PDA

View Full Version : 3-Strike rule

Toxin
19 Sep 2008, 06:14am
Why don't you think over that? The rule is - in my opinion - not good to keep griefers from the server. There are very many regulars, supporters, admins and even higher who got banned before. What I want to point out here?

Everybody can start on the server as a shitbag and if he or she is correcting himself/herself, they can still get a trusted member of the community. Let's say that player is making a mistake or etc. (lagged, glitched out) and is accidently blocking, this player would get a ban aka Strike.

In my opinion, that 3-Strike rule should be removed or edited.

Bill Smauz
19 Sep 2008, 07:41am
My idea on 3-strike rule:
After 1 month all there bans are cleaned and they start fresh. If they get banned 3 times in 1 month then it's perma ban. The more bans someone has the more the longer bans last.
So if someone had 3 bans and used racism it would be a perma.
All the other rules would also be a week.

XeNo
19 Sep 2008, 08:45am
Three reasons why this thread fails.

1. If you get banned due to an accident (Lagged out/glitched or stuck and blocking players) appeal and your ban will most likely be reduced to 5 mins therefore not be a strike.

2. If you have to be banned 3 times for longer than 5mins even with appeals, you probably can't learn to correct your shit fast enough. I have not seen anyone who gets more than 3 bans that people felt he shouldn't get permed.

3. Even if they get cleared of bans after one month, if they ever try for admin or so, people that know what they've been banned for will hold it against them regardless. Also, that's like saying 'Hey you're allowed to break the rules once a month and not get permed :D', it keeps griefers in the servers not out of them.

Edit:
Not to mention, in your own wording you say 'There are very many regulars, supporters and even admins who have been banned before'.

The fact you even know these people means they're still around, meaning they have gotten their stuff straight and not gotten banned again.

jeN
19 Sep 2008, 08:54am
The 3-strike rule is a guideline like a few others, it isn't fully enforced. There are several users who get away with 5+ more legit(over 5 minute) bans and don't get permed. There are also users who get permed before 3strikes. We don't actively go check the ban list to ban users who have 3 bans. It's all circumstantial. There are users who are given extra chances as well.

It gives us an idea of who may be a rule breaker, obviously if they've been banned for a few days over the same thing then do you really think they're going to learn their lesson? Also the ban list was hacked in August, all previous bans before that were wiped. It just shows up as one import ban now, the previous bans are what people have got in the month or so since the ban list was wiped.

Ignore any spelling/grammar mistakes, I'm tired. =[

MasterkennyG
19 Sep 2008, 04:10pm
maybe have a three strike rule

where one ban has to be at least a week

Sandstorm
19 Sep 2008, 09:34pm
grim had 69 last time i checked lol

Tcp-Kill
20 Sep 2008, 03:42am
IMO, i believe, if one has 3 bans all over a day then i would perm.

IF someone had maybe a an hour, hour, day i would probably give them a week.

I think it determines when they were banned, Is this person keep on getting banned even though when his ban expires he does it again? What the ban was for? Mild Racism? Bad team killing? Light TKing?

Alot of factors affect the/a ban and it's best to take all of them into consideration.

Toxin
21 Sep 2008, 05:06pm
Havok, a ban = a strike, you should know that, so yes,
I mean the 3 bans = perm-rule

Maxwelldon
22 Sep 2008, 04:13am
What I've understood from the system as I talked to higher ups long while ago that the 3 strike policy is based on how short interval there is between bans.

For eg. Player A has 4 bans;
- 1st ban for TeamKilling, 1 hour : eight weeks ago
- 2nd ban for Mic spamming, 6 hours: six weeks ago
- 3rd ban for Disrespecting, 5 minutes: three weeks ago (appealed)
- 4th ban for Glitching: week ago

Player B then again has 3 bans:
- 1st ban for TeamKilling, 1 hour: week ago
- 2nd ban for Glitching, 6 hours: four days ago
- 3rd ban for TeamKilling, week: two days ago

Player B would most like be permanently banned because obviously he isn't taking a hint of the previous bans.
Player A then again, he would be under observation and perm ban considered if he would keep getting in trouble from that point forward.

Mammal
22 Sep 2008, 11:42am
The three strike rule is just a clause in the rules so that if needed admins can perm-ban constant assholes.

It isn't really enforced unless you show you need a perm-ban.