PDA

View Full Version : 3 Actors, Give Heath Ledgers Daughter $$$

Itendtokill
20 Aug 2008, 01:18pm
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/matilda-ledgers-guardian-angels/85?nc

How nice of collin, johnny, and that other person to give the money they make on heaths last film to his daughter because he hadn't updated his will.

LegalSmash
20 Aug 2008, 01:29pm
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/matilda-ledgers-guardian-angels/85?nc

How nice of collin, johnny, and that other person to give the money they make on heaths last film to his daughter because he hadn't updated his will.

Their attorneys are retards or they are uber rich to do that. Its a gift large enough to incur taxes, further, as his biological and ascertained daughter, she gets a cut despite what the will says, unless he explicitly wrote her out... which is something not many have the balls to do.

Itendtokill
20 Aug 2008, 01:33pm
Maybe they were good friends? Maybe they felt bad? Johnny and collin are fairly rich anyway lol

LegalSmash
20 Aug 2008, 01:43pm
Maybe they were good friends? Maybe they felt bad? Johnny and collin are fairly rich anyway lol

Yes, but the tax ramifications to the child of giving OVER 10K is generally detrimental to her financial well being if her mom is a financial fucktard.

Their actors though, i don't expect them to be bright.

Italian Jew
20 Aug 2008, 01:57pm
I thought there was a $1 million gift exemption. There is a gift amount of like $10k to $12k per year for an individual and if the donor goes over that amount, the excess is counted towards the exemption and after it exceeds $1 million, you have to pay the taxes.

They also might not give all the money right away. Each donor could give $10k to $12k a year and not incur any taxes whatsoever. Also they could give more and keep the excess total under $1 million.

Zael
20 Aug 2008, 01:57pm
I was just telling the truth, no need to throw your precious oil on me!

Italian Jew
20 Aug 2008, 02:18pm
I was just telling the truth, no need to throw your precious oil on me!

Wrong thread maybe?

Red
20 Aug 2008, 02:21pm
Trolls get confused

LegalSmash
20 Aug 2008, 02:39pm
I thought there was a $1 million gift exemption. There is a gift amount of like $10k to $12k per year for an individual and if the donor goes over that amount, the excess is counted towards the exemption and after it exceeds $1 million, you have to pay the taxes.

They also might not give all the money right away. Each donor could give $10k to $12k a year and not incur any taxes whatsoever. Also they could give more and keep the excess total under $1 million.

Here is the way it works, roughly:

Donor (guy who gives) generally is responsible for paying the gift tax, except for special arrangements, where the Donee (guy who receives) may AGREE to pay the tax instead.

Any transfer to an individual, directly, or indirectly, where full consideration (something of value) is not received in return.

Certain gifts ar generally not taxable such as:
Gifts valuing no more than the annual exclusion for the calendar year (go by tax year) this can be money or something worth money.
Tuition or medical expenses (their own exclusion)
Gift to Spouse
Gift to political Orgs
Charity

annual exclusion per gift is 12K as of 2006-07, as this kid is neither one of their wives, or for that matter, a political organization, the only manner that they can give her the money is through the exception for tuition, unless the kid has real medical problems.

It may be beneficial for these benevolent tards to work with the kids lawyer and rep and set up a trust in her benefit, to avoid mommy from taking the money and spending it on cock and crank.

These guys have more than enough money to give her the money AND pay the gift tax, and if they did, well, good for them, although, that kid is still going to get a cut from daddys will, despite what the media wants to drum otherwise.

barackobama
20 Aug 2008, 07:11pm
Ahhh, good stuff..

Sure she can get her dads money some how :O

jeN
20 Aug 2008, 07:20pm
It may be beneficial for these benevolent tards to work with the kids lawyer and rep and set up a trust in her benefit, to avoid mommy from taking the money and spending it on cock and crank.

Her mom is an actress though, so she has her own money to waste of drugs and penis.

Either way, I think it's a nice gesture despite it not being very well thought out. I'm sure Heath's parents would open a trust for their granddaughter knowing how much Heath cared for her. The little girl will probably be better off money wise than most people, and the money could have gone towards charity or something.

LegalSmash
20 Aug 2008, 07:31pm
Her mom is an actress though, so she has her own money to waste of drugs and penis.

Either way, I think it's a nice gesture despite it not being very well thought out. I'm sure Heath's parents would open a trust for their granddaughter knowing how much Heath cared for her. The little girl will probably be better off money wise than most people, and the money could have gone towards charity or something.

Lol. Charity? Really? Why?

jeN
20 Aug 2008, 07:37pm
Lol. Charity? Really? Why?

or something.

Idk, just seemed a waste to me considering her grandparents are obviously going to help her, along with her actress mother. She doesn't need the money. Another spoiled child to end up like Nicole Ritchie/Paris Hilton/Every other socialite. :thumbup1:

I just meant it's a nice gesture but a complete waste.

Repeat
20 Aug 2008, 07:39pm
or something.

Lets start the "give money to repeat so he can buy some cool shit" fund!

LitKey
20 Aug 2008, 07:50pm
Odds are this is just a PR stunt to hype up the last Heath Ledger movie, sadly. :glare:

Itendtokill
20 Aug 2008, 09:32pm
I figured she would be able to get money with or without a will cause shes his child. To bad he died, great actor