ba_prison_lockdown
Process:

Layout : 100%
Floor, walls, ceiling : 100%
Texturing : 85%
Light : 0%
Details : 30%

Total : 63%

So this is a new topic to my project, as the maps-subforum disappeared :glare: Anyways, it will not be a prison escape map, just a prison overtake-map..

** OFFICIAL FPSBANANA LINK ** (http://www.fpsbanana.com/studios/projects/view/21336)

The main point will - though - be for the terrorists to go to a secret, secret room to push a button which will perform a lockdown.. The lockdown will cut off the 3 main ways out of the main cell area + turn off all light in the area.. I have yet to decide whether it should cut off all light in the whole map - but that will come sooner or later..
Well, the job for the CT's is now to survive, control the prisoners who will, most likely, try to escape when they can disappear in the dark and get to start an emergency generator so they can regain some light in the main-area..

The whole map is packed with secrets as well as vents going through the map.. There will be some activities for the CT's to let the T's do, but watch out for a hidden UZI here and there!?

Here is the layout of the map with definitions;

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/531/map4uf7.jpg

Main cell area
Guards start point
Cafeteria
Armory
Cell control-point
Pool
*NEW* Special ball game - never seen in a prison map!
Locker room
Backup generator

It's all comming along quite smootly and neat now .. I am working on the guards' spawnpoint and rooms - next step will be the armory and afterwards the interior of the cells..
Hope to be done with that today (the 22nd of August)..

Almost done with the armory and the cells.. Gonna equip the cafeteria soon.. Cheers, 25th of august!

Daze
22 Aug 2008, 02:54am
Nice!! looks good, will look forward to playing on it when it's done.

Henrik
22 Aug 2008, 03:07pm
it looks nice:001_smile:

Mammal
23 Aug 2008, 04:56am
More prison maps is great, hope it works out :D :partydance:

Chobber
25 Aug 2008, 08:00am
Sigh, cant update the title of my thread >_<

Anyways .. I made a update..

SpikedRocker
25 Aug 2008, 08:03am
Sigh, cant update the title of my thread >_<

Anyways .. I made a update..

Actually you should be able to. Click edit twice and it should pull it up so you can.

Chobber
25 Aug 2008, 08:36am
Oh yeh lol .. that worked..

By the way, for a couple of screenshots go to the fpsbanana page :)

Suri
25 Aug 2008, 08:54am
Chobber have you added this to the add map thread? If not please do so and we will get it up asap.

andre1028
25 Aug 2008, 09:00am
Looks good Chobber, but don't overdo the window lighting like in Messiah. I always get major FPS drops from those bright window lights :(

Chobber
26 Aug 2008, 12:53am
It's not done yet, suri :)

I sincerely hope that I will have it done to the end of this week, as I am moving the week after and I might have some time away from ze inzernetz :/
I am working on it ;) I got a friend of mine to do the lights, I just need to place the props at the right places..

I wont make them gloom like in messiah, andre :)

Desum
26 Aug 2008, 11:53am
Can't wait for this map to be done...Im really getting tired of Zerg Rushing CTs every single round on electric, hoping this map will be a lil less rush and a lil more tactics.

Target
26 Aug 2008, 12:35pm
Looks good Chobber, but don't overdo the window lighting like in Messiah. I always get major FPS drops from those bright window lights :(

I hate those bright lights in messiah.....

Mammal
28 Aug 2008, 10:28am
ze inzernetz

Whoa, idea, ze_internet escape!
It takes place inside the internet, like on google and zombie murder and stuff =D
So you run along the banner and past the smileys lol.
Bill, get on it! :p

Chobber
28 Aug 2008, 11:00am
Thats actually a fuck*ng funny idea!! :D

Chobber
1 Oct 2008, 06:01am
I will release a beta version with no light entities in it within a week (hopefully in a couple of days)!!

SpikedRocker
1 Oct 2008, 06:14am
I totally forgot about this map XD...mine is on hold till we can get something produced with our animation stuff.

Chobber
1 Oct 2008, 10:09am
Yeh I almost forgot it as well :D

Mammal
4 Oct 2008, 08:24am
The main point will - though - be for the terrorists to go to a secret, secret room to push a button which will perform a lockdown.. The lockdown will cut off the 3 main ways out of the main cell area + turn off all light in the area.. I have yet to decide whether it should cut off all light in the whole map - but that will come sooner or later..
Well, the job for the CT's is now to survive, control the prisoners who will, most likely, try to escape when they can disappear in the dark and get to start an emergency generator so they can regain some light in the main-area.

Can I just say, the terrorists have to turn off the lights, so they can go and turn on the lights? I don't really follow, any more information on what they are meant to do?

Repus
4 Oct 2008, 09:05am
Can I just say, the terrorists have to turn off the lights, so they can go and turn on the lights? I don't really follow, any more information on what they are meant to do?

I think he means that when t turns lights off he will say it on team chat so t's can spot ct's and attck when lights are off, for like 5-10 sec

Chobber
4 Oct 2008, 11:52am
T's will turn light off, so the CTs cant see the Ts escaping / running away.. It will be harder for them to control them as one from their team will have to go and turn on the extra generator to regain light..

Darkness = easier to escape because they cant be seen + CTs have 1 guard less..

Repus
4 Oct 2008, 12:38pm
T's will turn light off, so the CTs cant see the Ts escaping / running away.. It will be harder for them to control them as one from their team will have to go and turn on the extra generator to regain light..

Darkness = easier to escape because they cant be seen + CTs have 1 guard less..

But how can t's see in the dark? and i think ct's have nightvision?