PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing due to missing models

GrayFox
27 Aug 2008, 10:23am
When I join any server, the came crashes, claiming it cannot find two missing files; models/gibs/woodsomething and models/error. I have taken out all of my skins and it still did this. Then I deleted the counter-strike source folder and it still does this. Any ideas on how to fix it?

AndreiD
27 Aug 2008, 10:30am
Go to your cstrike folder and delete the following folders :
models
materials

after than, the next time CS:S launches, it will rebuild those folders from the defaults it has stored in it's cache file.
Also, all your models will revert back to default.

GrayFox
27 Aug 2008, 11:04am
Nope, still doesn't work. I was able to make my own server, then when I joined others it went back to the main screen of CS:S. Then it started making this weird beeping sound, so I got out and tried another server and the error came up again.

GrayFox
27 Aug 2008, 11:08am
Now it says a different model is not loading... so apparently its not loading any models.

AndreiD
27 Aug 2008, 11:35am
Remove & Reinstall CS:S
be sure to detele your entire cstrike folder before reinstalling.

GrayFox
27 Aug 2008, 12:04pm
It does the same thing, just with different models or textures missing.

Repus
27 Aug 2008, 12:08pm
Lol i once deleted my cstrike folder, didn't mean to dot it. was pain in the ass when i was going to server: First downloading zombie models and then the map, and while downloading it current map got changed and i had to download it too.

GrayFox
27 Aug 2008, 12:30pm
Remove & Reinstall CS:S
be sure to detele your entire cstrike folder before reinstalling.

I did that, then restarted the computer, so one of those worked. Thank you, +rep for you:thumbup:

Gray
28 Aug 2008, 12:24am
When I join any server, the came crashes, claiming it cannot find two missing files; models/gibs/woodsomething and models/error. I have taken out all of my skins and it still did this. Then I deleted the counter-strike source folder and it still does this. Any ideas on how to fix it?

My old computer had some problem with it, whenever I put mat_dxlevel 90 in console (for cal) it would make ALL of my scopes...well...drity...literaly what looked like DIRT ON the scope, so i couldent see anyone through it.

Plus my shadows and radar was all fucked, it was all blotchy looking and blocky aswell. Wish I had known deleteing cstrike folder would have fixed that lol

AndreiD
28 Aug 2008, 01:46am
I did that, then restarted the computer, so one of those worked. Thank you, +rep for you:thumbup:

You had something dodgy there, probably a texture or some files that weren't working that good.