PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz Prison Break Idea

SpikedRocker
19 Aug 2008, 09:09am
I've been throwing this idea around in my head for a few days now, I'd like some input and feed back on it.

I'd like to design the map to be simular to the actual island.

I'd have the normal jail block "Broadway" as the T spawn. Solitary confinement, could be a single T spawn that is stuck inside till someone pushes the button to let him out. The up-side to spawning there is that you are given a weapon of somesort.
CT's spawn at the officers club and Wardens office. The Warden's office would be a distance from the jail block, the upside to this is the "warden" would have an AWP or m249. If the T's start to over take the island the wardens office can be locked down as a last stand for the CT's. T's would have to find a way into the office to kill the rest of the CT's.
There would be a power plant a distance from the jail block. If the power plant is destoyed, it kills all the lights on the island, opens all cells in the jail block (even the solitary) and triggers a timer for complete lockdown of the jail block, so T's would have to excape to the island before they are locked in.
If the power house is destroyed, CT's can make their way to the lighthouse to "restore power" and force the timer to expire and lock remaining T's in the jail house and sets off poison gas to kill all inside.
There would be a secret excape boat waiting for any t's lucky enough to find it. The boat leaves at a desginated time and if a T is on the boat it takes him to a place to set a nuke, signifies the failure of CT's to keep a prisoner on the island.

Any other ideas or suggestions. I figure a good mix of prison break and escape maps would be a fun change of events for all to enjoy. I plan to start on this map after I fix and release my deathrun map (which should be sometime by the end of the week)

barackobama
19 Aug 2008, 09:12am
Sounds great mate.

Widow
19 Aug 2008, 09:12am
Yeah sounds sick m8

Eldest
19 Aug 2008, 10:49am
I hope you are not going to name it ba_jail_alcatraz_v1, cause that's my map.
http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8134&page=2.
Anyway, I'm a bit ahead of you with this prison break/escape thing, but if you do make this map, it would be great, cause then we would have 2 different prison break/escape maps on the servers! So when people get bored of one escape, they can switch to the other one etc. I like your ideas very much, good luck with your map:laugh:

SpikedRocker
19 Aug 2008, 11:39am
Anyway, I'm a bit ahead of you with this prison break/escape thing, but if you do make this map, it would be great, cause then we would have 2 different prison break/escape maps on the servers! So when people get bored of one escape, they can switch to the other one etc. I like your ideas very much, good luck with your map:laugh:

Ah, I thought someone had an idea before me, maybe thats where a few of my influences came from :X. I'll definatly make it a unique name different than the one you got, that way there shouldn't be any confusion.

SpikedRocker
20 Aug 2008, 07:44am
how do you guys feel with having more set roles for T's? At the beginning of each round each T has a specific role to preform to make things interesting. Like if I T had a gun, with one bullet in it, his role would be to head shot a guard. It would have to be close range for a kill shot but its possible. If we turned on FF, then the T could shank each other. If you think these are good ideas, I need more role ideas to make it work. I'd like to have on T have a "key" to unlock the Isolated cell but I am not sure how to go about it. If that is possible then it should be possible to unlock other fuctions of the map that is needed. All I can think of is a well hidden button to act like a key. I've got a design layed out for this map so I can get movin quite fast with it. Send me ideas!

Suri
20 Aug 2008, 07:57am

Does not hurt to have more then one map with the same idea.

Spiked I really like everything you have listed in this map. I wonder if we could get some one like ButterKnife to help work on this?

All his maps a really good, and detailed like this.

SpikedRocker
20 Aug 2008, 08:05am
I'm all about that...the way I've drawed it up its gonna be huge in size and be very complex.

Chobber
20 Aug 2008, 08:13am
Sweet - you got a sketch of it? You could send a PM to me with details etc and I could give my thoughts about it ... If you like ;)

SpikedRocker
20 Aug 2008, 08:27am
Sweet - you got a sketch of it? You could send a PM to me with details etc and I could give my thoughts about it ... If you like ;)

Sure I'll photoshop my rough idea and post it up here when I get home.

SpikedRocker
20 Aug 2008, 12:23pm
Here are some sketches of the layout of the map.

Chobber
20 Aug 2008, 02:04pm
Aight, I got some questions..
But I will start by stating that I have never been in america, and dont know anything really about alcatraz, other than its a former prison on an island near SanFran..

Will the area around the wardens house and lighthouse be outside with access from the office area?
Will you make the map 'authentic' to the 'real thing'?
Is that the final layout (except for possible vents?)? If so, I would suggest making more rooms and making easier access between the given rooms to enhance gameplay variation..

But looking good!

SpikedRocker
20 Aug 2008, 02:30pm
Aight, I got some questions..
But I will start by stating that I have never been in america, and dont know anything really about alcatraz, other than its a former prison on an island near SanFran..

Will the area around the wardens house and lighthouse be outside with access from the office area?
Will you make the map 'authentic' to the 'real thing'?
Is that the final layout (except for possible vents?)? If so, I would suggest making more rooms and making easier access between the given rooms to enhance gameplay variation..

But looking good!

Yeah the wardens house, lighthouse, the power house, and play yard are outside. You access the wardens house and lighthouse from the office area. Power house and play yard are accessed from the cell block.

Its pretty much gonna be a minuture scale version of the island.

Yeah theres gonna be more rooms or passageways and stuff. Under the main cell block is a dungon that will be fun.

Dracula
20 Aug 2008, 03:38pm
Omg what kind of dungeon :/

SpikedRocker
20 Aug 2008, 07:13pm
The dungeon is a secret :-P

Heres some pictures of todays progress.

Picture one is the cells.
Picture two is from ground level looking down "Broadway".
Picture three is one of my custom made spiral stairs.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
21 Aug 2008, 12:29am
so is it escape or regular prison break, it would suck for that lucky t who has found the boat and the round ends as soon as hes in, and would suck for the t's who have the cts cornered and the place is blown up cuz some guy found the boat

andre1028
21 Aug 2008, 01:18am
How about you both (Spike & Eldest) work on one map? Alot faster and easier for the both of you.

Chobber
21 Aug 2008, 01:38am
Looking good, Spiked! Looking really good!

I'll think of more questions to evaluate your ideas, as we go :)

Oh, and Andre, I think they are working on 2 different ideas here - so let them just do each of their own :P

Eldest
21 Aug 2008, 02:26am
The idea of the map is pretty much same for me and Spiked, but the means to escape is a lot different. Also, if we would work on the same map, we would have 1 escape map, but right now, we will have 2 different escape maps!:thumbup:

SpikedRocker
21 Aug 2008, 03:24am
so is it escape or regular prison break, it would suck for that lucky t who has found the boat and the round ends as soon as hes in, and would suck for the t's who have the cts cornered and the place is blown up cuz some guy found the boat

Its a mix of prison break and escape. If the round is played correctly, to get to the boat should take like 5 minutes from time of release from the cell. Plus its the CT's job to make sure no T escapes from the jail. I plan to make the route to the boat pretty darn hard and maybe what I can do to prevent early nukes is once the T pushes the button to launch the boat send out a message saying that someone has found the boat, have the boat leave 30 seconds later. One good thing I've even thought about is the boat would be scene from the outside the prison. A good CT with AWP could snipe the boat preventing the guy from pushing the button to launch the nuke. Also, just thought of this while writing. Maybe after so long the boat leaves no matter what and if you don't make it to it, you don't make it.

El hombre
21 Aug 2008, 08:46am
Cant ct's just camp the boat then ?

SpikedRocker
21 Aug 2008, 10:27am
Cant ct's just camp the boat then ?

The boat is gonna be well hidden and not directly seen by either team till its already left. I plan to make it very hard to use the boat as described.

El hombre
21 Aug 2008, 01:07pm
k looks like a nice plan then :)