PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed to say the least.

WholeWheatBread
29 Aug 2008, 08:34pm
I have been a player on the zombie murder servers for a while now. Back when I began playing on them I chose to add them to my favorites because I really enjoyed the player-base and the mods/maps that were featured. I finally got around to registering on the forums and my respect for the community kept on increasing. I eventually decided to make a map for the zombie escape server. Now that I have expressed my history with zombie murder I will move on to the real reason I am making this post, disappointment.

I have witnessed a sharp increase in the amount of disrespectful and outright immature behavior across all zombie murder servers. Before when fun was looked at as the "norm" is now replaced by ridiculous behavior that I have not saw since playing Halo 3 on Xbox Live (other who have played know what I mean). Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be a "scrooge" about this, I too like having fun. My idea of fun is NOT listening to some 13-year old prepubescent boy screaming "faggot" constantly over the mic. I think many zombie murder members would agree with me on this. I know what you are thinking, "Why not just mute them?". If only it was that simple. Yes, you can mute one but there will be 10 more that come in his/her place, almost as if the behavior is to be expected. I know the admins try their best to police the servers but as soon as a rule breaker sees the "[SG]*****" connecting to the server they stop their behavior. As soon as the admin leaves, they continue. Again, you are more than likely thinking, "Why not get a demo and report them?" To be honest, if I did that for every rule infraction I saw I would never get to play the game. In my honest opinion I think the admins need to be given more power to clean the servers of this "element" before other players start to leave. I have saw this type of behavior ruin other servers if it goes unchecked. I understand also that many of the times the server owner does not want his admins giving out harsh bans due to it negatively affecting server population. I would rather play with 20 decent human beings than 40 racist/homophobic mic spammers.

To bring this to a close, please do something about this fairly recent change in the server community. I really love playing on your servers but I am not going to continue to do so if this problem keep escalating. This is to the people that I am talking about in my post: Acting like a jackass does not make you "cool", it does not make you "non-conformist", and it certainly does not impress me or anyone. Bottom line, treat people with respect and give them the same courtesy over the mic that you would if they were standing in front of you. Do this, and then you will really impress me.

GrayFox
29 Aug 2008, 08:39pm
Theres not much you can do. People already go in under cover, then you have people posting demos, and admins already in there. The only way you could get every is if you have a bot that just sees everything.

barackobama
29 Aug 2008, 08:51pm
Ahh, sorry about your time on the servers. We try are best to police them.

darth jacen
29 Aug 2008, 11:41pm
They rly do on vent all my admin friends r on call 4 baning more then they get 2 play so I mean they r only ppl or else they would police all day. Trust me all 64 or so admins are happy 2 ban ass holes and that cleans all the servers thx to global bans, so they do all they can

Daze
30 Aug 2008, 01:12am
It's the shame you feel that way, if you have a mic hope on our Ventrilo server and whenever theres someone rulebreaking or playing up simply tell an admin or two, at least one will help you out and deal with the matter.