PDA

View Full Version : Help with IP adress

SoulKeeper
22 Sep 2008, 04:34pm
Alright, I was fooling around with my IP in "Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4 Properties" for some reason, I can't really remember, it was set to "Obtain IP adress Automatically", I set it to "Use the following IP adress", set it and my internet was messed up, I went back and changed it to "Obtain IP adress Automatically" and my internet is STILL horrible. (I can't play SG, my ping'll be like 400+) Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Toxin
22 Sep 2008, 06:03pm
Maybe it's becaues your Internet provider is just screwed up? Try to check something else besides the IP Thing...

Zero001
22 Sep 2008, 06:10pm

I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for, but did you try a hard reset on your modem and router?

Harpr33t
22 Sep 2008, 07:46pm
Alright, I was fooling around with my IP in "Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4 Properties" for some reason, I can't really remember, it was set to "Obtain IP adress Automatically", I set it to "Use the following IP adress", set it and my internet was messed up, I went back and changed it to "Obtain IP adress Automatically" and my internet is STILL horrible. (I can't play SG, my ping'll be like 400+) Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

You need to reboot your hardware. Unplug your comp and modem for atleast 10-15 minutes and plug back in and you should be fine.

Daze
23 Sep 2008, 02:32am
Sounds like a problem with your ISP, it's not your router because you have internet access, however slow it is, which means it's not your IP address either.

which you shouldn't really play around with unless you write down everything your doing and reverse it afterwards, especially if it's use a selected IP!

SoulKeeper
23 Sep 2008, 02:19pm
Sounds like a problem with your ISP, it's not your router because you have internet access, however slow it is, which means it's not your IP address either.

which you shouldn't really play around with unless you write down everything your doing and reverse it afterwards, especially if it's use a selected IP!
When its Auto chose IP it shows everything blank, therefor I couldn't copy anything down.

andre1028
23 Sep 2008, 02:41pm
Probably your ISP, or maybe everyone in your neighborhood is a Limewire user.

Veggie
24 Sep 2008, 12:48am
If you have dsl service you can try this too.

1- Open your web browser of choice

2- type launchmodem and hit enter and your modem interface should come up. Click reset modem.

broncoty
24 Sep 2008, 08:30pm
make sure dhcp is turned on