PDA

View Full Version : Prisonbreak

tank40175
28 Aug 2008, 03:17pm
Is there any rule or guideline that says cells have to be opened by 4 min? If not then I think one needs to be made official, to allow prisoners time to do something. And second, Are guards allowed to shut all us up in small area, like the cage, and kill any that don't stay there for the whole 4 min left of round. Because this has been happening alot lately and gets really boring, it's just like the cells never being opened for whole round. I know the PB servers may seem like a bitch fest, but I love playing them, but alot of idiots that don't know rules or make up thier own can take the fun out of it really quick too.

SpikedRocker
28 Aug 2008, 05:25pm
There is no 4 minute rule. CT's can open when ever they are ready to. Its good form and courtesy if they open it at a minute after the round starts. And the same goes on holding the T's in a enclosed room, what i do is try to distract them by jumping around a bunch of times they look at me like WTF? and one of the other T's knifes someone and the chaos begins....don't be afraid to try diffrent tactics to distract or disrupt CT's orders. If they begin the order of corraling T's take your time getting there, they shouldn't kill you if you are just walking thats just not cool in my book.

trakaill
28 Aug 2008, 10:23pm
This guy has very good points and it should be looked into. I dont think CT should be able to do that. And I do think CTs should let Ts out by 4 minute

Robfal
29 Aug 2008, 12:52am
There is no 4 minute rule. CT's can open when ever they are ready to. Its good form and courtesy if they open it at a minute after the round starts. And the same goes on holding the T's in a enclosed room, what i do is try to distract them by jumping around a bunch of times they look at me like WTF? and one of the other T's knifes someone and the chaos begins....don't be afraid to try diffrent tactics to distract or disrupt CT's orders. If they begin the order of corraling T's take your time getting there, they shouldn't kill you if you are just walking thats just not cool in my book.

Eggsactly. I hate it when you have Ts that BLINDLY follow every damn order they are given... I mean "JUMP!!! CROUCH!!"

Nah.. HOMEY DONT PLAY THAT.

Tyrant
29 Aug 2008, 03:08pm
I do believe that 4 minutes should be a time more set in stone for releasing the prisoners, as I recall numerous occasions where people are cocked and ready to voteban the second the clock hits 3:59, as well as seeing Admins no clipping to open the cells when it gets late. Overall I feel that opening by 4 would be a generally accepted policy/rule.

As for getting pushed along a fence, or into a cage, etc, you just have to try distraction tactics to get a CT to reveal the sweet spot so you or someone can take him down, hopefully starting the chain of revolting.

Itendtokill
29 Aug 2008, 08:36pm
There should be a 4min rule.. its unfair to make them wait for ever..

XeNo
29 Aug 2008, 08:55pm
Some maps or some rounds not all the CT's are ready at the 4min mark.

Depends on the map and the situation, if a CT is busy trying to get a T to empty his pistol, it'd be unfair to open the cells cause then all the T's gang rape him for being out in the open.

Smallsasaurus
29 Aug 2008, 09:42pm
Yeah, I agree with the 4 minutes thing. Whenever I'm on I always try to open the door by 4 minutes or send an admin message asking to open the door. Much longer then that and 1/4 of the time is already gone in the round. And if you are having that much trouble with a T with a gun in a cell he's probably being difficult on purpose and as long as you gave him fair warning, just waste the dude.

Also, I know it is annoying when CTs group Ts into a small area, but if you don't do that as a CT, you really have no chance. Yes, its a little annoying when they say don't go past this line, stay in this area, but even when you do that Ts still win 60% of the time and if you don't give the Ts some strict rules, you almost have zero chance. I'm not a fan when it becomes overly restrictive though, when CTs say stay behind this wall, on the lower floor, nobody in cells or that cage or else we shoot on site. There has to be some flexibility, but if you give the Ts an inch, they'll take a yard.

It's almost like half the people on the server have never play CT though, because some of the Ts complain over every little accidental fire or itchy trigger finger, when sometimes its just a mistake. We are all human and being a CT is tough.

Jaffa
29 Aug 2008, 09:52pm
A) how exactly are you going to enforce a 4 minute rule? how are you going to punish for it?

B) cts are in charge of the prison, they can do whatever they want with the prisoners, short of killing them wrongly

If terrorist admins are noclipping to open the cells, they shouldn't be, its up to the cts to open them

darth jacen
29 Aug 2008, 11:52pm
Ik I'm gonna sound like an ass so just let's all just wait till the end of the post 2 whine k? Well I like the telling ts to go here or die (yes walking is fine just go there ) if cts do this then dont kill they lose 100% of the time, if we do this cts lose 50-60% so I mean either way its only fare to give us an equilizer 2 us having 2 warn and stuff. And the 4 min rule is alrdy used if it gets 2 3:59 some 1 will open it and ruin there cover so the only way other than that is 2 script it do auto door open at 4min and other than that it really can only b a policy of niceness 2 open b4 or at 4 mins.

barackobama
30 Aug 2008, 12:40am
We don't have to make it a rule, just ask them to open at 4.

Prison is the most popular server for admins to be on, so they can no clip @ 4 I guess, and open gates.

:mellow:

Bubbles
30 Aug 2008, 02:11am
ive been on both sides
sometimes it really is suicide to open right at 4, either because ct is super undermanned or because everybody's being a stingy bugger about taking critical guard spots (vents, doorways, gun spawns, or even the armory)

at the same time, when im on T, it does get really annoying to be sitting in cells forever and a half, but its understandable, really, the flaming for the opened doors shouldnt be SUCH an issue, because the ct's are there to have fun too, not just be yelled at/vote-banned.

Mammal
30 Aug 2008, 10:00am
Because of the abuse of voteban only noobs go ct really, unless there are lots of admins on to control the t.
As said above sometimes you just cant open at 4 without getting ganked by alot of T, but if you dont the T can voteban the entire CT team in a matter of minutes.

Bubbles
30 Aug 2008, 01:16pm
ive seen it happen

they got us down to 3 ct's then i told them fuckit if they want out they can switch and let themselves out

because that was wayyy unfair i dont care if they try to voteban me im not letting them out at that point