PDA

View Full Version : Killing lifeboats

Mammal
25 Sep 2008, 09:10am
Is there, or can a rule be brought into effect about the shooting of lifeboats on "mg_piratewars"?

If a vote is done that wins can you punish for firing cannons after one of the ships has sunk?

I would like to know.

Cooki3Monsta
25 Sep 2008, 09:50am
Yeah I see what u mean. Its a very unclear thing for many members & sometimes they try to create a treaty. But that usually fails lol. I think its fine to shoot their lifeboats at times :w00t:

Mammal
25 Sep 2008, 10:21am
What I mean is being slayed or kicked for shooting lifeboats, or even just shooting after a ship has sunk (even if it doesnt hit).

Cooki3Monsta
25 Sep 2008, 10:32am
I haven't seen that happen O.o

Mammal
25 Sep 2008, 10:35am
I hgave demos of it happening to me, I am asking to find out the standing on this before I post (if I do).
I also heard that grim got a strike for it.

jeN
25 Sep 2008, 10:48am
It was basically decided that it's part of the map since the boats are destroyable. Admins really shouldn't kick/ban/slay users for performing a function that is built into the map.

You can ask users to not shoot them and just knife it out, but you can't force them to.

Lux
25 Sep 2008, 10:58am
Why don't you just make a version where cannons don't destroy the lifeboats.......:confused1:

Tcp-Kill
25 Sep 2008, 11:05am
Why don't you just make a version where cannons don't destroy the lifeboats.......:confused1:

That is pretty pointless considering the fact that you failed and your big boat is sinking then you retreat back into the little boats and are at the other teams mercy.

It's a part of the game, get used to it and stop failing so hard you have to go to the boats.

BOOWY
25 Sep 2008, 11:09am
This is where votebanning is a beautiful thing. I think it's out of line to kick someone or slay them for shooting at boats, but I think it's perfectly fine to voteban them if the majority of players don't want you shooting out boats.

Lux
25 Sep 2008, 11:12am
That is pretty pointless considering the fact that you failed and your big boat is sinking then you retreat back into the little boats and are at the other teams mercy.

It's a part of the game, get used to it and stop failing so hard you have to go to the boats.

Lol its not like I fail at and I'm not used to it, because I don't play on mini games.

I was just suggesting the idea to Mammal because I thought everyone agreed on the rule that once a boat is down you knife it out with them because shooting them to death is..............boring???

It would just be a better solution to having to kick/ban people for ruining others fun.

Bill Smauz
25 Sep 2008, 03:45pm
I always shoot peoples lifeboats

Harpr33t
25 Sep 2008, 03:51pm
Well whenever im on me and the captain of the other ship make an agreement on whether to shoot the lifeboats or not. If they break it we crush them and give them no mercy.

Dracula
25 Sep 2008, 03:58pm
I always shoot em treaty or not.

Bill Smauz
25 Sep 2008, 04:20pm
I always shoot em treaty or not.

:thumbup:

jeN
25 Sep 2008, 04:28pm
Lol its not like I fail at and I'm not used to it, because I don't play on mini games.

I was just suggesting the idea to Mammal because I thought everyone agreed on the rule that once a boat is down you knife it out with them because shooting them to death is..............boring???

It would just be a better solution to having to kick/ban people for ruining others fun.

Oh no it's quite hilarious depending on the players.

Dracula
25 Sep 2008, 04:33pm
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Mammal
26 Sep 2008, 09:06am
Well I always shoot lifeboats, its not really hard to avoid the cannon balls, you can normally make it to the other ship, and if not dont lose so badly...

I got kicked for it myself and another got slayed simply for shooting a cannon ball that landed near to the ships.
It wasn't tk either... :thumbdown:

Suri
26 Sep 2008, 10:17am
We can end this topic with this.

ADMIN CAN NOT MAKE UP THEIR OWN RULES!! IF THE RULE IS NOT LISTED IN THE MOTD THEN IT'S NOT A RULE.

This mean admins can not take a vote on a rule they just came up with. Even if the vote passes they can not punish for it.

Cooki3Monsta
26 Sep 2008, 11:32am
What about a teammate killing another teammate by shooting their boat? May I ban for teamkilling?

Axel
17 Oct 2008, 04:24pm
What about a teammate killing another teammate by shooting their boat? May I ban for teamkilling?

That would be a good idea :D
Though I personally find it funny when you shoot people in the ships and they All start screaming while the sink to the bottom of the sea xD
But a rule to protect players from being TK would be nice!

andre1028
17 Oct 2008, 04:54pm
A BD said it clearly I think.

WE AINT MAKING MAP SPECIFIC RULES!

KKTY :)

SATAN
17 Oct 2008, 05:06pm
That would be a good idea :D
Though I personally find it funny when you shoot people in the ships and they All start screaming while the sink to the bottom of the sea xD
But a rule to protect players from being TK would be nice!

Thats already a rule its "No Team Killing"