PDA

View Full Version : Free kill as last ct/ Prison

Metal
23 Sep 2008, 05:35am
Well I have asked admins and SG regs, and they all say no freekilling.
but when ever a admin is on, he/she/it tells them no freekilling.
but without a admin they freekill even if a guy is in a cell hiding bang.
So i just wanted to see if something can be done

Daze
23 Sep 2008, 05:46am
if an admin isn't there, the only thing you can do is either demo it, or try to get the person votebanned for doing it.

or you could go on our vent channel and ask an admin politely if you would go the server in question and see what's going on.

tank40175
23 Sep 2008, 05:52am
Pretty much Daze covered it, votebaning is usually best if you can get votes. But if all ct's doing it then get admin. If I remember right voteban is longer than admin will usually give, if only for freekilling. I can't say for all but most I've seen admin give is like 5 min, sometimes an hour. Voteban is for like 10 hrs I think.

Daze
23 Sep 2008, 07:44am
Pretty much Daze covered it, votebaning is usually best if you can get votes. But if all ct's doing it then get admin. If I remember right voteban is longer than admin will usually give, if only for freekilling. I can't say for all but most I've seen admin give is like 5 min, sometimes an hour. Voteban is for like 10 hrs I think.

we were told to ban as a last measure on prison break servers, too many hot-head admins giving out ridiculous bans when they "think" they were freekilled, that's why you'll never see me ban anyone who freekills someone, it's pretty obvious there new to the game, so i would slay them and tell them to read "motd" then re-play.

at the moment there are some dumbasses who think it's funny to voteban people (including admins) for no reason.

our retribution will be swift, the ban hammer will be drawn.

Metal
23 Sep 2008, 10:13am
Thanks guys, i know ill never be a SG reg because i dislike DE.
But i will get my vent info set up for tonight.
And ill try to demo freekillers.

jeN
24 Sep 2008, 08:51am
we were told to ban as a last measure on prison break servers, too many hot-head admins giving out ridiculous bans when they "think" they were freekilled, that's why you'll never see me ban anyone who freekills someone, it's pretty obvious there new to the game, so i would slay them and tell them to read "motd" then re-play.

at the moment there are some dumbasses who think it's funny to voteban people (including admins) for no reason.

our retribution will be swift, the ban hammer will be drawn.

I agree with some exceptions though. I think if someone runs past the cells and starts shooting T's, and you warn them but they continue I would say you should ban before the players do. At least this way the ban will be on record so we can tell if the guy is just a douche in the future.

Also same with someone freekilling and then disconnecting thinking they're so swift/smart they wont get caught/in trouble. Which is why I now have a status bind.

Bubbles
24 Sep 2008, 07:37pm
i still think last ct should be able to shoot whoever, i mean, if u were a prison guard, and everyone else were dead, and it was YOU and a bunch of convicts who havent had a girl possibly in years, id get real trigger happy real fast

Boobcake
26 Sep 2008, 03:26pm
:sad:when a admin isnt on even t's dont give a shit... if they see theyr teammates being shot alot of them dont care until they get shot...:001_huh:

Maxwelldon
26 Sep 2008, 06:17pm
Free Killing indeed is wrong even if you're last CT - you're not allowed to just go blindly shoot everyone.
As state previously in the thread, just demo / get people voteban the person whos is FK'in all time.

And yea, I think we should add rule that "voteban for no reason is punishable offence" or something since there is people doing it whole lot..
One time I got ganged up by an admin with other players to voteban me for Free Killing -When- I was a -Terrorist-.. Just changed from server to another at that point because of a attempt to ban no reason.