PDA

View Full Version : McCain Picks Sarah Palin as VP

SpikedRocker
29 Aug 2008, 08:43am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/palin.republican.vp.candidate/index.html

Sarah Palin is the first and youngest governor of Alaska. NBC confirmed this news just a few minutes ago at 10:40 AM EST. She is hard line conservative. This is considered a gamble for McCain. She is 3 years younger than Obama and a generation younger than Biden. This becomes a problem with McCain claiming Obama doesn't have enough experience to be come president. She is a first term governor of a small state (by population). Alaska only has 3 electoral votes and doesn't influence many other states. McCain is banking on the gathering Clinton's dissenters and the female vote.

GrayFox
29 Aug 2008, 09:17am
Well, to be honest, shes not that bad looking. Well now I believe when either side wins now, there will be some historic change in the White House. First black president or first female vice president.

Itch
29 Aug 2008, 09:19am
It's an interesting choice.. I look forward to watching how this election plays out.

Zargotelc
29 Aug 2008, 09:40am
I want to congratulate Tina Fey on securing the Republican's VP nomination.

:partydance:

Zargotelc
29 Aug 2008, 09:48am
Picture time

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Palin1.JPG/225px-Palin1.JPG

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dJ81lnfGm7dM/610x.jpg

Zero001
29 Aug 2008, 09:52am
OMG!!!! I can't believe I wake up to this.

This isn't playing towards the Hillary dissenters at all, this is going right after the conservative vote. She doesn't pull the feminist vote at all. They'd be extremely hypocritical if they did. On top of that he loses the misogynist vote. This is epic. McCain is basically saying, F U Obama I'm going to bring back the conservative party. She is a gun-toting, pro-life, let's drill now conservative that matches Obama in the gay vote. Palin has a son in Iraq and has more experience than Obama. Palin puts the people first and is considered a whistle blower amongst Republicans. She slashes pork-barrel spending instead of just criticizing it. On top of that she gets the VPILF vote.

SpikedRocker
29 Aug 2008, 09:59am
I fail to see how she has more experience than Obama. She is in here 2nd year of governor of a minor state and before that she was on city council then mayor of a small town. Obama is in his 3rd year as a Senator and before that he was on Illinois state senate for 6-7 years. He has international experience and her experience is her son is over in Iraq.

LegalSmash
29 Aug 2008, 10:09am
shes hot, she has good values, and I would TOTALLY hit that.

Zero001
29 Aug 2008, 10:23am
I fail to see how she has more experience than Obama. She is in here 2nd year of governor of a minor state and before that she was on city council then mayor of a small town. Obama is in his 3rd year as a Senator and before that he was on Illinois state senate for 6-7 years. He has international experience and her experience is her son is over in Iraq.

She was mayor for 10 years, giving her more political time in office than Obama. On top of that being Governor is considered closer to Presidency than being a Senator. If the Obama camp even tries to play the no experience card it will end hurting him more. He is running for President and has less experience than the the other groups VP. The size of the town/State doesn't necessarily matter.

Her oldest son is in Iraq and she gave birth to a child with down syndrome. Just imagine the speech at the convention. I don't think she'll draw the feminist vote, but the mom vote is on the rise. Biden v Palin in the VP debate :001_tt1: Huge challenge for Palin that is clearly the experience underdog in this one.

LegalSmash
29 Aug 2008, 10:27am
She was mayor for 10 years, giving her more political time in office than Obama. On top of that being Governor is considered closer to Presidency than being a Senator. If the Obama camp even tries to play the no experience card it will end hurting him more. He is running for President and has less experience than the the other groups VP. The size of the town/State doesn't necessarily matter.

Her oldest son is in Iraq and she gave birth to a child with down syndrome. Just imagine the speech at the convention. I don't think she'll draw the feminist vote, but the mom vote is on the rise. Biden v Palin in the VP debate :001_tt1: Huge challenge for Palin that is clearly the experience underdog in this one.

word. and shes hot.

GrayFox
29 Aug 2008, 10:27am
Her oldest son is in Iraq and she gave birth to a child with down syndrome. Just imagine the speech at the convention.

Not another Hilary! http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/teh-shame.jpg

Suri
29 Aug 2008, 10:49am
I believe it was a great Pick! And yes she is a Hot Older Chick! And I agree with what Zero0 has said about her exp. The Obama camp just took a hugh blow!

GrayFox
29 Aug 2008, 10:53am
Shes down for some good 'ol hunting.

http://www.grizzlybay.org/SarahPalinInfoPage.htm

I think its obvious from these pictures how Alaska Governor Sarah Palin feels about wildlife conservation. Like many Alaskans, Palin believes that bears – and all Alaskan wildlife, exist for the sole purpose of serving humans. Sarah Palin, and the Alaska Board of Game whose members make decisions about most wildlife, are actively trying to cripple the bear viewing/eco-tourism industry in Alaska. This photograph (left) was published in the Anchorage Daily News amidst great controversy over the hunting of habituated bears around Katmai National Park and the McNeil River Sanctuary. Several weeks before the controversial Katmai Preserve hunt, Palin posed deliberately next to a dead bear to a make a point – that she will do everything in her power to make sure bears and other wildlife are mercilessly shot for pleasure in Alaska. Palin supports the aerial hunting of wolves and bears, and even spent $400,000 of state money to fund a media campaign to try and convince Alaskans to support aerial shooting (even though Alaskans have voted against it, twice!). In the past two years, bears habituated to bear viewing have reportedly been shot at bear viewing sites around the state – as a statement to bear advocates that Alaska is about shooting animals, not understanding them.

Robfal
29 Aug 2008, 11:03am

As long as she doesn't shoot anyone in the face while on a hunting trip...
She'll probably do alright.

Oh and..

Married: To Todd Palin; five children. The oldest, Track, serves in the U.S. Army; the youngest, Trig, has Down syndrome.

LMAO at their names...

Zero001
29 Aug 2008, 11:25am

Way to take the first out of context website you found on Google. Pick something on there and I'm prepared to discuss it. Tossing a site/article/topic without your own relevant input shows your lack of education and is unworthy of refuting. Just like tehsnipes, stop spewing crappy media, just because it's on the internet instead of TV doesn't make it different. I don't like it when it's done to any candidate Republican or Democrat.

Let the woman speak first before you put her on the same boat as Hillary. I'm still surprised this happen. I knew she was an option, but I never thought McCain had the guts to go through with it. This is aiming directly at the conservative vote.

LegalSmash
29 Aug 2008, 12:01pm
It's an interesting choice.. I look forward to watching how this election plays out.

Way to take the first out of context website you found on Google. Pick something on there and I'm prepared to discuss it. Tossing a site/article/topic without your own relevant input shows your lack of education and is unworthy of refuting. Just like tehsnipes, stop spewing crappy media, just because it's on the internet instead of TV doesn't make it different. I don't like it when it's done to any candidate Republican or Democrat.

Let the woman speak first before you put her on the same boat as Hillary. I'm still surprised this happen. I knew she was an option, but I never thought McCain had the guts to go through with it. This is aiming directly at the conservative vote.

I tend to agree here. As for topics of discussion, why don't we start with how the GOP can avoid the inevitable comparison with the Hil-dog, or perhaps, damage control it. I for one do not see them alike at all. Hilary is a pissed off, pissed on, salty sea-dyke with a checkered past. Hilary is not a soccer mom, she's tied herself up in innuendo and misstated blurbs to the media.

This lady, as far as I know, is good ol' fashioned middle america's sweetheart. She's cute, has some brains on her, and to a degree, balls (in the chick sense). She comes from a state that is literally impacted by oil drilling, and has the core conservative values that true GOP members feel are being compromised in choosing McCain. I think she's a great pick.

LitKey
29 Aug 2008, 12:06pm
I didn't expect her, but she's a really good choice.

GrayFox
29 Aug 2008, 12:09pm

Uh ok, I didn't say anything against her. I said she likes to hunt and is up for shooting the bear population. Don't put me in the same catagory as tehsnipes.

And I'll put whoever I want on the same boat as Hillary. If she pulls out the "My kid has down syndrome" card, then shes no better. Sure it hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't I mean I can't believe that it might happen/

Zero001
29 Aug 2008, 12:16pm
I apologize, I kinda skipped the quote you posted and just went through the attack site. There was some relevance in your hunting comment with the quote.

Zero001
29 Aug 2008, 12:44pm
I tend to agree here. As for topics of discussion, why don't we start with how the GOP can avoid the inevitable comparison with the Hil-dog, or perhaps, damage control it. I for one do not see them alike at all. Hilary is a pissed off, pissed on, salty sea-dyke with a checkered past. Hilary is not a soccer mom, she's tied herself up in innuendo and misstated blurbs to the media.

This lady, as far as I know, is good ol' fashioned middle america's sweetheart. She's cute, has some brains on her, and to a degree, balls (in the chick sense). She comes from a state that is literally impacted by oil drilling, and has the core conservative values that true GOP members feel are being compromised in choosing McCain. I think she's a great pick.

Other than being a women, I don't see how they are alike either. Sarah Palin is Democratic Kryptonite. I just don't see this move picking up any Hillary supporters. If it does, great for McCain.

The biggest problem for McCain wasn't the Democrats, it was the lack of support and morale from the Republicans. McCain is considered moderate, and many Republicans never cared for him and considered him a RINO who should switch parties. Palin pulls in that conservative base, and brings excitement amongst the party.

GrayFox
29 Aug 2008, 01:23pm
http://www.vpilf.com/

That was quick

Veggie
29 Aug 2008, 03:08pm
I like what Glenn Beck said about her, he had said nothing but good things. I also think she is a good pick. We'll have to see how this plays out.

XeNo
29 Aug 2008, 06:57pm
I still wonder about the change Obama promises, it's like an exciting pandora's box I wanna open.

tehsnipes
29 Aug 2008, 07:25pm

She was mayor of a town with a population of 8000 and Governor of a population of 670000. Thats how many people are in one city in Illinois. I'd have to go with Obama on this one. I think McCain dropped the ball on this pick. He undermined his own argument on the importance of "experience". This 70+ year old Senator who had multiple bouts of melanoma is going to leave the country to her if he dies?? Not very responsible. That's my 2 cents. No, I wouldn't tap her 44 year old ass, strange tastes Legalsmash lol.

Don't put me in the same catagory as tehsnipes.

What category would that be? The "I like expressing my views due to the freedom of speech guaranteed by the Bill of Rights" category? I'm not even flaming anyone. Its legal that's blatantly flaming. He insults the intelligence and being of anyone on the forum that isn't a neocon. It would please me greatly if you could jump in some 100 M monoprotic Hydrochloric acid. kthxbai

LegalSmash
29 Aug 2008, 08:18pm
She was mayor of a town with a population of 8000 and Governor of a population of 670000. Thats how many people are in one city in Illinois. I'd have to go with Obama on this one. I think McCain dropped the ball on this pick. He undermined his own argument on the importance of "experience". This 70+ year old Senator who had multiple bouts of melanoma is going to leave the country to her if he dies?? Not very responsible. That's my 2 cents. No, I wouldn't tap her 44 year old ass, strange tastes Legalsmash lol.

What category would that be? The "I like expressing my views due to the freedom of speech guaranteed by the Bill of Rights" category? I'm not even flaming anyone. Its legal that's blatantly flaming. He insults the intelligence and being of anyone on the forum that isn't a neocon. It would please me greatly if you could jump in some 100 M monoprotic Hydrochloric acid. kthxbai

Die in a Fire.

Zero001
29 Aug 2008, 11:05pm
She was mayor of a town with a population of 8000 and Governor of a population of 670000. Thats how many people are in one city in Illinois. I'd have to go with Obama on this one. I think McCain dropped the ball on this pick. He undermined his own argument on the importance of "experience". This 70+ year old Senator who had multiple bouts of melanoma is going to leave the country to her if he dies?? Not very responsible. That's my 2 cents. No, I wouldn't tap her 44 year old ass, strange tastes Legalsmash lol. It's as if you think McCain is already dead. The democrats are going to have a lot of problems if they begin attacking her inexperience. Every time they do it underscores Obama's lack of experience. No one can argue Palin has little to no foreign policy experience, but she has loads of domestic policy experience. Doesn't matter what size population she dealt with, the fact remains that she has authored and passed several major pieces of legislation that affect her state along with the country, whereas Obama didn't take any special interest on his own. A big difference between them is that Palin is running as Vice President and can train on the job, whereas Obama is running as President which can't or shouldn't.

I couldn't be happier with the pick. You should be too. In my eyes this VP selection has cleared the table and open the door to some good debate. I don't think McCain has dropped the ball. He made a very gutsy move by going directly after Republicans instead of trying to grab some Democrats. I applaud him for that.

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 09:35am
It's as if you think McCain is already dead. The democrats are going to have a lot of problems if they begin attacking her inexperience. Every time they do it underscores Obama's lack of experience. No one can argue Palin has little to no foreign policy experience, but she has loads of domestic policy experience. Doesn't matter what size population she dealt with, the fact remains that she has authored and passed several major pieces of legislation that affect her state along with the country, whereas Obama didn't take any special interest on his own. A big difference between them is that Palin is running as Vice President and can train on the job, whereas Obama is running as President which can't or shouldn't.

I couldn't be happier with the pick. You should be too. In my eyes this VP selection has cleared the table and open the door to some good debate. I don't think McCain has dropped the ball. He made a very gutsy move by going directly after Republicans instead of trying to grab some Democrats. I applaud him for that.

What domestic policy experience and what major legislation are you referring to? Her jurisdiction was over 12 people and some caribou.

Before she was running against him, Sarah Palin—the governor of Alaska and now the Republican candidate for Vice-President of the United States—thought it was pretty neat that Barack Obama was edging ahead of John McCain in her usually solidly red state. After all, she said, Obama’s campaign was using the same sort of language that she had in her gubernatorial race. All this talk about her being a MILF has me concerned that she would be associating with a known terrorist group such as the Moro Islamic Liberation Front:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_Islamic_Liberation_Front. LOL

http://bartblog.bartcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mccain-bashes-bush.jpg

GrayFox
30 Aug 2008, 10:40am
http://bartblog.bartcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mccain-bashes-bush.jpg

I like it when people say that the President & Co. are such evil assholes because people die when they go on vacation or do something personal. Guess what, people die every 20~seconds. Its not like he can just suck up all the water from Louisianas fail levees and shove it back into the ocean. Everyone gets a break sometimes, even the president. I say :partydance:

Omar
30 Aug 2008, 12:47pm
If McCain wins, She will make sweet love to him, orrr hardcore sex.

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 05:38pm
If McCain wins, She will make sweet love to him, orrr hardcore sex.

unlikely, how can you have hardcore sex if the man is unable to get an erection?

Omar
30 Aug 2008, 05:41pm
unlikely, how can you have hardcore sex if the man is unable to get an erection?

he will use that thing the lesbians use, like a belt with a dick on its end. And protend its his own.

LegalSmash
30 Aug 2008, 05:44pm
Originally Posted by tehsnipes View Post
he will use that thing the lesbians use, like a belt with a dick on its end. And protend its his own.

Hey guys, I thought devout, offendable muslims like yourselves are not supposed to engage in gay sex and lemon parties.

RE: Katrina: the only thing bush did wrong was not ask the US attorney office to bring charges against nagin for not forcing evacuation on everyone, when he clearly knew what was coming.

Omar
30 Aug 2008, 05:52pm
Hey guys, I thought devout, offendable muslims like yourselves are not supposed to engage in gay sex and lemon parties.

RE: Katrina: the only thing bush did wrong was not ask the US attorney office to bring charges against nagin for not forcing evacuation on everyone, when he clearly knew what was coming.

My female friend (who is homosexual) told me you can buy that kind of a belt. And isnt it a bit private. I mean i dont ask you if you watch porn or wank, or what ever. I meanthere is limits of what you can ask about or think out loud.
I dont go to you and tell you your a sinner or what ever couse i dont know you.
Ps what is lemon parties.

Zero001
30 Aug 2008, 06:03pm
What domestic policy experience and what major legislation are you referring to? Her jurisdiction was over 12 people and some caribou.
Affects her state:
Let's see... the first thing she did as Governor of Alaska was to veto legislation that would have barred the state from granting benefits to same sex partners of state employees. She then signed into law same sex benefits.

Affects her state and the country:
She revoked the leases of oil companies that drilled wells and capped them, waiting for the prices to go up rather than developing them as was stipulated in the lease.

I can go on, but I rather show you why it's dangerous for Democrats to attack her experience. For every piece of legislation Obama has authored and passed I will post one for Palin. Obama basically went into state senate voted present a couple of times and then started running for President. This is one game you can't win. Besides, who is the one running for President? Who is supposed to have more experience? You're trying to hype Obama by trying to stack him up against a VP candidate :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Before she was running against him, Sarah Palin—the governor of Alaska and now the Republican candidate for Vice-President of the United States—thought it was pretty neat that Barack Obama was edging ahead of John McCain in her usually solidly red state. After all, she said, Obama’s campaign was using the same sort of language that she had in her gubernatorial race. Wow! She thought it was pretty neat :thumbup1:

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 07:18pm
Affects her state:
Let's see... the first thing she did as Governor of Alaska was to veto legislation that would have barred the state from granting benefits to same sex partners of state employees. She then signed into law same sex benefits.

Affects her state and the country:
She revoked the leases of oil companies that drilled wells and capped them, waiting for the prices to go up rather than developing them as was stipulated in the lease.

I can go on, but I rather show you why it's dangerous for Democrats to attack her experience. For every piece of legislation Obama has authored and passed I will post one for Palin. Obama basically went into state senate voted present a couple of times and then started running for President. This is one game you can't win. Besides, who is the one running for President? Who is supposed to have more experience? You're trying to hype Obama by trying to stack him up against a VP candidate :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Wow! She thought it was pretty neat :thumbup1:

Think what you want. I'm not trying to hype Obama. I just think that McCain dropped the ball choosing her because it undermines the biggest argument he had against Obama, the experience argument. Her jurisdiction as governor was over 700,000 people, caribou, and igloos.

Zero001
30 Aug 2008, 08:05pm
Think what you want. I'm not trying to hype Obama. I just think that McCain dropped the ball choosing her because it undermines the biggest argument he had against Obama, the experience argument. Her jurisdiction as governor was over 700,000 people, caribou, and igloos.
You don't get it do you? He is going after the Republicans. McCain is not going after the swing vote. He doesn't have to argue about experience. A year and six months ago the democrats had this election on lock and now they're in a race.

tehsnipes
30 Aug 2008, 09:37pm
You don't get it do you? He is going after the Republicans. McCain is not going after the swing vote. He doesn't have to argue about experience. A year and six months ago the democrats had this election on lock and now they're in a race.

That's only partially true. What do you mean he doesn't have to argue about experience?? What other argument does he have against Obama. Is he just gonna sit there during debates? It’s clear that McCain picked Palin for reasons of image, not substance. She’s a woman. She has fought corruption. She has fought the oil companies. She’s married to a union member. These are portrayals for campaign speeches; they are not policy positions.

GrayFox
30 Aug 2008, 10:03pm
After seeing her speak, I can't tell if I like her. She speaks as if shes a normal person, which I can't decide if thats a good thing or not. Sure it seems like shes on the same level as us, but then she loses out on the authority figure.

PotshotPolka
30 Aug 2008, 10:16pm

That's only partially true. What do you mean he doesn't have to argue about experience?? What other argument does he have against Obama. Is he just gonna sit there during debates? It’s clear that McCain picked Palin for reasons of image, not substance. She’s a woman. She has fought corruption. She has fought the oil companies. She’s married to a union member. These are portrayals for campaign speeches; they are not policy positions.

Christ, is this why 4chan kicked you out?
Politics is a war of images, he picked her for image and that's a bad thing? McCain picked her for the exact same reasons Obama picked Biden, to fill in the picture.

LegalSmash
30 Aug 2008, 10:17pm

Hes saying that she doesnt have to match him, he can argue HIS experience v. obama, not Vice President Palin's v. Obama. Hers versus Obamas is nearly irrelevant.

Oh, BTW, die in a fire.

Zero001
30 Aug 2008, 10:37pm

You have got to be kidding. You poor thing.
This is why people give Obama the celebrity label. People like you are clueless as to what is going on and just vote for him just because. If McCain doesn't have an argument than what does Obama have to argue about? Even elementary school children have an idea of the arguments between the two sides.

What do they have to debate about? Gee I don't know...
ANWR/Drilling for oil
Health Care and Social Security
Energy
War

Oh! and thanks for portraying the pretty picture of Palin. Too bad for you, there is substance. Where do you think the portrayal comes from?

Slavic
1 Sep 2008, 12:53am
I'm confused; she calls herself pro-life yet supports any kind of capitol punishment legislation....

Also she doesn't support the re-legalization of cannabis in Alaska : (

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Sep 2008, 01:16am
lol John Stewart stated it best when he said Governor Palin lloked like the...

"Mild-Mannered, yet troubled Librarian from every Cinemax movie"

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Sep 2008, 01:23am
I'm confused; she calls herself pro-life yet supports any kind of capitol punishment legislation....

Everyone is Pro-life And Pro-choice, those terms are just used to try and make their reasoning routed in the unalienable rights of life and liberty, giving them a stronger argument.

Pro-life has just over time come to refer specifically to abortion, in the same way that you would never hear anyone say they are pro-choice, when refering to something like the right to vote.

It is really whether you are for or against abortion.

And in Alaska your marijuana would probably freeze and you couldn't smoke it. The government is just trying to prevent people from getting ripped off from buying a plant that is frozen that they cant smoke, they really dont care whether or not you smoke, just that you dont get ripped off.

LegalSmash
1 Sep 2008, 01:51am

Capital punishment is a necessary and proper means of preventing future crime. The difference between an abortion and a convict being executed by the state is that the convict arguably had a chance at life, as opposed to an unborn child, who has yet had no chance to fuck up. Regarding Marijuana, the state itself cannot make legal or illegal what the federal government has chosen to preempt in a particular field. This means that while the state can SAY they wont charge you for possession, but it must be a small enough amount to stay completely within the purview of state law and even then, the fed is still perfectly capable of charging you if the crime is listed as something that can be brought federally as well as by state. This being the case, the whole "decriminalizing" of anything under the federal controlled substances act and plethora of other federal drug laws by a state can be construed as essentially pointless as the federal government can and will likely press charges.

Zero001
1 Sep 2008, 11:55am

If I'm Pro-Life does it mean I'm anti-abortion? Does it mean I'm anti-death penalty? It's just a label. How it's defined is up to the individual. In her case, can you tell how she defines it?

SpikedRocker
1 Sep 2008, 12:18pm
And the dirt on Palin comes flying out. It was kinda expected to happen since she is not very well known.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/palin.daughter/index.html

Her 17-year-old daughter Bristol is pregnant. A McCain aide said he was aware of the pregnancy before his decision was made and felt it wouldn't hinder their campaign. The aide went on to say she is keeping the baby and is going to marry the father.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/palins-husband-has-dwi-arrest/

And, her husband, Todd, was arrested for DWI back in 1984.

Zero001
1 Sep 2008, 12:42pm
And the dirt on Palin comes flying out. It was kinda expected to happen since she is not very well known.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/palin.daughter/index.html

Her 17-year-old daughter Bristol is pregnant. A McCain aide said he was aware of the pregnancy before his decision was made and felt it wouldn't hinder their campaign. The aide went on to say she is keeping the baby and is going to marry the father.

So they're not perfect. What a surprise.

I wouldn't care if it was Obama's wife with the DWI and his daughter with the baby. These are personal issues.

GrayFox
1 Sep 2008, 05:21pm

If anyone ever brought up this as a valid argument it would ruin their chances greatly. Back in 1984 he'd probably be in his 20-30's? But the daughter being pregnant just ruins it for me. I mean come on, I had such high hopes :001_wub:

tehsnipes
1 Sep 2008, 05:44pm
So they're not perfect. What a surprise.

I wouldn't care if it was Obama's wife with the DWI and his daughter with the baby. These are personal issues.

But thats the problem. It doesn't matter to you or me about Palin's personal issues. When it comes to Obama, Legal would jump all over it. What bother's me is that not enough people choose/ decide by the most important factor, policy. Eg:Odumbo? Wtf?! Leave the bullshit outta the arguments.

I don't think her daughter's pregnancy will affect the race much. If Obama had a 17 year old daughter that was pregnant, it would've been totally different.

GrayFox
1 Sep 2008, 05:49pm
But thats the problem. It doesn't matter to you or me about Palin's personal issues. When it comes to Obama, Legal would jump all over it. What bother's me is that not enough people choose/ decide by the most important factor, policy. Eg:Odumbo? Wtf?! Leave the bullshit outta the arguments.

I don't think her daughter's pregnancy will affect the race much. If Obama had a 17 year old daughter that was pregnant, it would've been totally different.

Palin isn't running for president, Obama is. Palin'salsofuckinghot.
If Obama did have a 17 year old pregnant girl, I'm willing to bet people will throw out a race card that says its because shes black shes pregnant. Which will most likley come from worn-out Hillary supports.

Repeat
1 Sep 2008, 05:55pm

And if you weren't such a moron then threads would be a whole lot different.

THOUGH -- I do agree with you on one thing *hell freezes over/paladin smiles* -- policy is pretty much the only thing that should matter. I don't care that her 17 year old daughter is preggers... That's her daughters prerogative.

+ Rep for first person to get this quote

just a couple of kids who like to fuck trying to make it honest. I get it.

Zero001
1 Sep 2008, 06:35pm
And if you weren't such a moron then threads would be a whole lot different.

THOUGH -- I do agree with you on one thing *hell freezes over/paladin smiles* -- policy is pretty much the only thing that should matter. I don't care that her 17 year old daughter is preggers... That's her daughters prerogative.

+ Rep for first person to get this quote

just a couple of kids who like to fuck trying to make it honest. I get it.

Wedding Crashers.... gimme rep :biggrin:

tehsnipes, stop trying to play the victim. You've been spewing dumb comments, names and pictures ever since you joined the forums.

On a side note, congratulations to the family. I wish the Bristol the best. I hope she has a beautiful healthy baby.

tehsnipes
1 Sep 2008, 07:05pm
ss

tehsnipes
1 Sep 2008, 07:08pm
Only when the swift-boaters made it clear that they won't lay off.

PS. Get rid of my above post, worthless keyboard ftw

Italian Jew
1 Sep 2008, 07:09pm
I just lol'd at the whole situation. It is a bit ironic, and I am sure she wasn't as thrilled or happy as she sounded when she told people she was supportive, but c'mon...who cares?

Zargotelc
1 Sep 2008, 08:17pm
http://i33.tinypic.com/15nap3d.jpg

PotshotPolka
1 Sep 2008, 08:26pm
Only when the swift-boaters made it clear that they won't lay off.

PS. Get rid of my above post, worthless keyboard ftw

Wait? You mean this?
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/Gabo12286/1205253191983.jpg

And if I may:

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/daily/graphics/mccainad_454.gif

Let the flaming begin! :D

You started this big boy, and I plan to bury your poorly informed ass in it.

Slavic
1 Sep 2008, 09:10pm
http://i33.tinypic.com/15nap3d.jpg

ahahah funny shit right there

Bill Smauz
1 Sep 2008, 09:13pm
Obama sucks...

Italian Jew
1 Sep 2008, 09:38pm
Obama sucks...

NO U!

LegalSmash
1 Sep 2008, 11:38pm
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/fd/RealAnswer.JPG

SpikedRocker
2 Sep 2008, 03:30am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/obama.palin/index.html

I like what Obama said yesterday when reporters asked him about Palin's daughter. "Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

+rep for Obama

Repeat
2 Sep 2008, 04:50am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/obama.palin/index.html

I like what Obama said yesterday when reporters asked him about Palin's daughter. "Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

+rep for Obama

Though I have much distaste for the man, he did get a point in my book for that one.

I can't help but wonder if he's just building up brownie points in case someone goes after Michelle Obama's crazy craziness...

But good for him doing that. It's good to see that all is not lost in politics.

LegalSmash
2 Sep 2008, 06:19am
Though I have much distaste for the man, he did get a point in my book for that one.

I can't help but wonder if he's just building up brownie points in case someone goes after Michelle Obama's crazy craziness...

Agreed here. I really wish we could go back to a time when we discussed the issues and did not just mudsling on either side. That of course, would require a learned body politic, which does not exist in this day and age.

Repeat
2 Sep 2008, 06:37am

PS: He now has 1 point in my book. There are no negative points. 0 is the lowest you can go.

tehsnipes
2 Sep 2008, 06:39pm
Agreed here. I really wish we could go back to a time when we discussed the issues and did not just mudsling on either side. That of course, would require a learned body politic, which does not exist in this day and age.

Rofl. Talk about mudslinging. No more words necessary.

tehsnipes
2 Sep 2008, 06:46pm
Wait? You mean this?
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/Gabo12286/1205253191983.jpg

And if I may:

You started this big boy, and I plan to bury your poorly informed ass in it.

You're so Original :scared: *Gasp*.

That poster is kinda funny, it is ironic how Plain didn't support "explicit" sex-ed and just said abstinence is the way yet her own daughter got pregnant. That's not as important as the supposed unlawful firing of her brother-in-law. Anyone know anything about that?

I'm glad Obama has principle and doesn't attack families. Wish I could say the same for the neo-cons attacking Michelle Obama. Completely twisting words outta context. If there are no negative points then I'll just have to give the Republicans a big fat zero for now.

PotshotPolka
2 Sep 2008, 06:51pm
You're so Original :scared: *Gasp*.

That poster is kinda funny, it is ironic how Plain didn't support "explicit" sex-ed and just said abstinence is the way yet her own daughter got pregnant. That's not as important as the supposed unlawful firing of her brother-in-law. Anyone know anything about that?

I'm glad Obama has principle and doesn't attack families. Wish I could say the same for the neo-cons attacking Michelle Obama. Completely twisting words outta context. If there are no negative points then I'll just have to give the Republicans a big fat zero for now.

For you my friend I think I could allow a belated abortion to save the mother grief, due to the fact you are bastardized son with no values, or ability to hold an argument, without rampaging onto another target.

LegalSmash
2 Sep 2008, 06:53pm
Rofl. Talk about mudslinging. No more words necessary.

Did you have a point here? I guess not. Die in a fire. Also, btw, no one here is saying abstinence only works, shit, birth control doesnt always happen to work, I mean, look, you're here!

Repeat
2 Sep 2008, 07:00pm
Did you have a point here? I guess not. Die in a fire. Also, btw, no one here is saying abstinence only works, shit, birth control doesnt always happen to work, I mean, look, you're here!

QTF.

And not a proverbial fire. A real fire!

LitKey
2 Sep 2008, 07:02pm
Also, btw, no one here is saying abstinence only works, shit, birth control doesnt always happen to work, I mean, look, you're here!

LOL. :thumbup1:

Target
2 Sep 2008, 08:05pm
yea I deff dont agree that he picked her I didn't expect that at all

tehsnipes
2 Sep 2008, 08:10pm

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/3e/House_shocked.jpg

Italian Jew
2 Sep 2008, 08:35pm
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k90/crunchgear/October%202006/Yoda-Flame-war-begun.jpg

GrayFox
2 Sep 2008, 08:35pm
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/3e/House_shocked.jpg

I'm pretty sure that you've just stooped to your lowest level, by not even giving a valid argument. God I hope I don't have a dumbass kid like you, otherwise I'm abusing my rights as an American to have you aborted.

Italian Jew
2 Sep 2008, 08:44pm
I'm pretty sure that you've just stooped to your lowest level, by not even giving a valid argument. God I hope I don't have a dumbass kid like you, otherwise I'm abusing my rights as an American to have you aborted.

You know other people have done that besides him...but finding someone to point the finger at is cool I guess. Can I joinz your gaizes uber leet club???

GrayFox
2 Sep 2008, 08:47pm
You know other people have done that besides him...but finding someone to point the finger at is cool I guess. Can I joinz your gaizes uber leet club???

Yes please. I know others have done it, but for him to just reply because he can't make any valid point just really pisses me off for some reason. :birthday2:

tehsnipes
2 Sep 2008, 09:11pm
Yes please. I know others have done it, but for him to just reply because he can't make any valid point just really pisses me off for some reason. :birthday2:

I can't make a valid point?!!! I have made valid points several times through my various posts. I haven't gotten any acknowledgment for those. You are wrong, I haven't stooped an all time low, I just have merely stooped to your guys' level. I'm sorry that you are so blind as to not have read any of my points. :glare::confused1:

LegalSmash
2 Sep 2008, 09:31pm
I do not really see how her daughter's pregnancy bears relevance on her ability to provide a running mate for McCain and give the religious and progun sections of the GOP something to be happy about with this otherwise rather RINO candidate.

__________________________________________________ ______________

I can't make a valid point?!!! I have made valid points several times through my various posts. I haven't gotten any acknowledgment for those. You are wrong, I haven't stooped an all time low, I just have merely stooped to your guys' level. I'm sorry that you are so blind as to not have read any of my points. :glare::confused1:

No, you are at your near lowest point. You started off as a banned imbecile by coming in and alleging personal offense to your allegedly muslim values regarding a BD's politically relevant, truthful, and non-racially motivated avatar, whe you were booed and laughed off the stage, you started making irrelevant points about your younger sister being hassled by TSA at the air port and other canned "Meh, they'z pick'in own meh cuz I'z aye-raahb" arguments (which makes you look like a total ass in front of genuine, hardworking, peaceful muslim american Citizens that deal with the bullshit they have to due to the state of world affairs, yet still find the time and grace to stick up for their faith rather than just bitch. You were then booed off the stage once again. Since then you have come back in, made snide commends, attempted to start flame wars, and then ran away each time you were chided, ignored, or otherwise reamed in the ass with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire by nearly EVERYONE in the forum, except that Troll you brought along with you one day. This is your modus operandi, regurgitating old, tired, used up pundit blurbs and website material and shoring it up with "cuz its right and FUCK BUSHMCAINILLUMINATI!!!!!one!111eleventy111!!!", and then getting pissy and leaving when you are disproved or deemed irrelevant faster than misanthrope would be with his oh so precious "there is no G0DD!!!. luuk what da kkkristians dooo" threads

Each time, you've been progressively lower... like a retarded kid that goes from drooling to eating his own excrement in art class during coloring time because he wants attention. For God's sake, there have been open requests for you to be banned from the forum. Don't you see it? Noone likes you, even remotely... for God's sake Cho Seung has more admirers and fans on this site than you... just go Die in a Fire and GTFO already... you add NOTHING of relevance, to the proceedings, ever.

Look, just do this, okay?

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/a4/Selfpwnagesmall.gif

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/36/Jailsuicide.gif

But, set yourself on Fire first.

tehsnipes
3 Sep 2008, 12:00am
I do not really see how her daughter's pregnancy bears relevance on her ability to provide a running mate for McCain and give the religious and progun sections of the GOP something to be happy about with this otherwise rather RINO candidate.

No, you are at your near lowest point. You started off as a banned imbecile by coming in and alleging personal offense to your allegedly muslim values regarding a BD's politically relevant, truthful, and non-racially motivated avatar, whe you were booed and laughed off the stage, you started making irrelevant points about your younger sister being hassled by TSA at the air port and other canned "Meh, they'z pick'in own meh cuz I'z aye-raahb" arguments (which makes you look like a total ass in front of genuine, hardworking, peaceful muslim american Citizens that deal with the bullshit they have to due to the state of world affairs, yet still find the time and grace to stick up for their faith rather than just bitch. You were then booed off the stage once again. Since then you have come back in, made snide commends, attempted to start flame wars, and then ran away each time you were chided, ignored, or otherwise reamed in the ass with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire by nearly EVERYONE in the forum, except that Troll you brought along with you one day. This is your modus operandi, regurgitating old, tired, used up pundit blurbs and website material and shoring it up with "cuz its right and FUCK BUSHMCAINILLUMINATI!!!!!one!111eleventy111!!!", and then getting pissy and leaving when you are disproved or deemed irrelevant faster than misanthrope would be with his oh so precious "there is no G0DD!!!. luuk what da kkkristians dooo" threads

Each time, you've been progressively lower... like a retarded kid that goes from drooling to eating his own excrement in art class during coloring time because he wants attention. For God's sake, there have been open requests for you to be banned from the forum. Don't you see it? Noone likes you, even remotely... for God's sake Cho Seung has more admirers and fans on this site than you... just go Die in a Fire and GTFO already... you add NOTHING of relevance, to the proceedings, ever.

Lol easy there fella.

------Legal:Unwarranted Self Importance--------

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/02/Im_kind_of_a_big_deal.jpg

GAH

tehsnipes
3 Sep 2008, 12:00am

Lol easy there fella.

------------------Legal:Unwarranted Self Importance--------------------

GAH

Repeat
3 Sep 2008, 04:49am

What the fuck? We always rebuke your "points" (if that's what you want to call them -- I prefer the term "stupidity"). None of them hold water, and most of them are too fucking stupid to even waste time on.

Here's my addition to the flame war:

You're smelly.

Daze
3 Sep 2008, 04:58am
shes liek ma perfect WOOMAN

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00570/SNF0312C_gun_380_570587a.jpg

Omar
3 Sep 2008, 05:34am
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k90/crunchgear/October%202006/Yoda-Flame-war-begun.jpg

i like you. COUSE THAT MADE ME LOL!!

LegalSmash
3 Sep 2008, 07:44am
Lol easy there fella.

------------------Legal:Unwarranted Self Importance--------------------

GAH
Wow... snipes, you completely missed the point of the post... there is nothing about me, or my importance, its all about you and how much you utterly fail.
Look, he can find 4/chan, /b/, and ED, Let me know when you can make your own statements as opposed to just ripping off anon.

Also, die in a fire.

Red
3 Sep 2008, 09:05am
shes liek ma perfect WOOMAN

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00570/SNF0312C_gun_380_570587a.jpg

Fuck yah

LegalSmash
3 Sep 2008, 09:07am
I like her van-halen video chick charm.

tehsnipes
3 Sep 2008, 05:46pm
"I don't know what all the fuss is about regarding McCain's and Palin's credentials. They are first rate.
McCain being the son of an Admiral and the Grandson of an Admiral went to the Naval Academy. Due to the fact that his father and grandfather were both active Admirals I'm sure he was under extreme pressure to do well and that's the reason he finished 894th out of a class of 899.
He only wrecked 4 airplanes while in Navy Flight School. Isn't that about average?
And Palin. C'mon people, she's definitely ready to be president. I don't know how she managed it but she was able to get into the University of Idaho Journalism School. It's a known fact you can't get into the Univ of Idaho unless your dad is a Congressman or donates enough money to build a new dormitory.
I can tell you one thing for sure it's a heck of a lot harder for a White Girl with Connections to get into the University of Idaho than it would be for some Poor Black Kid to get into Columbia and Harvard Law School. That's a no brainer....
And then she was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. How could that not prepare you to be Vice President and one heart beat away from President? Why Wasilla is bigger than most high schools in this country! So what if she ran a budget deficit every year she was mayor. Its the American way.......heck, between 1980 and 2008 there have only been 5 years that this country has had a budget surplus....1996 thru 2001. So, no big deal there.
But if you want experience lets talk about her heading the Alaska Oil Conservation Commission. There she headed up the entire department of 22 people. WOW!!!!! I wasn't sure how she managed such a powerful and stressful position so I went to their website and found the 22 people listed and 10 of them had the title of administrative assistant. See, she knows how to spread around authority. That's very presidential.
And can you believe those crazy democrats? Trotting out Obama's Law Degrees from Columbia and Harvard. And bragging how he was the President of the Harvard Law Review, his 10 years teaching constitutional law at the Univ of Chicago Law School, his 8 years in the Illinois State Senate and his 4 years and a United States Senator. Bah! Just because this nation was built on a constitution of laws doesn't mean squat.
And Biden. C'mon! His resume is a joke. A degree in Political Science from the University of Delaware, a Doctorate of Law from Syracuse University, 36 years as a United States Senator of which 12 years were as Chairman of the United States House Judiciary Committee. He then took over as Chairman of the United States Foreign Affairs Committee for the past 11 years.
Isn't it obvious that OBAMA AND BIDEN no credentials to be president or vice-president. You'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise........
I mean the only thing worse would be if they had a pregnant un-wed underage teenage little girl or a spouse that belonged to a party that wants Alaska to succeed from the United States. If that were the case you would have to be a complete idiot to vote for them."

Zero001
3 Sep 2008, 05:53pm
At least you admitted those weren't your words by wrapping it in quotes. I don't have any arguments against Obama. I have arguments against or for policies. Besides, why would I argue about Obama in a thread that is supposed to be about Sarah Palin?

Repeat
3 Sep 2008, 05:54pm
http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/uploaded_images/TravelingRoundRockDSCF4041-719173.jpg

This rock's IQ > Yours

tehsnipes
3 Sep 2008, 06:32pm
At least you admitted those weren't your words by wrapping it in quotes. I don't have any arguments against Obama. I have arguments against or for policies. Besides, why would I argue about Obama in a thread that is supposed to be about Sarah Palin?

Yes Zero and that's what I respect about you. We'll debate about some policy sometime, I just never find the time to write an eloquent post with all my arguments neatly summarized and organized. So damn busy these days :(.

PotshotPolka
3 Sep 2008, 06:42pm
Yes Zero and that's what I respect about you. We'll debate about some policy sometime, I just never find the time to write an eloquent post with all my arguments neatly summarized and organized. So damn busy these days :(.

(Nearly chokes on a mouthful of water laughing)

LegalSmash
3 Sep 2008, 11:49pm
"I don't know what all the fuss is about regarding McCain's and Palin's credentials. They are first rate.
McCain being the son of an Admiral and the Grandson of an Admiral went to the Naval Academy. Due to the fact that his father and grandfather were both active Admirals I'm sure he was under extreme pressure to do well and that's the reason he finished 894th out of a class of 899.
He only wrecked 4 airplanes while in Navy Flight School. Isn't that about average?
And Palin. C'mon people, she's definitely ready to be president. I don't know how she managed it but she was able to get into the University of Idaho Journalism School. It's a known fact you can't get into the Univ of Idaho unless your dad is a Congressman or donates enough money to build a new dormitory.
I can tell you one thing for sure it's a heck of a lot harder for a White Girl with Connections to get into the University of Idaho than it would be for some Poor Black Kid to get into Columbia and Harvard Law School. That's a no brainer....
And then she was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. How could that not prepare you to be Vice President and one heart beat away from President? Why Wasilla is bigger than most high schools in this country! So what if she ran a budget deficit every year she was mayor. Its the American way.......heck, between 1980 and 2008 there have only been 5 years that this country has had a budget surplus....1996 thru 2001. So, no big deal there.
But if you want experience lets talk about her heading the Alaska Oil Conservation Commission. There she headed up the entire department of 22 people. WOW!!!!! I wasn't sure how she managed such a powerful and stressful position so I went to their website and found the 22 people listed and 10 of them had the title of administrative assistant. See, she knows how to spread around authority. That's very presidential.
And can you believe those crazy democrats? Trotting out Obama's Law Degrees from Columbia and Harvard. And bragging how he was the President of the Harvard Law Review, his 10 years teaching constitutional law at the Univ of Chicago Law School, his 8 years in the Illinois State Senate and his 4 years and a United States Senator. Bah! Just because this nation was built on a constitution of laws doesn't mean squat.
And Biden. C'mon! His resume is a joke. A degree in Political Science from the University of Delaware, a Doctorate of Law from Syracuse University, 36 years as a United States Senator of which 12 years were as Chairman of the United States House Judiciary Committee. He then took over as Chairman of the United States Foreign Affairs Committee for the past 11 years.
Isn't it obvious that OBAMA AND BIDEN no credentials to be president or vice-president. You'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise........
I mean the only thing worse would be if they had a pregnant un-wed underage teenage little girl or a spouse that belonged to a party that wants Alaska to succeed from the United States. If that were the case you would have to be a complete idiot to vote for them."

Thank you for regurgitating something else, little bird.

"Yes Zero and that's what I respect about you. We'll debate about some policy sometime, I just never find the time to write an eloquent post with all my arguments neatly summarized and organized. So damn busy these days :(..

Yes, praying to Obama for free money from the taxpayers must keep you busy.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/12/Si_fire.jpg

Slavic
4 Sep 2008, 12:04am
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/12/Si_fire.jpg

tsk tsk, don't associate their protests with this spammer.