PDA

View Full Version : Football picks

GrayFox
7 Sep 2008, 04:56pm
Heres a thread to place your weekly football picks. We can keep tally and see who gets the most. I'm thinking of one Big pick and the rest being small picks. Also, shall we make this one giant threads or do you want me to do a weekly new thread?

matt 187
7 Sep 2008, 05:05pm
cowboys won =D woot!!!!!!!

raven maniac
7 Sep 2008, 05:34pm
Heres a thread to place your weekly football picks. We can keep tally and see who gets the most. I'm thinking of one Big pick and the rest being small picks. Also, shall we make this one giant threads or do you want me to do a weekly new thread?

Gray, like I said in the other post I bet on football at a bar. They give you tickets that give point spreads. I can post up the teams and the point spread for each one and we can have a contest to see who gets the most right. At the end of the regular season will we tally up and see who has the most amount of picks right and start a clean slate for when the playoffs start.

GrayFox
7 Sep 2008, 05:47pm
Ok, do you want to do One main pick and everyone else lesser? People will just have two different records, one being more like 14-2 and the other somewhere around 60-60(could vary by alot).

raven maniac
7 Sep 2008, 05:51pm
we could do that, sounds interesting!

GrayFox
7 Sep 2008, 05:56pm
Ok, so will you be making these threads or do you want me to?

raven maniac
7 Sep 2008, 06:38pm
Ok, so will you be making these threads or do you want me to?

you can if you want :)

GrayFox
7 Sep 2008, 06:47pm
Ok, I'll try to make a new one every tuesday. Heres the rules:

Pick your main choice (this choice would be first and please bold the either pick)

The rest of the picks will follow after where you will decide the rest of the teams. These will be counted in a different catagory.

Example:

I pick Pats winning over Chiefs

Indy Over Bears
Cowboys over Bengals

And so on. So out of those 3, my score so far would be (1-0)(2-0).

Do these sound good raven?

Italian Jew
7 Sep 2008, 06:53pm
Cowboys played the Browns this week...

we don't beat the Bengals until week 5 I think.

GrayFox
7 Sep 2008, 06:54pm
Cowboys played the Browns this week...

we don't beat the Bengals until week 5 I think.

Meh I was just offering examples off the top of my head, thats why I stopped at 2 :biggrin:. What do you think of these?

raven maniac
7 Sep 2008, 07:13pm
I was thinking more like you pick every game and the person with the most picked right wins eg..

Ravens* vs Cinci - points -1
Atlanta vs Detroit* - Detroit spots 3
Indi* vs Bears - Indi spots 7

After the games are all done we will tally up who has the most wins each week and create a thread with a count of all the games they have won and lost, eg....35-15 (w/l ratio).

* indicates Home team
Spots = Team spotted gets points added to their score and the higher of the 2 wins
Points -1 = take both scores and -1
Ties = loss eg..(see below)

Say Ravens spot Cinci 7 and the Ravens win an actual score of 14-7. You add the 7 that the Ravens spotted which = 14-14 which = tie and tie = loss.

GrayFox
7 Sep 2008, 07:34pm
I was thinking more like you pick every game and the person with the most picked right wins eg..

Ravens* vs Cinci - points -1
Atlanta vs Detroit* - Detroit spots 3
Indi* vs Bears - Indi spots 7

After the games are all done we will tally up who has the most wins each week and create a thread with a count of all the games they have won and lost, eg....35-15 (w/l ratio).

* indicates Home team
Spots = Team spotted gets points added to their score and the higher of the 2 wins
Points -1 = take both scores and -1
Ties = loss eg..(see below)

Say Ravens spot Cinci 7 and the Ravens win an actual score of 14-7. You add the 7 that the Ravens spotted which = 14-14 which = tie and tie = loss.

Seems alittle confusing to me, but then again I've never done something like that before. So if I say I'm going to give them 20 extra points, I can? And if it makes them win... I win?

raven maniac
7 Sep 2008, 08:09pm
Seems alittle confusing to me, but then again I've never done something like that before. So if I say I'm going to give them 20 extra points, I can? And if it makes them win... I win?

haha nono, The amount of points spotted are decided by the people that do the football cards for me xD. All you gotta do is pick the teams you think will win and hope they beat the spread.

or we could just pick which teams we think will win straight up without spotting any points. That would make it a little more easier.

matt 187
7 Sep 2008, 09:01pm
Tom Brady is out for the rest of the year woot woot :w00t:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

this year belongs to the cowboys now :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

GrayFox
8 Sep 2008, 04:34am
haha nono, The amount of points spotted are decided by the people that do the football cards for me xD. All you gotta do is pick the teams you think will win and hope they beat the spread.

or we could just pick which teams we think will win straight up without spotting any points. That would make it a little more easier.

If everyone else knows how to play by your way then we can do that, if not we can just pick teams.

GrayFox
9 Sep 2008, 02:04pm
Ok heres what we'll do. For this season we'll just pick what teams will win when, with one big team. Keeps it simple until we figure something out next time. I'll post a new thread each week. Your welcome to post any opinions on teams or info that you may have.