PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth problem

[Strike]
8 Sep 2008, 05:51am
Hey, i have a laptop that should have bluetooth. It has this little button that says bluetooth but when i press it my computer just says:"No unit"..I have tryed to make this work for ages now and i just cant figure out how. I hope someone knows how =).

( i dont know if "No unit" is the right words because im not from england so i just translated it as good as i could)

1/4 luck

SpikedRocker
8 Sep 2008, 05:55am
What bluetooth periphial are you trying to hook up?

Daze
8 Sep 2008, 06:09am
if it's built in, consult your laptop's manual and the information should be there.

[Strike]
8 Sep 2008, 08:57am
okay, now i just hope i can find the manual:thumbup:

SpikedRocker
8 Sep 2008, 08:59am
Most problems with bluetooth is you need the computer to know what its trying to connect to. Theres "bluetooth addressses" that work like ip addresses. It just needs to connect them up.

[Strike]
8 Sep 2008, 09:11am
yup, my friend told me about that but he couldnt make it work either...so i really hope i find the manual cuz if i dont then im ******...

[Strike]
8 Sep 2008, 12:46pm
OMG! how stupid can it be ?!! I just read in the manual that it dont have bluetooth! what do i need a bluetooth button for when my pc dosent have it:glare:

SpikedRocker
8 Sep 2008, 01:46pm
OMG! how stupid can it be ?!! I just read in the manual that it dont have bluetooth! what do i need a bluetooth button for when my pc dosent have it:glare:

sounds like my car stereo with satalite radio...i have a button but no service.

aceofrazgriz
9 Sep 2008, 01:28am
i got non-working buttons on my laptop too. making different cases based upon small things like bluetooth is a big waste of money in the manufacturing department, so they skip it, and leave the button for all.

Daze
9 Sep 2008, 03:10am
just buy a bluetooth adapter for like $9.99

aceofrazgriz
10 Sep 2008, 02:28pm
just buy a bluetooth adapter for like $9.99

kensington makes a pretty good one that sticks out of your usb port less than 1/8th of an inch. a more expensive one tho. bluetooth on a PC isn't worth a whole lot tho, unless u use your pc for phone calls or something.