PDA

View Full Version : Bring back UK Escape?

Modgers1
23 Sep 2008, 07:54pm
I'm sorry, but I just kind of miss playing on UK Escape with the lot of us that are geographically challenged. Also, we wouldn't want to lose any of our Europe traffic with the loss of the UK Dedi would we? Just wondering what other people are thinking...

-Modgers

Repus
24 Sep 2008, 12:46am
Yea, uk escape back

Chobber
24 Sep 2008, 01:31am
Yea, uk escape back

Daze
24 Sep 2008, 02:44am
of course, to our some what minimal european fellows this was a great server before.

Henrik
24 Sep 2008, 04:09am
i miss eu to we want eu back :D

BOOWY
24 Sep 2008, 04:40am
Why in the world would I vote no? I don't play on the server, but what reason would I possibly have to vote no unless I wanted to piss off a bunch of people overseas? :confused1:

juku
24 Sep 2008, 04:51am
Better ping for the Uk people. Though the majority plays on the U.S. servers anyway.

Side note modgers get leveling.

Cooki3Monsta
24 Sep 2008, 04:53am
I voted no by accident >> But yes for U.K. Escapeee :thumbup:

Irish Rebel
24 Sep 2008, 07:27am
I loved Uk escape because it was the only escape server of steamgamers.com where my pinger isnt higher than 50?

Shabby
24 Sep 2008, 10:07am
Yeah UK escape was brilliant.

Mammal
24 Sep 2008, 11:09am
Knew it would be a matter of time before this thread was made, and ofc I voted yes.

Im also think that a one off EU Defuse server would be good, american defuse is normally full of euro players when I join.

PotshotPolka
24 Sep 2008, 12:28pm
I say no, only temporarily. I'd like us to get a third american server on west coast before expanding further.

Daze
24 Sep 2008, 01:47pm
I say no, only temporarily. I'd like us to get a third american server on west coast before expanding further.

omg, the selfishness is self explanitory.

Tyrant
24 Sep 2008, 04:27pm
Although I personally never played on UK Escape, I did see, and heard, that it was the most popular EU server that we had. I believe it should be brought back at Haggard and Companys nearest convenience.

matt 187
24 Sep 2008, 04:32pm
bring it back!!!!!!!!

so i don't hear....bloody, twat, wanker or yank any more.Most annoying thing in the world!!!

Lux
24 Sep 2008, 04:47pm
so i don't hear....bloody, twat, wanker or yank any more.Most annoying thing in the world!!!

No whats annoying is hearing from every other person...

"Hey are you Brittish??"

"yeah...."

"D00d thats aweeesomeee I love Brittish"

"cool............."

Or its just "I hate Brittish want some tea and crumpets hahahaha...."

:sleep:

matt 187
24 Sep 2008, 04:52pm
Or its just "I hate Brittish want some tea and crumpets hahahaha...."

:sleep:

:001_tt2:

Modgers1
24 Sep 2008, 08:17pm
It's not like we need a new EU dedi to get one back running. The UK escape server used to be just a separate owned server.

-Modgers

Chobber
25 Sep 2008, 01:08am
Exactly - no need for a dedicated.. A hosted one would do just fine :)

Daze
25 Sep 2008, 02:19am
but it would in effect, cost a lot more just to run that one server, probably as much as 2 servers on a american dedi.

I agree with Luxz0rs, I get my accent taken the piss out of by some fat american kid.

it hurts me inside :crying:

Fishy
25 Sep 2008, 05:36am
I get my accent taken the piss out of by some fat american kid.

aww poor daze :sad:

but yeah i think the UK escape should come back :biggrin:

James
25 Sep 2008, 05:52am
but it would in effect, cost a lot more just to run that one server, probably as much as 2 servers on a american dedi.

I agree with Luxz0rs, I get my accent taken the piss out of by some fat american kid.

That's ok, just tell him to get back to mcdonalds, his super size big mac is ready. :D

Daze
25 Sep 2008, 05:55am
That's ok, just tell him to get back to mcdonalds, his super size big mac is ready. :D

I'll remember that, but usually a mute works fine. :001_rolleyes:

Boobcake
25 Sep 2008, 09:43am
:biggrin:Yar we want escape back

LVG
25 Sep 2008, 11:13am
me wanty me wanty

lolzomgz
4 Oct 2008, 03:31pm
i was rank 12 on UK escape every one knew me thats where me and all my friends would meet up why was it taken away anyway? that server is what got me into the steam communety i knew almost all the admins and i miss the fact that evey one would say hi to me :crying: also i lag on almost every other server :scared:

Cooki3Monsta
4 Oct 2008, 03:44pm
Whats the conclusion? The poll says yes but no word from the AO's / BD's :crying:

Saxe
18 Oct 2008, 12:17pm
Fucking bring it back already :(

Paul
18 Oct 2008, 12:18pm
Fucking bring it back already :(

^

jeN
18 Oct 2008, 12:56pm
Did you guys ever stop and think that it hasn't been brought back because of the money involved?

No of course not, we purposely haven't made another because we hate Europeans and want to lose a good portion of our player base. That's obviously more logical as to why we currently do not have a UK server anymore.

Henrik
18 Oct 2008, 01:22pm
what about have a eu escape insted of the tf2 server??

jeN
18 Oct 2008, 01:23pm
what about have a eu escape insted of the tf2 server??

This was discussed. The tf2 server is stopped and we aren't paying for the individual server as all our US servers are hosted on 2 dedicated boxes. Closing the TF2 server gained us no money.

Mammal
19 Oct 2008, 06:57am
Did you guys ever stop and think that it hasn't been brought back because of the money involved?

No of course not, we purposely haven't made another because we hate Europeans and want to lose a good portion of our player base. That's obviously more logical as to why we currently do not have a UK server anymore.

How much would the server cost a month, and are there enough europeans admins/supporters to justify having that server?
I would bet there is.

Eldest
19 Oct 2008, 12:44pm
How much would the server cost a month, and are there enough europeans admins/supporters to justify having that server?
I would bet there is.

Just face it, UK Escape is gone, just enjoy the US server with all that sweet sweet lag and delay

Mammal
19 Oct 2008, 12:56pm
I just wanted to see what the answer to that is, as they jeN is talking about the money involved.

AppleShark
20 Oct 2008, 07:39am
We need to bring back UK Escape! I remember the good old days of ATIX_Extinction and ZWAT hill...

Omar
20 Oct 2008, 09:37am

awww poor you...

When i play xbl, after saying one sentence every guy goes "Shut the fuck up, you fucking paki, go blow op some towers u fucking son of a bitch" JUST BECAUSE OF MY ACCENT... The fuck seriously.

Mammal
20 Oct 2008, 09:52am
awww poor you...

When i play xbl, after saying one sentence every guy goes "Shut the fuck up, you fucking paki, go blow op some towers u fucking son of a bitch" JUST BECAUSE OF MY ACCENT... The fuck seriously.

One thing to say.

"Shut the fuck up, you fucking paki, go blow op some towers u fucking son of a bitch"

:001_tt2: only joking omar, I love you really :001_tt1: