PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate??

Target
24 Aug 2008, 03:07pm
when someone quits before there last voteban and comes back in as a diff name.

I do.....

Heres what you do.

If you are serious about a voteban type status in console before the votebans start and have that persons steam ID copied or on file somewhere.

When he is down to one chances are he will quit. Wait until you see someone suspicous join and type "voteban <steamID you copied or put on file>" (without the <>)

You will be able to see what the new name is she/he has joined in as and stop his/her reign of terror =]

Robfal
24 Aug 2008, 03:54pm
Yes I hate people that do this shit, especially on the prison break servers. It really gets annoying at times. Oh and thanks, I didnt know this.

Target
24 Aug 2008, 04:04pm
your welcome =] glad to help

andre1028
24 Aug 2008, 05:12pm
Lol I hate it so much, but I know how to tell if they changed their name. Thanks for this post anyways.

XeNo
24 Aug 2008, 10:14pm
When someone joins and you think it's a votebanned person that changed their name...When you type voteban again it should still have the number of votes they had against them before next to the new name.

Voteban system works off SteamIDs last I knew.

Bubbles
24 Aug 2008, 10:32pm
yes yes, earlier tonight i saw a guy leave come back as the name 'HAHAHA' and just kill all the t's

we tried to voteban, and i typed status in console, his steam wasnt there, he had left =(

tank40175
25 Aug 2008, 12:17pm
This I didn't know THX for info.

Target
25 Aug 2008, 12:20pm
Your very welcome and thanks for the thanks =]

Mercy
25 Aug 2008, 06:22pm
ye like xeno said you just look at the list and the person with a lot of votes for a ban is the person you tried to ban, its true

trakaill
26 Aug 2008, 10:17am
ye like xeno said you just look at the list and the person with a lot of votes for a ban is the person you tried to ban, its true

true.. votebans are recorded until map change so this is also a good way. But thanks I never thought about that. If someone leaves I usually voteban the next name that joins lol I have good chances that its the right guy.

barackobama
26 Aug 2008, 12:41pm
Good stuff, haha.