PDA

View Full Version : Musharraf Steps Down as President

SpikedRocker
18 Aug 2008, 06:43am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/18/musharraf.address/index.html

He is given safe passage out of country. Aparently he is just gonna go into exile. I wonder how Pakistan will do now that one of America's supporters in that country is now gone.

LegalSmash
18 Aug 2008, 07:11am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/18/musharraf.address/index.html

He is given safe passage out of country. Aparently he is just gonna go into exile. I wonder how Pakistan will do now that one of America's supporters in that country is now gone.

Well, there are a few possibilities, I think. First, it may not do much to imperil US/Pakistani relations, maybe the next person is as acceptable. On the other hand, you could end up with a Khomeini like religiously deluded fucktard, which hates the US, and hides EVEN MOAR terrorists than it has in the past. My last possibility is that the country gets an isolationist (lets just deal with our own shit) styled president, who pulls pakistan out of the world eye and allows for a bit of stability to occur before jumping back into the world stage and the issues currently at hand in that region.

I'll be honest, I never really liked pervez, or anyone else that takes over by military coup, whether or not he is considered a pseudo ally... his refusal to allow us to track bin laden or al qaeda in his mountainsides, or to do anything about the issue himself makes me think that perhaps he did not have anything more than a cursory intent to be an ally in the WOT. The fact he held power as the product of a coup created a vast degree of tension, which in the end, makes dealing with pakistan similar to fucking a married woman with a very angry, short, hairy, and eternally short tempered husband, 4 minutes before he goes up the room you are porking his wife in.

LitKey
18 Aug 2008, 12:13pm
I saw this on Drudge this morning, I thought it would be the big headline but it wasn't. Hopefully an even better moderate Muslim, i.e. someone who doesn't want to cut our heads off AND wants to work with the USA will be the next person to seize power.