PDA

View Full Version : Obama's latest speech at the DNC

tehsnipes
29 Aug 2008, 07:36pm
What are your thoughts? I thought he addressed a lot of things that needed to be addressed. He was very powerful and straightforward. He was very specific on his policies which everyone had complained about. @ tampon and legalsmash, he specified that he's going to CUT taxes to over 95% of Americans so there's one argument down. He addressed the stupid "celebrity" issue. The republicans haven't had a legitimate argument with him besides the "experience" issue so they try to label this man a celebrity, one who worked his way up all by himself with just a single mother. He never had shown arrogance so I don't know where you get these "Elitist and Celebrity" labels besides from the Grand Old Party. He made it clear that such petty tactics from the GOP won't stop him.

I don't understand why you're getting worked up over him not permanently cutting the upper-class's tax (Can't say the same for McCain). That is a major factor on the current job losses. All these global companies are outsourcing since the US aren't giving tax breaks to companies investing in America. Giving the tax breaks to the companies investing in America will aid those major towns that had factories and mills shut down due to outsourcing.

LegalSmash
29 Aug 2008, 08:20pm
He can say it till his ass bleeds, I'll believe it when I see it. By the way, don't forget to perish in a pyroclast.
http://420.thrashbarg.net/penguin_army_bear_cavalry.jpg

PotshotPolka
29 Aug 2008, 08:28pm
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z183/LewLew1991/4qdzk1j.jpg

LegalSmash
29 Aug 2008, 08:34pm
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z183/LewLew1991/4qdzk1j.jpg

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_050207/content/01125108.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z183/LewLew1991/4l6knza.jpg

PotshotPolka
29 Aug 2008, 08:35pm
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6384/ohshinr4.jpg
The invasion begins!

GrayFox
29 Aug 2008, 08:36pm
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_050207/content/01125108.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z183/LewLew1991/4l6knza.jpg

http://www.hqusareur.army.mil/Images/Army-Logo.gif

FUCK YEA AMERICA!

Zero001
30 Aug 2008, 12:20am
It was an Obama speech. There was a lack of substance, but it does give an idea as to were he wants to go. I failed to hear the specifics tehsnipes mentioned, but I'll let it go 5/10

Avoiding legitimate arguments? :001_rolleyes:

PotshotPolka
30 Aug 2008, 07:11am
It was an Obama speech. There was a lack of substance, but it does give an idea as to were he wants to go. I failed to hear the specifics tehsnipes mentioned, but I'll let it go 5/10

There's no argument to be made, Whales on stilts are evil, and will one day rule the world.

GMan
30 Aug 2008, 07:26am
Don't fuck with the Bear :)

LegalSmash
30 Aug 2008, 07:36am

Ah! Yes! Someone I would want to actually speak politics with. I think he said many "buzzword" phrases, tax, abortion, war, etc. and made a cursory statement about each. For someone to speak for 44 minutes and say that little substantively, its amazing, which truly speaks volume about "change". I did not really think it was appropriate, nor necessary for him to tell me, or the DNC that he was a bastard child, or that his mom was on the government cheese. Him being the "rainbow coalition" child who's mom got her balloon filled by Simba does not make him any less of an elitist fop.

He did not start well, but then improved, spoke about taxation and made a credible starter to a plan, but his comment about "cutting taxes for 95% of the middle class" made me go "lolwut" because he failed to mention by how much and in what areas was he going to inevitably raise taxes.

I love tax law, and I've worked previously with the IRS. Its a policy area that I know and understand well. Most people are unwilling to understand that the proportionate taxation system is the most efficient and fair way to ensure tax compliance and appropriately fund the government without unduly burdening any particular group. This is why I've mostly politely disagreed with the concept of "fairtax" and at the same time I disagree with the concept of raising income taxes. As far as I am concerned, aside from a realignment of the actual numbers to accurately reflect what is considered middle class, as the 1986 code does not accurately represent what is actual middle class now. He either seems to fail to understand the complexity on restructuring the tax code, or is just tossing it up in order to gain a few more votes

As for "direct diplomacy" I refuse to endorse any candidate who will recognize or aim to do business with the illegitimate leaders of Cuba, or aid and abet their continued political and social oppression on the people of that nation.

As for Gay issues, hes going to alienate some of his more religious potential voters by acknowledging their need for marriage or a marriage like avenue.

He did what he usually has done, said a lot of pretty sounding things with as little substance as allowable while keeping his audience wowed.

LegalSmash
30 Aug 2008, 07:45am
Don't fuck with the Bear :)

ROFL. Whales

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 09:25am

There was no lack of substance unless you are deaf. Same with you Legal. You clearly haven't heard his speech so how can you say that? Its called cronyism to the GOP.
Obama Odumbo?? How hilarious, GOP and the far right have to resort to such crude and childish retorts.
McSame (now this is legitimate, this guy voted 95% with Bush
http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/06/mcbush.jpg

PotshotPolka
30 Aug 2008, 04:42pm
There was no lack of substance unless you are deaf. Same with you Legal. You clearly haven't heard his speech so how can you say that? Its called cronyism to the GOP.
Obama Odumbo?? How hilarious, GOP and the far right have to resort to such crude and childish retorts.
http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/06/mcbush.jpg

And you think that we all are pro-McCain all the way?
And as far the similarities, what the fuck do you mean? The man had to get a bear-killing, oil-drilling, hardcore governer to woo the Righteous Right.

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 05:36pm
And you think that we all are pro-McCain all the way?
And as far the similarities, what the fuck do you mean? The man had to get a bear-killing, oil-drilling, hardcore governer to woo the Righteous Right.

By Similarities I mean voting with Bush 95% of the time.

Zero001
30 Aug 2008, 05:36pm

Uuh, there you go. You had to ruin it for yourself. You started a decent thread and then took a crap on it. The "Anything But Bush" platform didn't work the last time and it's failing this time. Particularly because no matter how many times you say it McCain is not the same as Bush. Each party almost always votes close percentages amongst themselves. Just because he voted 95% with Bush doesn't mean he wanted to handle things like Bush did.

Instead of using this thread wisely by going through your 'details' and explaining why it's good for the country you panicked. No one can take you seriously because of it.

I'm not death there really was no substance. He went through about 20 or so issues and vaguely mentioned what he wanted to do. Usually candidates will cover 10 topics and get into detail. Obama's speech sounds prettier (that's what he does), but again where's the beef?

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 07:18pm
Uuh, there you go. You had to ruin it for yourself. You started a decent thread and then took a crap on it. The "Anything But Bush" platform didn't work the last time and it's failing this time. Particularly because no matter how many times you say it McCain is not the same as Bush. Each party almost always votes close percentages amongst themselves. Just because he voted 95% with Bush doesn't mean he wanted to handle things like Bush did.

Instead of using this thread wisely by going through your 'details' and explaining why it's good for the country you panicked. No one can take you seriously because of it.

I'm not death there really was no substance. He went through about 20 or so issues and vaguely mentioned what he wanted to do. Usually candidates will cover 10 topics and get into detail. Obama's speech sounds prettier (that's what he does), but again where's the beef?

Whatever you say, I don't know how much more detailed you can get and still hold the audience's attention. I won't go into detail simply because I have a life. I try not to take too much time to rebuttal each and every point simply because its a waste of time. You will simply reply with "die in a fire and other unintelligent retorts such as "Odumbo" or Osama. :glare: :001_rolleyes:;.

Zero001
30 Aug 2008, 08:21pm
Whatever you say, I don't know how much more detailed you can get and still hold the audience's attention. I won't go into detail simply because I have a life. I try not to take too much time to rebuttal each and every point simply because its a waste of time. You will simply reply with "die in a fire and other unintelligent retorts such as "Odumbo" or Osama. :glare: :001_rolleyes:;.

Find one example where I have done that.
You won't go into detail because you have nothing to go on. The only thing you touched on was tax cuts and then you go on to post this:

I don't understand why you're getting worked up over him not permanently cutting the upper-class's tax (Can't say the same for McCain). That is a major factor on the current job losses. All these global companies are outsourcing since the US aren't giving tax breaks to companies investing in America. Giving the tax breaks to the companies investing in America will aid those major towns that had factories and mills shut down due to outsourcing.

That alone shows your lack of understanding of economics. While tax cuts are a factor they are far from major. Economics is not a science. I'll stop myself now before I ramble on.

PotshotPolka
30 Aug 2008, 08:32pm

http://msp307.photobucket.com/albums/nn288/R31D/killitwithfire-1.gif

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 09:51pm
Find one example where I have done that.
You won't go into detail because you have nothing to go on. The only thing you touched on was tax cuts and then you go on to post this:

That alone shows your lack of understanding of economics. While tax cuts are a factor they are far from major. Economics is not a science. I'll stop myself now before I ramble on.

It is not the taxes themselves....It's encouraging companies to invest in America.

Zero001
30 Aug 2008, 10:22pm
It is not the taxes themselves....It's encouraging companies to invest in America. :w00t: Congratulations! That's a proper idea.

There are still more factors out there, but I'll save it for now. BTW... you do know that Obama isn't the only one with stimulus plan right? McCain has one any many think that it's better. Just making sure because your post in the VP thread was just ridiculous.

LegalSmash
31 Aug 2008, 12:01am
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/eb/Strasb2.jpg

Zero001
31 Aug 2008, 12:19am
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/eb/Strasb2.jpg

LMAO :rlol:
That picture delivers :thumbup:. I just imagined you as the guy roasting tehsnipes and his friend :rlol:

tehsnipes
31 Aug 2008, 11:04am
LMAO :rlol:
That picture delivers :thumbup:. I just imagined you as the guy roasting tehsnipes and his friend :rlol:

Good One, seeing as you cannot rebuttal my statements. All your responses have only partially addressed what I said. You somehow think that Bush not accountable for ANYTHING. He is the President, all responsibility lays on his shoulders. Congress is partially to blame but Bush is to blame the most.

@ Your statement about how Obama is going to take your money and overspend on programs.

It isn’t Democrats who overspend on programs - it’s Republicans. The War in Iraq is costing us trillions.

Every Rep President since Eisenhower has “borrowed and spent” horrendously - bribing all sorts of corporate and evangelical groups for their votes and campaign support. It’s time we buried this old inaccurate bromide once and for all.

If you want fiscal responsibility, elect Democrats and pay your way as you go. As for the source of funding - Eisenhower warned about the financial and power hunger of the “military industrial complex” long ago.

Put them on a $$ diet (we are short on soldiers - but not on weaponery) and we can easily pay for programs that will truly make America strong in the ways we need to be for the 21st Century while maintaining military might.

Green technology promises the economic benefits that the space race did - we just need the leadership to make it happen. Obama is that leader.

LegalSmash
31 Aug 2008, 11:07am
Good One, seeing as you cannot rebuttal my statements. All your responses have only partially addressed what I said. You somehow think that Bush not accountable for ANYTHING. He is the President, all responsibility lays on his shoulders. Congress is partially to blame but Bush is to blame the most.

@ Your statement about how Obama is going to take your money and overspend on programs.

It isn’t Democrats who overspend on programs - it’s Republicans. The War in Iraq is costing us trillions.

Every Rep President since Eisenhower has “borrowed and spent” horrendously - bribing all sorts of corporate and evangelical groups for their votes and campaign support. It’s time we buried this old inaccurate bromide once and for all.

If you want fiscal responsibility, elect Democrats and pay your way as you go. As for the source of funding - Eisenhower warned about the financial and power hunger of the “military industrial complex” long ago.

Put them on a $$ diet (we are short on soldiers - but not on weaponery) and we can easily pay for programs that will truly make America strong in the ways we need to be for the 21st Century while maintaining military might.

Green technology promises the economic benefits that the space race did - we just need the leadership to make it happen. Obama is that leader.

You really have no concept of the way American economics, or for that matter, economics in general works, nor for that matter U.S. Seperation of Powers doctrine or representative government.

Zero001
31 Aug 2008, 12:29pm
Good One, seeing as you cannot rebuttal my statements. I have responded to each of your post. That quote you took was a response to legal not you.

All your responses have only partially addressed what I said. You somehow think that Bush not accountable for ANYTHING. He is the President, all responsibility lays on his shoulders. Congress is partially to blame but Bush is to blame the most. I don't think he isn't responsible for anything, I just think he's blamed for too much. I don't like him, but that's just the way things are.

@ Your statement about how Obama is going to take your money and overspend on programs. Where is that statement. I've said no such thing. I've never directly attacked Obama.

Put them on a $$ diet (we are short on soldiers - but not on weaponery) and we can easily pay for programs that will truly make America strong in the ways we need to be for the 21st Century while maintaining military might. Omega is the only one that's gotten close to having me lay down economics. This isn't even a worthy challenge.

Green technology promises the economic benefits that the space race did - we just need the leadership to make it happen. Obama is that leader. That is your opinion and I respect that, but my opinion says otherwise. McCain's energy plans solve problems now and address the the future as well.

The primary reason why I never push to fully solve and answer anything in threads like these is because I think it's a waste. I feel like a lot of these topics deserve their own threads and that is where I would take action. The oil thread turned into a nuclear/alternative energy discussion and I held back there because it was about oil and I still said a lot. Start a thread about any topic. Discuss your opinion and what your candidate wants to do about it and I'll post mine. There are even some things I support Obama on. I take sides on issues not political parties.

Back On Topic
This is a thread about Obama's speech.

"When you have no record to run on, you make people afraid to vote for your opponent"
W2G Obama

Slavic
1 Sep 2008, 12:34am
Bunch of rhetoric to me, but I don't expect the Republican Convention to be any different.

You have to remember that these conventions are primarily utilized to pander to the undecided voters. Mind you, that the undecided voters are usually the most idiotic people you will find.

Any person with even a basic understanding of politics already made their decision of who to vote for during the early nomination processes. There is no need for these two candidates to make any "well thought out and detailed" statements in these conventions. All they need is to shoot off buzzwords, ;which Obama did very well, and I'm waiting to see how skilled McCain is with his buzzwords. I'm hoping on seeing if he can use Patriot, Abortion, and Iran in one sentence. *crosses fingers*

Zero001
1 Sep 2008, 11:49am
I'm hoping on seeing if he can use Patriot, Abortion, and Iran in one sentence. *crosses fingers*

Lol, that would be awesome.

I'm personally waiting for the debates. I love how things have shaken up and it should provide quit a good show.

LitKey
1 Sep 2008, 12:01pm
Lol, that would be awesome.

I'm personally waiting for the debates. I love how things have shaken up and it should provide quit a good show.

QNAMIGRjbBg

Give me one of these funny moments and I'll be happy. :thumbup1:

PotshotPolka
1 Sep 2008, 12:23pm

Ahem. First off Eisenhower technically was a Republican, not that he gave a damn, and you're quoting him for his statements, then turning around and playing off Democrats as the way to go in any situation. If you have actually read Eisenhower's Farewell Address you would know that you just set yourself for a gutshot, seeing as how only two years later we found ourselves in a shitty situation with the Bay of Pigs (which Kennedy really boned big time), and not to mention the missile crisis. Then two and a half years later Johnson, and a heavily packed democratic congress passed the Gulf Of Tonkin Resolution and sent us in to the most costly conflict in American history, sparking deficits and recession for nearly a decade.
-Carter stepped in during the Yom Kippur war after Israel began pushing back the Arab states, when the USSR began to threaten military intervention if the conflict continued. This indirectly resulted in another conflict with the Middle East, as well as the 1973 oil embargo, which combined with the "stagflation" in the economy led to record deficits.

Before you spit out another negligent fallacy of logic I'll tell you now, for each and every flaw in Democratic policy I can find one equally foul committed by a Republican president.

What you seem to not get is that the economy, foreign policy, and overall public opinion has less to do with political parties than it does with the weather.

But regardless of these statements you will troll right through, so sit tight while I find some more 4chan pictures.

LegalSmash
1 Sep 2008, 03:16pm
Things American 18-29 year old Bandwagon Liberals like to do

* Buy Apple Products
* Join peta
* Have sex and kill your baby
* Go to a church, throw a grenade in the door, run. Repeat steps in different towns.
* Quote 1984, Animal Farm, or Brave New World
* Complain
* Post long-winded rants that turn into flame wars
* Burn Bibles and Talmuds, but not Qu'rans because liberals think Islam is "beautiful" and "peaceful" since it is not a part of Western civilization and is therefore "exotic" to them (even though Islam is the complete antithesis of liberalism).
* Lose
* Have long discussions about the movie, "BioDome"
* Tax things
* Complain
* Have unprotected underage sex in their trailer parks and ghetto blocks.'
* Deny that trailer trash are considered liberals despite the evidence that they are.
* Kill their baby and in the same day protest the execution of a necrophiliac, mass murdering rapist.
* Complain
* Hate your own race
* Claim to be against racism but look the other way when big black thugs pick on the nerdy Azn kids in the back of the bus or harass Arab and Indian gas station attendants.
* Call everyone "racist" and/or "Nazi" even though they practice opportunistic "silent" racism (the token black guy/girl custom)
* Patronize minorities from the comfort of their white gated-off suburban neighborhoods.
* Clutch their wallets/purses for dear life when they come in the presence of said minorities.
* Use words such as "hegemony" excessively, which they pretend to understand but secretly do not.
* Drive SUVs.
* Listen to Conservative talk radio. There is no liberal talk radio, so liberals listen to Bill O'Reilly, then call him a fat stupid asshole and disagree with everything he says. Then they fail to realize that he too is a liberal.
* Watch furry porn
* Try to ban cigarettes while lobbying for the legalization of pot.
* Continue the rebellious period in their teen years where most people say "FUCK YOU" to their parents then grow out of it. Liberals still hate daddy for spanking them after catching them in the closet jacking off on the cat's fur.
* Associate God, Republicans, Police and Military figures (U.S. Military, they would rub any invading country's soldier's balls while they raped them in the ass) -- basically anyone with authority because they remind them of their daddy. The only adult figures who are accepted by Liberals are their pot smoking whacked out college professors because they remind them of the stoner uncle they had that broke their ass-hymen for the first time.
* Call people fascists, while printing out shitloads/spraying graffiti of their own propaganda.
* Protest the cutting of trees with huge paper signs that are sometimes stapled to a piece of lumber.
* Take it in the ass
* Attend art school.
* Complain
* End all of their anti-conservative smears with a question mark, a clever political slogan or "oh wait."
* Live in Kommiefornia or Massachusetts.
* Marry people from other cultures, or possibly their own sex.
* Complain, again
* Accuse institutions and countries they disagree with of apartheid and fascism while not knowing that the terms are actually self-descriptive.
* Complain, yet again
* Talk about how Republicans fuck everything up without giving solutions.
* Complain moar
* Take it in the ass a few more times, while complaining.
* Apologizing
* Forcing other people to apologize
* Protest (like the politicians give a shit)
* Make conspiracies
* Repetitively list "Complain" like a 13-year-old boy
* Worship Scientology and Obama
* Act stereotypically Conservative for the lulz -This case is extremely rare, as it is made entirely of awesome and win, with not an ounce of the usual liberal ingredients, pot and complaint.
* Suffocate while complaining.
* try to trap and fuck manbearpig.
* suck islamofascist dick.
* look for their lost testicles, and upon finding them they will become Conservative on their 30th birthday.
* Letting people know that they have a lot of multicultural friends.
* Forming cults
* Waste news time by protesting

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/fb/Liberal_Brain.jpg

LegalSmash
1 Sep 2008, 03:17pm
Ahem. First off Eisenhower technically was a Republican, not that he gave a damn, and you're quoting him for his statements, then turning around and playing off Democrats as the way to go in any situation. If you have actually read Eisenhower's Farewell Address you would know that you just set yourself for a gutshot, seeing as how only two years later we found ourselves in a shitty situation with the Bay of Pigs (which Kennedy really boned big time), and not to mention the missile crisis. Then two and a half years later Johnson, and a heavily packed democratic congress passed the Gulf Of Tonkin Resolution and sent us in to the most costly conflict in American history, sparking deficits and recession for nearly a decade.
-Carter stepped in during the Yom Kippur war after Israel began pushing back the Arab states, when the USSR began to threaten military intervention if the conflict continued. This indirectly resulted in another conflict with the Middle East, as well as the 1973 oil embargo, which combined with the "stagflation" in the economy led to record deficits.

Before you spit out another negligent fallacy of logic I'll tell you now, for each and every flaw in Democratic policy I can find one equally foul committed by a Republican president.

What you seem to not get is that the economy, foreign policy, and overall public opinion has less to do with political parties than it does with the weather.

But regardless of these statements you will troll right through, so sit tight while I find some more 4chan pictures.

If Polka was a pledge in my fraternity, I would make him the pledge class president with this kind of talk. :partydance::thumbup:

PotshotPolka
1 Sep 2008, 03:29pm
If Polka was a pledge in my fraternity, I would make him the pledge class president with this kind of talk. :partydance::thumbup:

What frat?

Slavic
1 Sep 2008, 09:05pm
What frat?

Its where I slept with your mother and made her do the walk of shame

Repeat
2 Sep 2008, 07:02am
Its where I slept with your mother and made her do the walk of shame

I'm guessing that could be any of the many frats that his momma did that LOLOLOL