PDA

View Full Version : XD help meeee

roxas814
24 Aug 2008, 12:00pm
alright XD so heres whats up
I'm starting to get low fps on maps, many maps like deathrun and so on, i used to get relativly good FPS...but i cant figer out whats making it slow down.
I've tried changing the screen resolution, it solves it a little but not much, same with messing around with the graphics, even though it says i should have high detail, i'm using low/medium but still nothing.
can anyone gimme a hand here XD i'm getting annoyed with this low FPS that i die on zombie and deathrun -_-

andre1028
24 Aug 2008, 02:02pm
Are you running on a laptop? Maybe your batery usage is set to saving and not at preformance? I got a fps cfg for you if your not.
Also did you clean your PC insides yet? maybe all the dust is screwing up your PC.

broncoty
24 Aug 2008, 04:43pm
Vista or xp?

roxas814
24 Aug 2008, 04:49pm
yeah I'm on a laptop
and i never really though about messing around with my battery settings XD I'll try it soon ^^ thanks

PotshotPolka
24 Aug 2008, 04:50pm
alright XD so heres whats up
I'm starting to get low fps on maps, many maps like deathrun and so on, i used to get relativly good FPS...but i cant figer out whats making it slow down.
I've tried changing the screen resolution, it solves it a little but not much, same with messing around with the graphics, even though it says i should have high detail, i'm using low/medium but still nothing.
can anyone gimme a hand here XD i'm getting annoyed with this low FPS that i die on zombie and deathrun -_-

T.M.P.

If you haven't changed any hardware as of late you could probably chalk up the causes to worms and fragmented files.
Personally I just wipe my whole system clean, but I know how to reinstall necessary drivers and configure hard drives, so you're best off right now just investing in some AV and defragging.

aceofrazgriz
29 Aug 2008, 01:00pm
Most FPS problems are related to CPU usage since the Steam Engine sucks the CPU like a vampire as opposed to most other games. Like Pot said, check for viruses/spyware/adware. You might want to turn off programs loading at startup also as this can have a decent effect on memory and cpu usage. If all else fails, you'd probably do yourself good if you backed up files and did a format/clean install of windows. Its quick and ez and solve a multitude of problems, while offering a bit of a performance boost since everything is clean.