PDA

View Full Version : More Right-Wing smears

tehsnipes
15 Aug 2008, 12:20pm
Swift boat author Jeremy Corsi now writes a book of lies about Obama. http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed2/idUSN1532707120080815.

I'm curious to hear all your responses, you'll probably justify this book. This guy wrote a book to question John Kerry's service during Vietnam which is hilarious because your precious Bush skipped out entirely on Vietnam staying home with Daddy.

Red
15 Aug 2008, 12:24pm
Book of lies?

Saying "That's a lie!" doesn't make it so.

I like how you have to throw in a bit of Bush bashing that has nothing to do with anything. If Kerry hadn't lied about his service it wouldn't have been an Issue.

Bush dodged going to Vietnam, so what, he didn't lie about it at least.

At least he did some sort of service, sorry he wasn't such a great military man like Bill Clinton.....oh wait.

broncoty
15 Aug 2008, 12:24pm
I would suggest not posting things like this.

Red
15 Aug 2008, 12:26pm
Especially since he's so concerned of "Flaming".

tehsnipes
15 Aug 2008, 12:28pm
for being on the board of directors or an advisor is one of the prerequisites to be a right-wing extremist? I've noticed a quite a trend.....Plus Tampon, I challenge you to find a strand of truth in that book. I wasn;t Bush bashing, it has everything to do with the argument. How was kerry lying about his service??

Red
15 Aug 2008, 12:30pm
No, it's just a shock to liberals when they discover that the whole world doesn't think like them and that we actually do exist.

As much as you may hate us there is a reason why we still manage to win elections. We may not paste our cars with as many bumper stickers as you guys, but that doesn't mean we aren't out there.

*You created this thread, you provide me with one lie in the book.

Italian Jew
15 Aug 2008, 12:49pm
http://mediamatters.org/items/200808040005

This site has a few of those lies you were looking for.

And conservatism is popular because of traditions and self interest. Its for those who are happy with their lives and don't want anything to change because they don't want to lose their status. The reason why Republicans can win elections is because of a fear of change or a fear of losing what you have. While the concept itself is not bad, people who try to uphold these values are often blind if something doesn't work and need change. Liberals on the other hand do value change, which is risky. Some people do not want to take the risk while others are compelled to think change is a necessary risk in the current situation.

Its not the concept that is wrong, it is the people. It is just an idea that gets twisted to one's own good much like every other political faction or party out there. Somebody gains while somebody loses. It is the simple course of events in the world because it is just a competition between people, not ideas.

People like Jeremy Corsi don't understand this. They are pig headed in one direction and believe one wrong means a total wrong while not even recognizing their own wrongs. If you support anything and think it is completely good (or if you against something and think it is completely bad), then you are a fucking fool.

Red
15 Aug 2008, 01:59pm
And conservatism is popular because of traditions and self interest. Its for those who are happy with their lives and don't want anything to change because they don't want to lose their status.

Yes, god forbid that we want to keep what we and our families have worked hard to attain and provide for ourselves. How fucking awful of us.

How fucking awful that my father, the youngest of 5 from a single mother worked from as early as he could, then VOLUNTEERED to fight in Vietnam for TWO tours, then went to college on a scholarship, then went to GRAD school at both Georgetown and Columbia on a scholarship and then worked his way up to where he is now.

How awful that my AUnts and Uncles fled communist Vietnam on fucking boats to WORK THEIR ASSES Off, going to night school, working two jobs, learning new languages, earning degrees all at the same time just to be able to start working towards their own financial independence and security they couldn't achieve under more "Sharing and caring" governments.

How dare they want to keep all that they have worked their collective asses off for to give their children a better upbringing.

Heaven forbid we don't want leaders that would take away what we work for and hand it to others who could give a rats ass to actually work or try to support themselves.

How selfish of us to reap what we sow.

Itch
15 Aug 2008, 02:17pm
Yes, god forbid that we want to keep what we and our families have worked hard to attain and provide for ourselves. How fucking awful of us.

How fucking awful that my father, the youngest of 5 from a single mother worked from as early as he could, then VOLUNTEERED to fight in Vietnam for TWO tours, then went to college on a scholarship, then went to GRAD school at both Georgetown and Columbia on a scholarship and then worked his way up to where he is now.

How awful that my AUnts and Uncles fled communist Vietnam on fucking boats to WORK THEIR ASSES Off, going to night school, working two jobs, learning new languages, earning degrees all at the same time just to be able to start working towards their own financial independence and security they couldn't achieve under more "Sharing and caring" governments.

How dare they want to keep all that they have worked their collective asses off for to give their children a better upbringing.

Heaven forbid we don't want leaders that would take away what we work for and hand it to others who could give a rats ass to actually work or try to support themselves.

How selfish of us to reap what we sow.

QFT

broncoty
15 Aug 2008, 02:39pm
for being on the board of directors or an advisor is one of the prerequisites to be a right-wing extremist? I've noticed a quite a trend.....Plus Tampon, I challenge you to find a strand of truth in that book. I wasn;t Bush bashing, it has everything to do with the argument. How was kerry lying about his service??

This community owes much of its success to red tampon and all those "right wing extremists."

You and Italian jew on the other hand, have done nothing.

Maybe it should be a requirement.

Red
15 Aug 2008, 02:42pm
This community owes much of its success to red tampon and all those "right wing extremists."

Nice summation of our country

LegalSmash
15 Aug 2008, 03:16pm
TehSnipes and Teh Jonas Brothers have a lot in common. http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Jonas_Brothers

Italian Jew
15 Aug 2008, 04:20pm

Yes, not breaking the rules on the servers, pointing out when there are hackers/rule breakers to admins, being a good sport on the servers, was an admin that didn't abuse his powers (gasp!)....I know, I haven't done a damn thing. Now I know I don't pay $10 a month like you guys decide to, but I don't think it is worth it. You're not any better because you pay, so relax. Any sound person can do what you do here. It isn't a special talent.

This community isn't too much to be proud anymore because a community implies everyone has an equal say in what goes on. You have a hierarchy that thinks its above everyone else and the rules. You have a few good admins and higher ups who actually act like this is a community and don't wet themselves over their abilities, but you have plenty of admins and higher ups who are high on their power.

If I had started a flame thread, I would've been banned for a while from the servers, or at least the thread would have been removed (but I guess you pay $10 a month for a reason).

Repeat
15 Aug 2008, 04:23pm
but you have plenty of admins and higher ups who are high on their power.

I'm high on life!

Italian Jew
15 Aug 2008, 04:35pm
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/5647/after20walking20on20airoa8.jpg