PDA

View Full Version : Legalize Prostitution?

Repeat
23 Aug 2008, 08:53pm
After I posted the thread about the hooker with one leg getting killed, I began to wonder what you guys thought about this ---

I'm getting ready to go to bed but when I wake up I'll post my opinion.

Should prostitution be legal? Why or why not?

GrayFox
23 Aug 2008, 08:59pm
Yes. Prostitution right now is very dangerous via STD's. If its legalized, they can be more protected, maybe make more, and who really doesn't want a prositute.

Italian Jew
23 Aug 2008, 09:05pm
And you could require a license to make sure those legal prostitutes have check ups and what not. You pay a tax for the license and you get regular check ups to make sure you are not spreading any shit around...nothing wrong with that.

Of course, politicians whore themselves out and they don't need a license...

barackobama
23 Aug 2008, 09:58pm
Yeah, so I can start my new career!

BOOWY
23 Aug 2008, 10:15pm
As George Carlin said, "Selling is legal, fucking is legal. Why isn't selling fucking legal?" and something to the tune of "Why is it illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away?".

Dark Torcher
23 Aug 2008, 10:21pm
it's the moral implications

GrayFox
23 Aug 2008, 10:32pm
Theres really no reason to cover it up. Its their body, they can have sex with whoever they want. Also if they legalize it, they could possible stop underaged prositutes, by license or what have you.

Itendtokill
24 Aug 2008, 12:30am
Theres some states that have legal prostitution... funny huh?? Like a business

Dark Torcher
24 Aug 2008, 12:34am
but what would you do when you get into your 30s,40s,50s+ and you couldnt work anymore since all those young whippersnappers were taking the business
not, by any means, a good line of work

Italian Jew
24 Aug 2008, 12:42am
You always have those fetishes out there, like some guy wanting an old chick, or an old guy wanting someone his own age.

If they no longer want to pursue a career in the business, then they can become greeters at Walmart or a barista, or something. Or maybe there is Whorelympics somewhere so that they can compete for the gold in various competitions. Who knows? The world is their oyster.

Repeat
24 Aug 2008, 08:10am
I think it should be legal, ran by individual states, and all the profit should go to like schools or something. yeah!

LegalSmash
24 Aug 2008, 08:57am
Theres really no reason to cover it up. Its their body, they can have sex with whoever they want. Also if they legalize it, they could possible stop underaged prositutes, by license or what have you.

First let me say that I am FOR the legalization of prostitution, due to the fact that its the oldest profession in the world, and the amount of money you pay on sevral dates with a nice girl to get into her pants is essentially the same about that you'd pay a whore to fuck you.

However, let me say this:

Legalizing it wont stop underage prostitution, there will still be "prostitotution". This is because there are a lot of sick fucks in this country who love the idea of fucking little bo-peep, and there are kids that are stupid with still more retarded parentage.

State regulation does not necessarily imply safety. There are MANY whores in Netherlands that simply don't test themselves. A whore doesn't have to show up to the screening past the initial one to get her license, and even if she did not, the market for false licenses has always thrived anywhere you need a license for something. This being said, the concept of "safety" will likely be illusory. After all, is the john really going to ask "before you suck me off, may I please see your up to date hooker license and registration papers?" Probably not.

Each state DOES have the power to legalize prostitution in its own lands, the trouble is that most of them have the idea that prostitution brings other vice (drugs, gambling, crime, etc) and it lowers property values, which it really does.

In Vegas, the whore houses are actually pretty far from the strip. I believe that the state of Nevada has distance and zoning rules regarding "bawdyhouses" as we affectionately refer to them.

Lastly, moralitywise, we have ENOUGH illegitimate bastard children in this world, we don't need more. Unless we are going to force birth control measures until marriage for proper, recording procreation, legalizing prostitution will likely exacerbate the problem of kids.