PDA

View Full Version : [Removed] Remove: zm_trap_escape

Bill Smauz
24 Aug 2008, 10:51am
Name of Map: zm_trap_escape
Servers: ZombieMod Escape

Reasons:Potentially the worst map on the server currently. It's nothing but a killzone and a deathrun map. Very rarely the humans win, if you as me this map belongs on the DeathRun server. Now people will probably just tell me: You just don't like it because your a noob at it.
No im not a noob at it I know how to beat it. But this is not a true Escape map all you do is run through a maze and die. I know that there has been many requests for the map to be removed and hopefully this time it will be removed. So lets take a look:
1.you start by goign through the many teleports (about only 2 are good) and hope you don't get stuck.
2.You run thorugh the maze which has many annoying traps where people die all the time
3. You run down the hall and hopefully don't get hit by the boulder!
4. Go though underwater maze thing (hopeuflly you have 100% health otherwise you die)
5. Go through another maze where theres only 1 way you can go otherwise you die
6. Go through the ancient traps where everything is dumb and you just die
7. Beat the map congrats you know how to beat the worst map on the server
8. In the end you pretty much you just have 1 person who wins while the rest die.

Extra Comments: If someone was willing to edit the map to make it work on the deathrun server well then maybe it would work good there, but on ZE JUST NO! The map is very laggy and has many leaks (Part of map exposed to void).

BOOWY
24 Aug 2008, 11:03am
This is about the only map on the server where the humans don't even care about the zombies. How could you when you're concentrating on not going the wrong way and dying? There's no place to defend up until you get to the aztec place, and by then there's usually a clear cut winner anyway(or whoever's grossly out in front, humans or zombies, die to a trap).

Bill Smauz
24 Aug 2008, 11:04am
This is about the only map on the server where the humans don't even care about the zombies. How could you when you're concentrating on not going the wrong way and dying? There's no place to defend up until you get to the aztec place, and by then there's usually a clear cut winner anyway(or whoever's grossly out in front, humans or zombies, die to a trap).

That and no obvious teamwork involved

Crimson
24 Aug 2008, 11:17am
For the love of god, remove it.

Suri, please, if you love us, remove it.

andre1028
24 Aug 2008, 12:59pm
I agree with Bill. This map sucks and it's very unbalanced. What's even worse is that it's confusing for new players and could discourage them from playing our servers. What's even MOREworse than that is that people always get stuck going through the TELEPORTERS!!!

REMOVE IT!

Dark Torcher
24 Aug 2008, 01:08pm
i think it needs to be remade with more paths to go thru the maze, and then one very long walkway to the end for those who cant go thru maze

Suri
24 Aug 2008, 01:08pm
Ok I do not see a problem taking this off. I know people in the past has also asked to have it removed.

Also I have been in the server when this map is on, and notice that the zombies do not even try to get the humans. They are just trying to make it to the end.

Astrum
24 Aug 2008, 01:45pm
Reasons:Potentially the worst map on the server currently. It's nothing but a killzone and a deathrun map. Very rarely the humans win, if you as me this map belongs on the DeathRun server. Now people will probably just tell me: You just don't like it because your a noob at it.

I dunno, is mumbo jumbo still on there? Personally I love the map. So much that I drew up the maze and one path through (to scale).

It's a shame it's been removed. It was a polarizing map, but I know a lot of people really did like to play it.

Bill Smauz
24 Aug 2008, 02:32pm
Do not flame the players that like the map.

Astrum
24 Aug 2008, 02:43pm
You have no idea what your talking about! It was one of THE worst maps on the server!

We call that an opinion. Everyone has one. You didn't like it, a lot of people didn't like it. However, a lot of people did like it. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean no one else did.

Zargotelc
24 Aug 2008, 07:42pm
Astrum was one of those who converted me to a believer. Before I would just sit in spec and whine while nominating maps to be played next. It was a great map once you got the hang of it.

But yeah , the map really is an aberration from the normal "run from zombie" maps , here it doesn't matter whether you were zombie or human , it only mattered whether you could escape the 2 mazes or not. And although I have escaped both mazes before , I have never made it to the end of the map where the nuke lies.

RIP Trap Escape. You provided good entertainment for those of us who weren't swept up in the "RTV THIS MAP NOW" frenzy.

Astrum
24 Aug 2008, 11:44pm
RIP Trap Escape. You provided good entertainment for those of us who weren't swept up in the "RTV THIS MAP NOW" frenzy.

It's been removed before, and readded. Let's see if it makes another come back.

XeNo
25 Aug 2008, 12:57am
I always voted for trap when I saw it on the list...Shame.

*Queen VenomousFate*
25 Aug 2008, 01:13am
RARRRR!!!! My Server Group.

Some people do like this map, and some people don't.

I am gonna look into it.

Chobber
25 Aug 2008, 01:29am
I always voted for trap when I saw it on the list...Shame.

Ditto :/

Cooki3Monsta
25 Aug 2008, 02:03am
I really don't like this map. I would either rtv or leave the server when I was a reg. Glad its getting removed.

trakaill
25 Aug 2008, 07:07am
NOOOOOOOOOO

Bill Smauz
25 Aug 2008, 07:36am
Why would this map be readded if it was already removed venomous? Due to the reasons I stated Suricruise removed it. If people like the map that much they can go to CreateServer > Map_name and play it all they want. It's not an escape map people do not care if they become zombie.

You are in no position to make demands.

Spartan
25 Aug 2008, 08:09am
I HATE U BILL THIS WAS MY FAVOURITE MAP. WATCHING NOOBS DIE MADE ME LAUGH AND I WAS ALWAYS THE GUY TO GET TO THE END CAUSE IM A FUCKING NERB LOL. seriously though, this map is good, but ye, not a zombie escape map lol.

P.S. Bill said i was gay cause i like trap. Can u please ban him? mmkay thanks.

Suri
25 Aug 2008, 08:34am
RARRRR!!!! My Server Group.

Some people do like this map, and some people don't.

I am gonna look into it.

I did remove the map for the reason that this map is never played like it should be for the server that it is on. The zombies dont try to get the humans. Every one is just trying to make it to the end.

I would say if you can get more yes's then no's for the map then add it back.

trakaill
25 Aug 2008, 11:31am
YEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEES FOR TRAP ESCAPE. Besides if take it off tis server then put it somewhere else. I dont want it to go for ever:crying:

No spam I want the map back

There was a lot of O's in the post...sorry I really like it tho

Suri
25 Aug 2008, 11:31am
Do not spam this thread!

Astrum
25 Aug 2008, 03:26pm
How about a compromise, add trap escape to one escape server.

It'll just get rtv'ed to hell anyway. A person dies in a trap once and it's rtv, I swear people have attention spans of mayonnaise.

jeN
25 Aug 2008, 03:37pm
Put it on deathrun. ^_^ You run, and die, totally works out.

Bill Smauz
25 Aug 2008, 04:10pm
How about a compromise, add trap escape to one escape server.

It'll just get rtv'ed to hell anyway. A person dies in a trap once and it's rtv, I swear people have attention spans of mayonnaise.

Thats cuz map sucks.

LitKey
25 Aug 2008, 04:15pm
I don't see a problem with taking it off both US Escapes and putting it on Deathrun, or at least taking it off one of the Escapes. I like the map, but these guys are right about it not really being an escape map. It doesn't fit on the servers it is on now.

Bill Smauz
25 Aug 2008, 04:48pm
Heres what I think should happen: The map should be taken off the Escape servers because clearly people do not care weather they're zombie or not (actually they would prefer to be zombie so they could survive the traps)
Add the map to the DeathRun servers. It is a compromise for all of us!

The people who don't like the map won't have to waste their time playing it on ZombieEscape

The people who like the map can still play it on the DeathRun servers!

*Queen VenomousFate*
25 Aug 2008, 10:44pm
I don't see a problem with taking it off both US Escapes and putting it on Deathrun, or at least taking it off one of the Escapes. I like the map, but these guys are right about it not really being an escape map. It doesn't fit on the servers it is on now.

Yea good luck with that, what happens when you get to the end and no one has guns...

And if you give them guns they will all just kill eachother.

As far as I am concerned this map is gone for good.

trakaill
25 Aug 2008, 11:35pm
Yea good luck with that, what happens when you get to the end and no one has guns...

And if you give them guns they will all just kill eachother.

As far as I am concerned this map is gone for good.

Put it back