PDA

View Full Version : Did Obama Say Iran Is a 'Tiny' Country That 'Doesn't Pose a Serious Threat'?

tehsnipes
27 Aug 2008, 05:28pm
Today's new McCain ad crosses a new line into dishonesty, however, beyond whether or not it's actually airing anywhere. The script reads: "Iran. Radical Islamic government. Known sponsors of terrorism. Developing nuclear capabilities to 'generate power' but threatening to eliminate Israel.

"Obama says Iran is a 'tiny' country, 'doesn't pose a serious threat,'" the ad continues. "Terrorism, destroying Israel, those aren't 'serious threats'? Obama -- dangerously unprepared to be president."

This is a dishonest representation of Obama's words.

PotshotPolka
27 Aug 2008, 05:32pm
Today's new McCain ad crosses a new line into dishonesty, however, beyond whether or not it's actually airing anywhere. The script reads: "Iran. Radical Islamic government. Known sponsors of terrorism. Developing nuclear capabilities to 'generate power' but threatening to eliminate Israel.

"Obama says Iran is a 'tiny' country, 'doesn't pose a serious threat,'" the ad continues. "Terrorism, destroying Israel, those aren't 'serious threats'? Obama -- dangerously unprepared to be president."

This is a dishonest representation of Obama's words.

OMGZOR! A GOP funded attack directed at Democrats? Heresy!?
It's a dishonest world, proverbial mudslinging and PR wars are as old the Romans, deal with it.

Desum
27 Aug 2008, 05:35pm
Not taking sides(Since i hate both of these bastards), but Obama isn't exactly a more 'honest' or 'trustworthy' candidate either, i mean the guy dragged his freakin young children into the campaign. Abusing youth's pureness, in my opinion.

GrayFox
27 Aug 2008, 05:48pm
Not taking sides(Since i hate both of these bastards), but Obama isn't exactly a more 'honest' or 'trustworthy' candidate either, i mean the guy dragged his freakin young children into the campaign. Abusing youth's pureness, in my opinion.

Thats still better than Hillary crying to get votes in her feudal attempt to stay in a race (that she couldn't win).

Desum
27 Aug 2008, 05:51pm
Ehh, Pathetic is pathetic, im not here to judge which candidate is the biggest loser(Resisting urge to make a fat joke)

LegalSmash
27 Aug 2008, 06:24pm
Thats still better than Hillary crying to get votes in her feudal attempt to stay in a race (that she couldn't win).

Agreed.

Oh, snipes, Die in a Fire when you get a chance eh?

Italian Jew
27 Aug 2008, 07:09pm
Oh, snipes, Die in a Fire when you get a chance eh?

You can just put that in your sig if you are going to say it every time you post. It would save you the time/trouble of having to do it. Or you may just enjoy typing it out and envisioning him actually dying in a fire. If that's the case, then disregard. :cool:

LegalSmash
27 Aug 2008, 07:14pm
Or you may just enjoy typing it out and envisioning him actually dying in a fire. If that's the case, then disregard. :cool:

Yes I do, each time.

Zero001
28 Aug 2008, 10:13am
This thread failed from the moment he didn't post a link to the mentioned ad. I might have attributed to this topic if you were capable of forming a proper thread.

Zero001
28 Aug 2008, 10:16am
I love how either of them could believe that they could deal with Iran peacefully.

They've said for years now that if they can't have nuclear technology, America won't have their oil. That's why nobody's actually done anything about them, because they're too scared of consequence. Yeah, because America gets soo much oil from the middle east :001_rolleyes:

Zero001
28 Aug 2008, 10:57am
If Iran issued an oil embargo then it would effect prices undoubtedly.

It wouldn't have the same effect as the Saudi Arabian one, no, but it would still affect the economy.

It's not the point I was trying to make.

Omar
28 Aug 2008, 12:03pm
Funny thing is, USA is helping the shiities in Iraq while the majority of Iran is shiities and are the people who want to scare/crush USA. I mean its not LOLable but still funny.

PotshotPolka
28 Aug 2008, 02:06pm
Funny thing is, USA is helping the shiities in Iraq while the majority of Iran is shiities and are the people who want to scare/crush USA. I mean its not LOLable but still funny.

Well we could always just kill them all indiscriminately with airstrikes if that would make you lol harder and give you justification to finger the US.

LegalSmash
28 Aug 2008, 02:43pm
Well we could always just kill them all indiscriminately with airstrikes if that would make you lol harder and give you justification to finger the US.

LOL we can carpet bomb them with food and medicine packs and kill them with kindness.

tank40175
28 Aug 2008, 02:55pm
I have not heard of or seen this ad, however I did watch a speech Obama was giving during the primaries from a high school gym. (I wish I could remember where) That he did in fact say that he didn't believe that Iran was a threat. He said they was a dog that barks alot but has no bite. So if this ad does exist, it is not being dishonest. Obama's own words were in fact broadcast to many homes via TV.

Italian Jew
28 Aug 2008, 03:31pm
I have not heard of or seen this ad, however I did watch a speech Obama was giving during the primaries from a high school gym. (I wish I could remember where) That he did in fact say that he didn't believe that Iran was a threat. He said they was a dog that barks alot but has no bite. So if this ad does exist, it is not being dishonest. Obama's own words were in fact broadcast to many homes via TV.

Yeah....no

Watch the ad. It does put what he said out of context (as do just about all the ads for both parties in some way).

tank40175
29 Aug 2008, 05:48am
Yeah....no

Watch the ad. It does put what he said out of context (as do just about all the ads for both parties in some way).

Well I'm sure that is true to some extent, as this is politics after all. As I have said I have yet to see ad, only saw the speech where Obama said they were not a threat. But I'm sure there is some sort of spin, as you say there always is.

Italian Jew
29 Aug 2008, 08:44am
His speech referred to in the ad said only that Iran was not a threat as the Soviet Union was during the Cold War. Watch the ad, and then read his speech the in the ad, then you will see.

tehsnipes
29 Aug 2008, 07:27pm
His speech referred to in the ad said only that Iran was not a threat as the Soviet Union was during the Cold War. Watch the ad, and then read his speech the in the ad, then you will see.

/agree