PDA

View Full Version : Demo question

Airstrike
25 Aug 2008, 01:03pm
Hey guys... a quick demo question.

I know how to demo someone (record "the name") but I assume that you can only record things that are gonig on after you type that... or can you demo someone and it records a bit of whatever has already happened? How do you then attach it to the forums? Do I need to download something from the server or is it already there?

I have seen people say that if something happens then you should demo it, but its a bit late after the incident.

Sorry to seem like an idiot but i've just not needed to know this stuff before!

jeN
25 Aug 2008, 01:39pm
Hey guys... a quick demo question.

I know how to demo someone (record "the name") but I assume that you can only record things that are gonig on after you type that... or can you demo someone and it records a bit of whatever has already happened? How do you then attach it to the forums? Do I need to download something from the server or is it already there?

I have seen people say that if something happens then you should demo it, but its a bit late after the incident.

Sorry to seem like an idiot but i've just not needed to know this stuff before!

You can't demo things that already happened. If you see someone breaking the rules, start a demo up and spec them. Usually if someone breaks the rules once, they'll do it until someone complains or they get caught. Though sometimes it ends up with long demos with no proof. =[ It's hit and miss basically.

There's an attach option when you make a post, but I just use websites like sendspace, I find it easier.

Airstrike
25 Aug 2008, 05:49pm
So where does the demo go? I assume it is saved to my computer? Where abouts does it get saved? Also, do I have to stop the recording for it to save, and if so how do I do this?

Thanks!

jeN
25 Aug 2008, 05:57pm
So where does the demo go? I assume it is saved to my computer? Where abouts does it get saved? Also, do I have to stop the recording for it to save, and if so how do I do this?

Thanks!

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\email@hotmail.com\counter-strike source\cstrike

Demos will save to your cstrike folder, they save after you finish the demo by type "stop" or "stopdemo" in console. One of those commands, Id have to check to be sure. =T