PDA

View Full Version : Who here thinks the last 8 years of Bush presidency was a success??

tehsnipes
27 Aug 2008, 05:21pm
Not I.

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/daily/graphics/mccainad_454.gif

Let the flaming begin! :D

GrayFox
27 Aug 2008, 05:24pm
Well, your talking about a president whos first year had the worst attack on America in history, then you get people blaming him for everything that is more congress' fault. Sure I don't think the taxing the rich less and middle class more was a good idea, but then again, Congress approved it.

tehsnipes
27 Aug 2008, 05:27pm
Well, your talking about a president whos first year had the worst attack on America in history, then you get people blaming him for everything that is more congress' fault. Sure I don't think the taxing the rich less and middle class more was a good idea, but then again, Congress approved it.

I was merely stating my opinion. All these occurred in Bush's presidency. The taxing the rich less and middle class more was approved by a Republican majority congress.

Desum
27 Aug 2008, 05:39pm
Bush isn't exactly a great president, but people blame him for way too much. After 9/11, did you seriously think we SHOULDN'T go to war? We were attacked, we HAD to respond. Of course gas prices are going to go up because of this war, you can't blame terrorism on Bush... I've also seen people blame freakin Global Warming on him too..I mean CMON, hes not that bad.

Pancake Batter
27 Aug 2008, 05:48pm
Most historians will say to give it a decade or so later to see whether a president have been successful or not. Hell, Lincoln wasn't popular during his time yet many years later he is regarded as one of the most famous presidents.

Desum
27 Aug 2008, 05:50pm
Exactly, Pancake, Bush just got elected into a time of chaos...Hell, maybe without Bush we never woulda captured Saddam and would never even have an oppurtunity to catch Bin Laden... Nonetheless, no matter who gets elected next, they're probably going to be praised since they'll be elected into the time when the wars already starting to end.

PotshotPolka
27 Aug 2008, 05:58pm
Not I.

You fire up one more attack thread and I will see to it that you are banned from the forums.

LegalSmash
27 Aug 2008, 06:22pm
Not I.

First, Die in fire.

Second, as stated above, the president's success or failure is determined generally 1-2 decades after he has vacated office, except Jimmy Carter, who was just fail.

Third, Bush has had a bumpy ride, I'm not going to try and dress that up, but that in essence, you have to look at his presidency under the lens that he came into a sudden, unprovoked terrorist attack, not even 1/2 a year post inauguration.

No Child left Behind has been relatively successful, it has introduced accountability, making stupid children that for years have been passed into progressively higher grades despite not having the ability to pass the material in the initial grade they struggled through. The program also prevented teachers from continuing to simply avoid the blame of a badly taught student... FCAT is one of the best things to ever happen to FL schools.

Bush put in two very solid Supreme Court nominations, which ensures the fairness and balance of an otherwise overly left-sided court.

I'd put him as more successful than Hoover and Zachary Taylor, even LBJ, who STARTED the entrenched bureaucratic BS that we STILL deal with today.

I say bring back Eisenhower.

PotshotPolka
27 Aug 2008, 06:32pm
First, Die in fire.

Second, as stated above, the president's success or failure is determined generally 1-2 decades after he has vacated office, except Jimmy Carter, who was just fail.

Third, Bush has had a bumpy ride, I'm not going to try and dress that up, but that in essence, you have to look at his presidency under the lens that he came into a sudden, unprovoked terrorist attack, not even 1/2 a year post inauguration.

No Child left Behind has been relatively successful, it has introduced accountability, making stupid children that for years have been passed into progressively higher grades despite not having the ability to pass the material in the initial grade they struggled through. The program also prevented teachers from continuing to simply avoid the blame of a badly taught student... FCAT is one of the best things to ever happen to FL schools.

Bush put in two very solid Supreme Court nominations, which ensures the fairness and balance of an otherwise overly left-sided court.

I'd put him as more successful than Hoover and Zachary Taylor, even LBJ, who STARTED the entrenched bureaucratic BS that we STILL deal with today.

I say bring back Eisenhower.

Indeed. Of all the presidents I've studied, Eisenhower is one of my favorites, he came from the military and held his own in the the presidency, and tehsnipes-soon-to-be-banned-stupid-twat can't finger him for hating blacks either.

Slavic
27 Aug 2008, 09:16pm
You fire up one more attack thread and I will see to it that you are banned from the forums.

Its an opinion thread that is relative to politics; back off the man's dick.

The only major things that got me upset with the Bush presidency was primarily the Iraq war, and the tax cuts to the rich.

The Iraq war was an over hyped war that was not needed in our time of need. I fully support the Afghan war because it was a retaliation strike for the 9/11 attacks. The Iraq war on the other hand had no redeeming qualities to make it acceptable. Lives where lost, and money lost that could have been spared. More troops and money could have been put into the Afghan effort.

My concern about the tax cuts to the rich is that it was played on that it would help the economy by encouraging domestic spending via "trickle down". The rich out of all social groups spend the least on domestic produced products, and are more likely to invest in foreign ventures. A tax cut on the middle class would have produced a more significant improvement in the economy.

Despite those two main issues, everything else is practically cosmetic media hype.

Although I do like the No Child Left Behind Act. Education and honest work is the most important factor in eliminating crime and violence in society. Not to mention it builds character and a sense of worth.

LegalSmash
27 Aug 2008, 09:18pm
Its an opinion thread that is relative to politics; back off the man's dick.

The only major things that got me upset with the Bush presidency was primarily the Iraq war, and the tax cuts to the rich.

The Iraq war was an over hyped war that was not needed in our time of need. I fully support the Afghan war because it was a retaliation strike for the 9/11 attacks. The Iraq war on the other hand had no redeeming qualities to make it acceptable. Lives where lost, and money lost that could have been spared. More troops and money could have been put into the Afghan effort.

My concern about the tax cuts to the rich is that it was played on that it would help the economy by encouraging domestic spending via "trickle down". The rich out of all social groups spend the least on domestic produced products, and are more likely to invest in foreign ventures. A tax cut on the middle class would have produced a more significant improvement in the economy.

Despite those two main issues, everything else is practically cosmetic media hype.

Although I do like the No Child Left Behind Act. Education and honest work is the most important factor in eliminating crime and violence in society. Not to mention it builds character and a sense of worth.

Slavic, re: snipes, he's a perm banned asshat who comes in to stir u trouble repeatedly.

tehsnipes
27 Aug 2008, 09:55pm
Slavic, re: snipes, he's a perm banned asshat who comes in to stir u trouble repeatedly.

first, I'm not perm banned silly. Second, slavic is correct. This is a political thread and I am entitled to my opinion. You guys flame the left wing numerous times so I decided to show my viewpoint as well. Its outright hypocrisy to call my threads attack threads, anyone can find that out reading some of you guys' post/thread. I do not blame Bush for everything unlike the other Americans fed by the media. Here is why I don't like him, fail in Katrina, Iraq War, failed energy policies = rising gas prices, tax cuts to rich, Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history, Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury, Setting economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period, first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job, Cutting unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history, Cutting healthcare benefits for war veterans, unilaterally attacking Iraq against the will of the United Nations and the world community, taking the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11, and in less than a year made the U.S. the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in U.S. and world history), list goes on and on (Don't have enough time to list others lol GF getting angry:glare:)

Here is a list of your "attack" threads by various members of your community that didnt get shit. I don't care if you state your opinion, what am I guilty of? If my thread is an "attack thread" so are the following (Not even including posts in people's threads insulting their intelligence, viewpoints, race). I can't see why I'm not entitled to my own views in this community. I'm not forcing it on anyone.

Barack Obama Supports Infantcide-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8700

Media Bias-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8151

Obama, The One is here for our salvation!-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7663

Obama's on your shoulder- http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7826

Pelosi turns light out on House Floor-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7666

**ETC**

| G'night |

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d6/McCainExcitement.jpg

LegalSmash
27 Aug 2008, 10:42pm
first, I'm not perm banned silly. Second, slavic is correct. This is a political thread and I am entitled to my opinion. You guys flame the left wing numerous times so I decided to show my viewpoint as well. Its outright hypocrisy to call my threads attack threads, anyone can find that out reading some of you guys' post/thread. I do not blame Bush for everything unlike the other Americans fed by the media. Here is why I don't like him, fail in Katrina, Iraq War, failed energy policies = rising gas prices, tax cuts to rich, Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history, Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury, Setting economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period, first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job, Cutting unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history, Cutting healthcare benefits for war veterans, unilaterally attacking Iraq against the will of the United Nations and the world community, taking the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11, and in less than a year made the U.S. the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in U.S. and world history), list goes on and on (Don't have enough time to list others lol but I ran out of rehashed ideas from MoveOn.org to regurgitate, and have to go masterbate to ted kennedy's speech

Here is a list of your "attack" threads by various members of your community that didnt get shit. I don't care if you state your opinion, what am I guilty of? If my thread is an "attack thread" so are the following (Not even including posts in people's threads insulting their intelligence, viewpoints, race). I can't see why I'm not entitled to my own views in this community. I'm not forcing it on anyone.

Barack Obama Supports Infantcide-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8700

Media Bias-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8151

Obama, The One is here for our salvation!-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7663

Obama's on your shoulder- http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7826

Pelosi turns light out on House Floor-http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7666

**ETC**

| G'night |

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d6/McCainExcitement.jpg

Fixed.

Die in a Fire, Furry

Dark Torcher
27 Aug 2008, 11:06pm
end results of when immature people talk politics

raven maniac
27 Aug 2008, 11:12pm

what do you mean immature people? I don't think it's Immaturity. This is what happens 99.9% of the time no matter what if it's involving politics. The fact is there's too much controversy & Hear-say dealing with politics which is why I stay away from it. :thumbup1:

LegalSmash
27 Aug 2008, 11:31pm
I just don't see the point in responding credibly to him, given his previous posts, it appears as if he is simply a troll. You know me, I will talk politics, but not "find stuff on net and repeat-atics" its old and tired. Italian Jew will make respectable arguments, from day one on this board, this guy has been baiting asshat, add that to the fact that it came up later on Litkey's account that this schmuck had been banned from the server, it became clear that this guy is here to annoy and that is about it.

I staked my piece about Bushes' political legacy.

Snipes, DIE IN A FIRE!!

Josh
27 Aug 2008, 11:42pm
I just don't see the point in responding credibly to him, given his previous posts, it appears as if he is simply a troll. You know me, I will talk politics, but not "find stuff on net and repeat-atics" its old and tired. Italian Jew will make respectable arguments, from day one on this board, this guy has been baiting asshat, add that to the fact that it came up later on Litkey's account that this schmuck had been banned from the server, it became clear that this guy is here to annoy and that is about it.

I staked my piece about Bushes' political legacy.This thread needs more tehsnipes' dying in fires.

Veggie
28 Aug 2008, 12:17am
I do! Sarcasm :scared:

Seriously tho he should have been impeached.

Zero001
28 Aug 2008, 12:45am
first, I'm not perm banned silly. Second, slavic is correct. This is a political thread and I am entitled to my opinion. You guys flame the left wing numerous times so I decided to show my viewpoint as well. Its outright hypocrisy to call my threads attack threads, anyone can find that out reading some of you guys' post/thread. I do not blame Bush for everything unlike the other Americans fed by the media. Here is why I don't like him, fail in Katrina, Iraq War, failed energy policies = rising gas prices, tax cuts to rich, Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history, Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury, Setting economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period, first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job, Cutting unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history, Cutting healthcare benefits for war veterans, unilaterally attacking Iraq against the will of the United Nations and the world community, taking the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11, and in less than a year made the U.S. the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in U.S. and world history), list goes on and on (Don't have enough time to list others lol GF getting angry:glare:)

The majority of that isn't his fault
Too tired to explain. Educate yourself before spewing the media you hate so much.

While I don't necessarily approve of GWB, I agree with some of the others in saying it's too soon. He hasn't been the best President, but he certainly hasn't been the worst. He'll probably just go down as lame duck. Slavic touched on it, but most of the things are just hyped.

LegalSmash
28 Aug 2008, 06:25am
I do! Sarcasm :scared:

Seriously tho he should have been impeached.

On what grounds?

The president has MANY executive powers and privileges which allow him to act in the manner bush did. Powers granted to presidents during the reign of key 1950-2000 democrats that wanted to avoid having to go through a largely red congress to get their way.

Clinton, on the other hand, should have been impeached for crimes of moral turpidude.

Omar
28 Aug 2008, 07:49am
Nah hes just a president, he did what he did, maybe not a succes but not a failure either so yea..

Omar
28 Aug 2008, 12:16pm
Fixed it for you.

ROFLMFAO

LegalSmash
28 Aug 2008, 12:34pm
Hey Havok, doesn't Thatcher have a re-election to pursue?

tehsnipes
28 Aug 2008, 02:46pm

/agree. Notice how I have not slighted anyone for their opinion. Legalsmash somehow thinks that by proclaiming "Die in a fire" will somehow make validate his views. His latest reply was REAL mature by editing my past reply to exploit my words. Exactly what the swiftboaters did to Obama now and McCain in '00. How ironic. McCain has done great services to this country but I just think that it's time to move past the Fail politics of Bush.

Btw Zero, he is the President. The republican-majority Congress was responsible for some but ultimately Bush is accountable for the fails. Goes with being President.

Clinton should be impeached for getting a blow job? Rofl. He led the country to economic and diplomatic prosperity. America was one the the foremost leaders in everything. Bush somehow managed to screw that all up.

Zero001
28 Aug 2008, 03:15pm
Btw Zero, he is the President. The republican-majority Congress was responsible for some but ultimately Bush is accountable for the fails. Goes with being President.

The government in general had little to do with the economic issues you mentioned. Even the greatest government in history would've had a hard time dealing with the dot-com bubble, the housing boom, and 9/11. Like I said stop spewing the media dribble and go educate yourself. The government can only do so much to assist the economy.

I don't tell anyone to go vote for McCain or Obama, I just try to present good information. It bothers me when people like you consider McCain to be the same as Bush when it's clearly not the case.

Pancake Batter
28 Aug 2008, 03:16pm
No, he got impeached for perjury.

This was directed to snipes.

Спецназ
28 Aug 2008, 04:59pm

Worst attack on America in history? The Brits torched the shit out of Washington DC in the war of 1812. I'd say that having our capital raped up it's ass is pretty bad. Plus I'm pretty sure the losses on the US side was close to 7 or 8 thousand dead.

I'm not looking to flame, I just don't see our current situation as the end of the world. This isn't the most dangerous time in history, and I'm sure there will be much more dangerous times ahead. And no, I think Bush fails... hard.

GrayFox
28 Aug 2008, 05:11pm
Worst attack on America in history? The Brits torched the shit out of Washington DC in the war of 1812. I'd say that having our capital raped up it's ass is pretty bad. Plus I'm pretty sure the losses on the US side was close to 7 or 8 thousand dead.

I'm not looking to flame, I just don't see our current situation as the end of the world. This isn't the most dangerous time in history, and I'm sure there will be much more dangerous times ahead. And no, I think Bush fails... hard.

That was also during a war, amirite? I'm pretty sure this 9/11 was started by them, not us.

The British arrived in Washington and burned the major government building including the President’s House as the White House was known, the capital building and the Treasury, State and war department. The British stayed in Washington for only one night, their goal had never been to occupy the city, nearly to raid it.Â

I don't see any death toll in there, and once again, its under war. And of course you think Bush fails, because you clearly don't know that there is also a Congress that processes his every move, as long as advisors and his staff. :thumbdown:

Italian Jew
28 Aug 2008, 06:59pm
Maybe both Bush AND Congress fail...simple enough.

Can we call it a day?

LegalSmash
28 Aug 2008, 08:38pm
/agree. Notice how I have not slighted anyone for their opinion. Legalsmash somehow thinks that by proclaiming "Die in a fire" will somehow make validate his views. His latest reply was REAL mature by editing my past reply to exploit my words. Exactly what the swiftboaters did to Obama now and McCain in '00. How ironic. McCain has done great services to this country but I just think that it's time to move past the Fail politics of Bush.

Clinton should be impeached for getting a blow job? Rofl. He led the country to economic and diplomatic prosperity. America was one the the foremost leaders in everything. Bush somehow managed to screw that all up.

ROFL. Idiot.

First, Die in a Fire.

Second, I tell you to because I really, sincerely, honestly want you to die, in a fire. It would bring me joy. Its not about validating my views, go through the threads of this board, my views are not only validated, but respected. You are a troll that has consistently made a complete ass of yourself over the course of your unfortunate tenure here. There is a big difference there, my "learned opponent". Want a tip? Think of something original.

Again, Die in a Fire.

Third, Bush has not committed "high crimes against the United States", perjury in court is a Federal Crime: hence, impeachment. "Family average income going up 7500, economic and diplomatic prosperity" and everything else the democrats say Clinton allegedly made does not excuse an actual, impeachable offense.

Fourth, A congress and a president are part of different branches of the government, they operate differently, and in general you cannot attribute the failures of one to the other, also, you should note that despite the 6 years of a thin majority in congress for the republicans at a certain level of popular satisfaction, the democrats "took" the congress and their approval rating went down EVEN MORE. What happened to Pelosi's 100 days? Nothing. The bunch of them did nothing. (the majority shareholder in Delmonte foods, BTW).

How exactly is Bush responsible for a congress which he cannot clearly override through veto, nor technically pocket veto fore more than a while? You simply want to find a way to blame him for everything, because as I adjusted your post to reflect, its exactly what you heard over 3-4 websites and pundits that spew the same shit and have spewed the same shit since the Dems got all butthurt over Bush v. Gore (I disagree with the opinion on the basis that the SCOTUS is not supposed to hand out advisory opinions or decide upon "political issues sent to the other branches".

Mikey
28 Aug 2008, 09:08pm
___DID NOT READ THE OTHER POSTS___
I think it is. People who think he made a terrible choice after 9/11. Think about this. He was the president at the time (still is) and he made such a decision with the hopes for economy boost etc. but the congress had nothing against it. People have to understand that "Mr.President" title does not mean the particular person can go and nuke everything that moves. Congress does have a good control over big decision, such as firing the president, witch they did not, therefore why saying he was/is a bad president?

tank40175
29 Aug 2008, 05:59am
History will decide success or failure, as many have said. And the President does get blamed for far too much. For instance Iraq, The actual military action itself was a huge success in the begining because congress and most Americans were suporting it. But now during what is basically a police action, some can very well argue it is failing. But that is largely due to news covering only when somebody dies, and not on the progress that has been made. But it is in fact not going as well as it should, and that all boils down to a congress that is not supporting like they were. But Bush will be blamed for thier shortcoming. As this has always been the way of things, and will always be, probbably.

PotshotPolka
29 Aug 2008, 06:13am
I'd vote to strip presidential elections from the ballot and leave it to the house and senate, and I'm dead serious when saying that.

tank40175
29 Aug 2008, 08:04am
Acctually not a bad idea, however still need someone to be able to veto some of thier dumbass decisions...lol

Zero001
31 Aug 2008, 12:10am
I can't believe it. I don't even like GWB, but this topic forced me to think. GWB might actually go down in history as a decent President. I'm too scared to post my reasons. If I'm right GWB is either the luckiest screw up ever or he's smarter than we all think. I hate you tehsnipes. I don't like him and you made me think up some quality good points that outweigh his mass amounts of negatives. It's unbelievable.

LegalSmash
31 Aug 2008, 01:34am
I can't believe it. I don't even like GWB, but this topic forced me to think. GWB might actually go down in history as a decent President. I'm too scared to post my reasons. If I'm right GWB is either the luckiest screw up ever or he's smarter than we all think. I hate you tehsnipes. I don't like him and you made me think up some quality good points that outweigh his mass amounts of negatives. It's unbelievable.

Rofl. Teh Snipes may just be bushes' best friend.

James
31 Aug 2008, 02:53am
Dubya is a retard and should never have become president. But why oh why, would you vote for him TWICE???

Omar
31 Aug 2008, 05:39am
Did not read other posts.

Ok ok ok... I mean is it even worth it becoming the president, you get maximum 8 years to be it and then you have to live in fear with bodygaurds the rest of your life.

PotshotPolka
31 Aug 2008, 06:49am
Ok ok ok... I mean is it even worth it becoming the president, you get maximum 8 years to be it and then you have to live in fear with bodygaurds the rest of your life.

Then why should we read yours?

GrayFox
31 Aug 2008, 09:27am

TL;DR! (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Tl%3Bdr)

And is it worth becoming the leader of the United States, with the chance to become one of the most respected people in the world? Or in foreverness, if you actually do something right.

Omar
31 Aug 2008, 12:10pm
Then why should we read yours?

I didnt say you have to.

Italian Jew
31 Aug 2008, 12:54pm
Successful failure...

Now move on with your lives people