PDA

View Full Version : 1-18-08!!!

LowlevelRebel
19 Jul 2007, 11:50pm
1-18-08! Holy shit! Check the trailer at apple.com!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea what it's about but holy shit!

Red
19 Jul 2007, 11:57pm
wtf. Wiki doesn't tell me shit about this "cloverfield" find out more info fast.

Riggs
20 Jul 2007, 12:06am
The island thing from "Lost" came to the US. :rolleyes:

JustLok
20 Jul 2007, 12:14am
Funny how this topic pops up after what happened here in NYC yesterday too. LOL!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/19/manhattan.explosion.ap/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

But I hate how they advertise a movie that isn't slated to be released for over half a year from now.

EDIT: I noticed something peculiar about that trailer. So I went back and re-watched it. And I figured out what it was. During the middle of the trailer, when they're up on the rooftop as they show the explosion right at City Hall/1 Centre Street and the Woolworth Building (or generally Lower Manhattan), that view can only be seen from New Jersey (westside of the Hudson River) at that angle. Yet, moments later when they run out onto the street, they're only several blocks away from the Woolworth Building! Somehow, they zoomed across the river and into Lower Manhattan in a snap. And miracualously the Woolworth Building is unharmed despite the explosion.

Doesn't look like they filmed this movie in NYC even, the last scene, the street is mock-up with the false green background for the distance. Not to mention that that scene is taking place along Broadway, yet there's a subway station just to the right of the screen for the "F" and "V" trains, which run along 6th Ave. and never cross or run along Broadway!

All in all, trailer looks good. They just somebody to double check their angles and footage before pushing it out. ;-)

broncoty
20 Jul 2007, 10:01am
that looks sick!

Matt.
24 Jul 2007, 01:49pm
Pisses me off that they won't tell us what it is and that it comes out in 6 months lol. Whatever it is it looks awesome.

Red
24 Jul 2007, 02:02pm
Their marketing team is going to get PAID.

Matt.
19 Nov 2007, 07:10am
The name was announced to be "Cloverfield". Still don't understand though...

VirDeBello
19 Nov 2007, 10:26am
I still have no clue whatcha guys are talking about

Slavic
19 Nov 2007, 11:17am
I found out the real name of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Oh8Msw4SM

Discussion over, everyone go home, nothing to see.

Omega
19 Nov 2007, 11:50am
lol

VirDeBello
19 Nov 2007, 02:20pm
wtf lol is this a really movie or something? Please explain in retardednese.....

Omega
19 Nov 2007, 03:03pm
It's not, havok. Some guy made that "trailer" by adding footage of the original Godzilla and scenes of "Cloverfield." The movie will have nothing to do with Godzilla.

Proof:

..............weird. They just had it on IMDB saying that it won't be a godzilla movie but that's been taken off the page.

:S

http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

VirDeBello
19 Nov 2007, 05:18pm
It's not, havok. Some guy made that "trailer" by adding footage of the original Godzilla and scenes of "Cloverfield." The movie will have nothing to do with Godzilla.

Proof:

..............weird. They just had it on IMDB saying that it won't be a godzilla movie but that's been taken off the page.

:S

http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

And if I am not mistaken they don't have the rights to Godzilla anyways....though it would be pretty cool if it were Godzilla
:gas: I would love to see him do the hyper beam thing that he does.

Slavic
19 Nov 2007, 07:18pm
We already had a Godzilla in New York City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5SI-JLEONo), I don't think we need a second one. I mean, what the hell were not Japanese or something.

VirDeBello
20 Nov 2007, 08:02pm
We already had a Godzilla in New York City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5SI-JLEONo), I don't think we need a second one. I mean, what the hell were not Japanese or something.

Oh thats the old one, pretty nice. I liked it, but what ever happens to that baby that survives? And this Cloverfield thing maybe really good and really bad depending on your point of view. From what I see you will probably never see the monster or whatever, because its from a 1st person view point and usually people will run away from a monster and not get a good look at it but me personally it looks different/good.

vaudville_villain
30 Nov 2007, 11:01pm
It's not about Godzilla, to reiterate what others have said...
Here is a quote from the producer JJ Abrams.

"I just want to say, I want a monster movie. I want a great monster movie. I wanted a monster movie for so long. and, I was in Japan over a year ago with my son, who's eight. and all he wanted to do was go to toy stores, so I know he's my son. and we went to all these stores and there were still all these Gozillas everywhere and whats better than Godzilla?

And I thought, we need out own monster, like we need a monster movie And I thought not like King Kong. I love King Kong. King Kong is adorable. And Godzilla is a charming monster. We love Godzilla.

But I wanted something that was just insane, and intense."

--JJ Abrams

Myself among others are hoping it’s Cthulhu*-esque film.
Report on CHUD.com states it involves a big monster, with a bunch of little minion monsters.

Here is a wiki page with a lot of info. (http://cloverfield.despoiler.org)

*In a story by an early 20th century horror writer named HP Lovecraft , it's an ancient sea-dwelling alien god that will one day wake up and destroy humanity.A phonetic pronunciation of Cthulhu, is something along the lines of [cuh-THOO-luh-WHO] with a guttural C. I doubt it though, HPL's work is a little too obscure.

Silent
1 Dec 2007, 02:11pm
It will eventually be leaked. Everything like this always get's leaked sooner then later :)

vaudville_villain
1 Dec 2007, 04:42pm
It will eventually be leaked. Everything like this always get's leaked sooner then later :)

If you click the link I provided you'll find a lot of info about the movie.
As we get closer to the release date, more information will be revealed.
We're watching & apart of a viral marketing campaign.
----------------

At 1:06 in the newest trailer there is a scene where a pair biosuited doctors/.mil restraining a woman behind a piece of plastic with back lighting... before she explodes(?) ... Looks like some sort of creature must have been gestating in her... a minion monsters perhaps?

Silent
1 Dec 2007, 04:58pm
go to www.1-18-08.com and you'll see a bunch of photographs you can move around. Wait exactly 6 minutes on that web page and you can hear the monster's roar :)

xcsstealth
2 Dec 2007, 07:35pm
Friggin SICK! Can't wait to watch this!

VirDeBello
9 Dec 2007, 07:31pm
go to www.1-18-08.com and you'll see a bunch of photographs you can move around. Wait exactly 6 minutes on that web page and you can hear the monster's roar :)

lmao 6 minutes. You have no life my friend

Silent
9 Dec 2007, 07:48pm
I searched it on the web and read a thread that told me that. So of course I waited the 6 minutes to hear it :D