PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony Released from Jail

SpikedRocker
21 Aug 2008, 11:54am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/21/caylee.mom.bond.ap/index.html

Gets out on bond, pleads not guilty to child neglect and filing a false police report. She was mobbed by media as she left the jail. The bounty hunters that sprung her are living at the family's house while they investigate and search for Caylee. A reward of $225,000 has been set for bringing her home.

Itendtokill
21 Aug 2008, 01:09pm
From what I heard, if her lawyer asks for a "speedy trial(if he hasn't)", she can't be later on tried for the murder of her child(if shes dead).... so if she did kill her child, shes going to get away with it.

LegalSmash
21 Aug 2008, 01:12pm
No she wont. The double jeapordy rule applies to events from the same transaction. The charge murder, manslaughter, crim neg homicide, etc., if provable through separate evidence in the future, will not be disqualified by DJ rule due to the neglect and child endangerment charges.

PotshotPolka
21 Aug 2008, 01:14pm
Is it one of the televised bounty hunters? Because if it is I hope this entire episode blows up in his face and removes such trash from cable tv for eternity.

Itendtokill
21 Aug 2008, 01:16pm
No she wont. The double jeapordy rule applies to events from the same transaction. The charge murder, manslaughter, crim neg homicide, etc., if provable through separate evidence in the future, will not be disqualified by DJ rule due to the neglect and child endangerment charges.

According to what I heard Nancy Grace say, with the current charges & charges being added, DJ will be set in place... im gonna find the video where she said it.. might take me awhile lol

LegalSmash
21 Aug 2008, 03:01pm
According to what I heard Nancy Grace say, with the current charges & charges being added, DJ will be set in place... im gonna find the video where she said it.. might take me awhile lol

They can always remove and replace charges prior to jury empanelment without a problem in FL.

Additionally, FL has savings clauses written into their criminal statutes. I really think that between the state and the fed, they can get a crack at her.

SpikedRocker
22 Aug 2008, 03:01am
Is it one of the televised bounty hunters? Because if it is I hope this entire episode blows up in his face and removes such trash from cable tv for eternity.

Yes they are on A & E I think.

Look at where you got your source...she is a terrible journalist who uses alot of bias in her shows.

But as far as DJ is concerned, they are only trying her for the false police report and child neglect. If they find that Caylee was killed, she could be later found in connection and be tried. They are two seperate crimes that took place a two different times.

LegalSmash
22 Aug 2008, 06:42am
Yes they are on A & E I think.

Look at where you got your source...she is a terrible journalist who uses alot of bias in her shows.

But as far as DJ is concerned, they are only trying her for the false police report and child neglect. If they find that Caylee was killed, she could be later found in connection and be tried. They are two seperate crimes that took place a two different times.

Spiked is right. the crimes they are currently contemplating are not of the same transaction as the actual death, if the actual death is discovered and handled competently. It can come MANY years later as murder does not have a statute of limitations in FL and in the other states.

Regarding Nancy, without being inappropriate, and with all due respect, the woman is a mean spirited, sensationalist biased cunt. I feel that this person is a stain on the Honor of the GA bar association, a poor, badly behaved prosecutor that gives no respect to the process or the rules of the court for the attorney. She is a shitty commentator, makes less than helpful commentary about a case that stirs up retard-e-motion in viewers, but does not serve to really explain what is going on. I think that Judge Mathis would be more useful... and I cant stand TV judges.

This woman has been censured by the bar repeatedly for breaches of professional conduct. If you would have heard her inappropriate, one sided, and completely incorrect statements as a journalist about the Duke False Rape case, you'd see how incredibly full of shit that hack is.

I hope she dies of staph infection in her wheaties. :angry:

SpikedRocker
22 Aug 2008, 06:54am
Regarding Nancy, without being inappropriate, and with all due respect, the woman is a mean spirited, sensationalist biased cunt. I feel that this person is a stain on the Honor of the GA bar association, a poor, badly behaved prosecutor that gives no respect to the process or the rules of the court for the attorney. She is a shitty commentator, makes less than helpful commentary about a case that stirs up retard-e-motion in viewers, but does not serve to really explain what is going on. I think that Judge Mathis would be more useful... and I cant stand TV judges.

This woman has been censured by the bar repeatedly for breaches of professional conduct. If you would have heard her inappropriate, one sided, and completely incorrect statements as a journalist about the Duke False Rape case, you'd see how incredibly full of shit that hack is.

I hope she dies of staph infection in her wheaties. :angry:

Woo hoo! Someone else sees what I see! I don't know all about her legal work obviously, but as a journalist she is terrible. She lets her emotions in the way of everything and by her "sensationalizing" the Caylee Anthony case, yes she is sensationalizing, is smearing the face of todays journalists.

AndreiD
22 Aug 2008, 07:04am
In Romania you get stabbed to death in prison for killing your child.

LegalSmash
22 Aug 2008, 07:04am
Woo hoo! Someone else sees what I see! I don't know all about her legal work obviously, but as a journalist she is terrible. She lets her emotions in the way of everything and by her "sensationalizing" the Caylee Anthony case, yes she is sensationalizing, is smearing the face of todays journalists.

she smears the face of human life.

Suri
22 Aug 2008, 07:24am
The deal now is that the BH has 6 days to try and find out any info that he can with the case. But in that 6 day window he can revoke the bond and send her back to jail if he thinks she did do it.

Also some bloggers sent a pizza to her house a few hours after she returned home. OH SNAP!!

Repeat
22 Aug 2008, 11:23am
In Romania you get stabbed to death in prison for killing your child.

In America (if you're a man) you get stabbed with a pork dagger if you do stuff to kids. And probably killed. Yay for criminals who are finally doing good by killing other criminals!

SpikedRocker
26 Aug 2008, 09:58am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/26/caylee.mom.bond.ap/index.html

Apparently Casey Anthony actually wanted to give Caylee up for adoption but her mother talked her into keeping her. Its been a bit over 2 months since anyone has last seen Caylee.

Repeat
26 Aug 2008, 10:09am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/26/caylee.mom.bond.ap/index.html

Apparently Casey Anthony actually wanted to give Caylee up for adoption but her mother talked her into keeping her. Its been a bit over 2 months since anyone has last seen Caylee.

I'd be very surprised if that poor little girl is alive. I think the mother killed her accidently...and has convinced herself that it's okay or something. She's nutso.

I hope I'm wrong.

SpikedRocker
26 Aug 2008, 10:11am
I'd be very surprised if that poor little girl is alive. I think the mother killed her accidently...and has convinced herself that it's okay or something. She's nutso.

I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah thats what I am thinking..I hope I am wrong too.