PDA

View Full Version : A not so crazy map idea (Inspired by dwarves crazy idea xD)

Mammal
22 Sep 2008, 10:32am
So, you start in the cargo area of a plane, running through a relativley small maze of crates (potential for breakable crates/secrets) and depends on the routes you take in this maze you can end up in one of three routes:

The First, a narrow corridor leading to an elevator (big enough for 3-ish players and a ladder when it has left) leading to the upper levels.

The Second, two parallel corridors, leading to a dead end, with vents that open after 30 seconds (after you press an emergency valve) this leads to another section of the upper levels.

The third is a tear in the wall of the plane, inside you can climb up some different layers and end up in small crawl spaces and different jumps to reach the roof above the upper levels.

The upper levels:

Normal plane, seats, toilets, kitchen and (large) cockpit. The routes enter from different parts on the upper levels (depending on how long the route takes so that they will end up more or less level at the end).
The ones in the roof (from third route) will be able to run along above the other players, though lots of the floor will break and they will fall down into the lower areas (mabye be trapped in toilet and unable to get out? xD)

Eventually you have to reach the cockpit where you can press the self destruct button, this will close the cockpit door after 2 mins (open to debate) and then all the people left behind killed (various explosions, hole in wall and suck people out?).

Details:

Windows around the ship in various areas (small plane like ones) that will have a sky outside, this could be moving? To give the illusion of the plane moving without lag and glitching.

Some secrets, but none that will give you a massive advantage, be useable by lots of players at once or will kill everyone on the server by them trying to get in (space station X style).

Lots of room for design and artistic interpretation.

Hope someone takes this up as it could make a good map xD

Robfal
22 Sep 2008, 10:33am
ILL MAKE THIS THE FAIL POST. KEEEP THE OTHER ONE

Mammal
22 Sep 2008, 01:04pm
This is the non-fail thread, now serious comments please xD

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
22 Sep 2008, 06:20pm
I posted my idea because i belive it would be unique having 2 parts to the map, it would lose half its epicness without the island. But its still awesome the idea of escaping a moving plane, but would getting into the cockpit really save you from the horrible flaming death of a plane crashing? xD

andre1028
22 Sep 2008, 07:38pm
Try PMing Spiked or Bill about it, I'm sure they would help, I don't know how much it would cost though.

Smallsasaurus
22 Sep 2008, 10:01pm
I like both these ideas, but I think you guys are going about the plane in the wrong way. Instead of going from the back of the plane to the front, have it become that the plane is crashing and you need to evacuate from the front out the back. This way the plane doesn't have to be moving forward toward an island, it can just hang in the sky and when it has like 10 seconds left (it would be on a timer) have it just drop and/or explode. Then you can just jump out the back of the plane into water and swim to the escape island where you call for help and have a heli/boat pick you up or something. I know its not quite as realistic, seeing as a person jumping out the back first is landing in the same spot as the person jumping out 30 seconds later, but I don't think anyone is going to be that upset over that detail as long as the lag is minimal. Just my opinion, but this way seems to make more sense to me.

I like the idea of the 3 different routes, it's always good thinking to split the humans up a bit so that some of the humans have a chance to make it to the end. I think crouching through some vents up higher, the cargo room below, and then the middle level is the seating area of the plane, all with some obstacles seems to make sense. A Plane escape of sorts would be a cool idea. It's gotta be better then Jet Escape anyway, right?

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
23 Sep 2008, 05:46am
Thats crazy enough to work.

Mammal
23 Sep 2008, 09:58am
Id stick this idea to going back to front, getting to cockpit (reinforced and with a parachute :p) so you can survive.

Though going front to back is a good idea, then jumping out of the back as the plane blows up, swimming to a boat?

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
23 Sep 2008, 09:05pm
Swimming to an island, it all works out.