PDA

View Full Version : Media Bias

broncoty
13 Aug 2008, 09:20pm
This is to shut the jew up, due to his obvious lack of cognitive function.

http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/polisci/faculty/groseclose/Media.Bias.8.htm

PotshotPolka
13 Aug 2008, 09:25pm

....A mathematical formula for the bias rate/ratio of news outlets. And this is an accurate objective chart on what grounds?

broncoty
13 Aug 2008, 09:28pm
....A mathematical formula for the bias rate/ratio of news outlets. And this is an accurate objective chart on what grounds?

Feel free to post a more credible scientific source.

Red
13 Aug 2008, 09:45pm
http://youmeworks.com/Resources/MediaB24.gif

^ Undeniable scientific proof

broncoty
13 Aug 2008, 09:46pm

haha of course its a circle, and circles are all knowing

Dracula
13 Aug 2008, 09:50pm

To bad the best part of the circle is also the smallest.:mad:

Italian Jew
13 Aug 2008, 10:25pm

Shut me up for saying what?

And go for a "shut Jew up" approach instead of the "shut the jew up". You make the word sound condescending and offensive if you do it the second way.

I would also point out the ineffectiveness of that research. It isn't that easy to translate qualitative data into quantitative data, hence any research where this is the case shouldn't be taken as definite or citable. Having a number to reflect an opinion is in itself another opinion and leads to a mistranslation of the data. While it is an interesting paper, I don't think you can stick an instrument up someone's ass and say they have an ADA score of 95 and say they are very liberal.

Red
13 Aug 2008, 11:49pm
And go for a "shut Jew up" approach instead of the "shut the jew up". You make the word sound condescending and offensive if you do it the second way.

You fucking name is italian jew, I mean shit, look at your god damned avatar

Don't get all PC about your fucking name and jewish background now.

broncoty
14 Aug 2008, 12:00am
Shut me up for saying what?

I would also point out the ineffectiveness of that research. It isn't that easy to translate qualitative data into quantitative data, hence any research where this is the case shouldn't be taken as definite or citable. Having a number to reflect an opinion is in itself another opinion and leads to a mistranslation of the data. While it is an interesting paper, I don't think you can stick an instrument up someone's ass and say they have an ADA score of 95 and say they are very liberal.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/236877_f260.jpg

Italian Jew
14 Aug 2008, 01:11am
There is a difference saying "hey Jew" and "hey you jew". One is derogatory. I don't know how much more basic I can make that for you guys.

And you also failed to mention why this is to shut me up...again

Red
14 Aug 2008, 01:19am
What's wrong with calling you the jew.

It's like calling me the asian

Or calling ambulancia the black guy

Italian Jew
14 Aug 2008, 01:33am
well, saying "shut the jew up" implies something negative. He could have so easily used "shut Italian Jew up" or even "shut Jew up". It was a deliberate insult at my heritage.

Saying "shut the black guy up" or "shut the asian up" doesn't sound all peachy either, does it?

Furthermore, I thought we didn't allow personal attacks/flame bait as threads, especially if it is aimed at something I did not even mention. We have the ability to PM for a reason. If the standards of admins, or advisors in this case, is slipping, please tell the entire forum so we know they don't have to abide by the rules we all do.

If you do not understand, fine. I don't have forever to make you understand some form of morality. I would prefer if you would call me by my name, not mentioning my heritage as if it was something bad.

Red
14 Aug 2008, 01:52am
If my username was "Italian Asian" or "Black Frenchy" and someone said "shut the asian or the black guy up" then I see nothing wrong with it.

When you use your ethnicity/background as part of your name and frequently reference said background, you cannot act outraged when someone refers to you as 'the jew'. Let's face it, you are in fact 'the jew' around here, especially when it comes to the news and politics forum.

My morality is fine. I however am not bound by sensitivity or political correctness. I don't equate being PC with being Moral. So don't act as if you're some how morally superior because you now choose to be personally offended by the insertion of the word "the" when he was talking about you.

And please explain what the fuck "DO THE JEW!" means, it seems insensitive to me.

Italian Jew
14 Aug 2008, 02:09am
Referred to in the way as "shut the jew up". It was meant in a derogatory way. If you cannot see this then you are fucking blind. Stop being fucking buddy buddy.

In my entire time at this forum and in the servers, nobody has called me "the jew". They use common sense and understand, "hey, I'm not going to classify this guy based on his heritage". Everyone says "hey Jew". They are referring to my name and not using my heritage as an insult.

Anybody ever go up to you and say, "hey, you asian!" and talk to you like you were something inferior. Has anybody on this forum ever done that to you? It is fucking insulting to use someone's heritage in a derogatory way.

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or worthless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."
^
That is the first forum rule. I can understand stuff getting a little out of hand and have seen everyone let rudeness and insults go by in posts in threads, but the thread was started as an insult, a personal attack, and a completely inflammatory and pointless post.

All of this could've been avoided by him going to a PM and bringing it up with me (which I have been told to do by Litkey and others when it is something solely about that person and not about the topic of a thread). Follow your own damn rules.

Please delete or lock this thread before it gets even more out of hand than it already is and if you have any questions or comments just PM me about them.

EDIT: For "Do the Jew!", it is a play on words for "Do the Dew" (obviously). It isn't insulting anything or anyone, at least not to my knowledge because NOBODY has ever said anything of it. If this bothers you so much (you're not even Jewish, but whatever floats your boat) I will change to something else. Anything else you want to try?

Repeat
14 Aug 2008, 07:21am
I'm sick and tired of all this PC bullshit. I can't handle it anymore.

If someone is black, they're black. If they're a Jew, what's wrong with calling them a Jew? Now I would see a problem if you were calling the black guy a n-word, or telling the Jew to go back to a concentration camp, that shit is BAD. That could be offensive.

If being called The Jew makes you feel inferior, it's not because of us - it's because you feel inferior all ready and have to lash out about it. You happen to be the liberal that I respect the most on these forums (granted the pool wasn't of a super high standard ;) )

I don't think you're inferior because you're Jewish.

I think you're inferior because your a liberal! :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Hehehehe

Shorter Version:

Political Correctness is bullshit.

PotshotPolka
14 Aug 2008, 07:56am
Uh......... yeah.

Repeat
14 Aug 2008, 08:34am
No, it's a lot worse. What's bullshit, however, is this thread.

Over in the UK you have to be a lot more careful than the US, right? I've heard that some Muslim communities get offended at the drop of a hat, (the picture of a puppy...), what's going on over there man? It's getting worse than normal here in the states.

GrayFox
14 Aug 2008, 08:37am
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=your_stupid_ideas

First of all, the label "African American" is the dumbest, most persistently used phrase in our vernacular. Every time you call someone an "African American," you're making at least two assumptions about the person:

1. That the person is an American. For example, if you saw this guy walking along on a street, you would probably think:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/african_american_lol2.jpg

...which is fine, except for one small detail: this man is British, which makes you a presumptuous cock.

2. That the person is African (because it's inconceivable that black people could come from Haiti, India, Trinidad, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Australia, or Jamaica). Nevermind that; BLACK PEOPLE ONLY COME FROM AFRICA.

Not to mention that every time you give a black person the distinction of being "African American" out of a mixed group, you're making an assumption about an entire continent; not everyone from Africa is black. I guarantee all you politically correct morons out there have never called a white person an African American. Of course you could avoid all these problems by using the same standards on blacks as you would on whites by simply assuming that all whites are from Africa just as you do for all blacks, but that might be too forward, and in a polite society like ours, people would be all too pleased to point out which of the 192 countries you didn't guess they were actually from.

Note: there is no 'Arial African American' font, so I settled for the more oppressive 'Arial Black.'

broncoty
14 Aug 2008, 11:51am
come on jew it was

"for the lulz"

Red
14 Aug 2008, 01:29pm
come on jew it was

"for the lulz"

Oh well, why didn't you say that earlier, would have saved us all this grief.

Slavic
14 Aug 2008, 02:13pm
Oh well, why didn't you say that earlier, would have saved us all this grief.

damn asians...

Red
14 Aug 2008, 03:08pm
damn asians...

I don't like the way you said that, it sounded derogatory.

PotshotPolka
14 Aug 2008, 05:09pm
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-dog-pictures-biscuit-conundrum.jpg

tehsnipes
15 Aug 2008, 12:01pm
Referred to in the way as "shut the jew up". It was meant in a derogatory way. If you cannot see this then you are fucking blind. Stop being fucking buddy buddy.

In my entire time at this forum and in the servers, nobody has called me "the jew". They use common sense and understand, "hey, I'm not going to classify this guy based on his heritage". Everyone says "hey Jew". They are referring to my name and not using my heritage as an insult.

Anybody ever go up to you and say, "hey, you asian!" and talk to you like you were something inferior. Has anybody on this forum ever done that to you? It is fucking insulting to use someone's heritage in a derogatory way.

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or worthless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."
^
That is the first forum rule. I can understand stuff getting a little out of hand and have seen everyone let rudeness and insults go by in posts in threads, but the thread was started as an insult, a personal attack, and a completely inflammatory and pointless post.

All of this could've been avoided by him going to a PM and bringing it up with me (which I have been told to do by Litkey and others when it is something solely about that person and not about the topic of a thread). Follow your own damn rules.

Please delete or lock this thread before it gets even more out of hand than it already is and if you have any questions or comments just PM me about them.

EDIT: For "Do the Jew!", it is a play on words for "Do the Dew" (obviously). It isn't insulting anything or anyone, at least not to my knowledge because NOBODY has ever said anything of it. If this bothers you so much (you're not even Jewish, but whatever floats your boat) I will change to something else. Anything else you want to try?

Yeah I agree with Italian, honestly wtf?? Red Tampons "justifications" about this flaming is outright appalling. The community's approval of such bs is quite appalling. You're violating your own forum rules. Typical right-wing neocon hypocrisy. I have respect for true conservatives that don't use dirty smears and make an educated decision based on policy. This is just outright ignorant and its disturbing some people still have this kind of mindset. Broncoty, it wasn't lulz.. how old are u?

broncoty
15 Aug 2008, 12:08pm
Yeah I agree with Italian, honestly wtf?? Red Tampons "justifications" about this flaming is outright appalling. The community's approval of such bs is quite appalling. You're violating your own forum rules. Typical right-wing neocon hypocrisy. I have respect for true conservatives that don't use dirty smears and make an educated decision based on policy. This is just outright ignorant and its disturbing some people still have this kind of mindset. Broncoty, it wasn't lulz.. how old are u?

http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6807&highlight=tony+snow

Red
15 Aug 2008, 12:11pm

What in the fuck are you talking about. If you would look at Jew's past posts you would see why I and others, were thrown off my his sudden touchiness.

"Teh lulz" is Jew's creation. You want to talk about hypocrisy, take a look at you two PC police.

http://www.salagir.com/gfx/troll-web.jpg

Italian Jew
15 Aug 2008, 12:31pm
"T3h lulz" was created out of the whole me somehow calling Litkey "kiddo" in which I was banned for. I came back and made an image of the ban message with "for t3h lulz" on it. It is not something I say when I insult some admins (because the admins just insult themselves with their actions anyways).

I say it for humor, but I use it for humor that doesn't cross lines. One can claim "for t3h lulz", but it really isn't. It is just used as some form of justification for those who don't truly understand it. Don't misinterpret my own words, which by the way is some sort of fascination with you.

These guys just need some way of making them feel better and feel right. They are the higher ups, so they are "always" right. They can bend the rules, but what do I care? I am still here and I know that pisses them off even to the tiniest degree.

:rlol::rlol::rlol:

This flame thread just fails, so get over it. You can pick up a turd and call it a diamond, but it is still a turd. I hope you don't try any more impudent justifications.

Repeat
15 Aug 2008, 12:56pm

LOL.

Insinuating that we don't make educated decisions...hahaha...I guarantee that any of these 'right-wing neocon hypocrits' you speak of could beat you in a debate. In fact, we do, quite frequently. Why? Because we base our decisions on educated facts, real-life realities, and wait for it... logic.

LegalSmash
15 Aug 2008, 01:32pm

Dear Christ, I'm gone for a week and I almost miss this. First, let me say this: Tehsnipes, if anyone here is a complete, utter, fucktard troll, its you. You don't interact on Vent, you show up on the forum, say random stupid comment # 2302.A and then run off, or you get entirely butthurt about something less than important to anyone, anything. You are the equivalent of Al Sharpton, you come in, open your mouth, let a bunch of absurd shit and "students for peace" jargon fall out of your mouth like loosely formed gorilla turds, then you disappear back into the mist until the next first of the month... you are the equivalent of a forum welfare queen. Please, die in a large fire.

As to Jew:

"The Jew" put his ethnicity at issue from the second he called himself italian jew, its like me calling myself inquisitorial cuban, or floating wetback, or something equally openly disdainful of your own culture. By doing so, you opened the door for everyone else to make comments on it with little to no recourse. This would apply simularly to "asian paladin" if we said something about "the asian paladin"... you cannot bitch about the racism because you put yourself at issue.

Additionally, among this group you are neither minority nor are you alone in that status... if prompted about their religious upbringing I am sure at least one other person would identify himself as a jew... further, Jew is the term Jews prefer to be called... its not as if you have become as debased as blacks asking me to call them african american... I will not, nor will 99% of regular people, call you a hebrew - american. You are a Jew if you are... no one is calling you anything more than the identifying moniker that you chose for yourself.
For the sake of example Racism here would be calling an individual identifying himself by the exact same moniker something along the lines of:
" the Wop Heeb, the Dago Kyke, the Guinea Sheeny, or the greasy, lazy, hair gel covered, extacy popping, orange tan, fake mobster, T.O.N.Y. money-snatching-good for nothing-but-kindling-for-my-easy-bake-oven-in-Poland- waste of good lampshade skin- troll. "

No one has said any of the above dreadfully offensive, asshole puckering, hate filled venemous slurs at YOU however, they just called you the Jew... which is NOT racist.

BTW, if you REALLY wanted to apply the rules, both your name and avatar would be violative of the terms of agreement and rules on the site. "Do the Jew" appears to encourage multiple partner gangbang sex on persons of the hebrew faith... you racist rapist!

But hey, you don't really seek to apply rules equally, its not in your repetoire.

broncoty
15 Aug 2008, 02:46pm
LegalSmash will you marry me?

f u i asked first

broncoty
15 Aug 2008, 02:55pm
*bitchslap*

*gasp*

*twists nipple!*

wut now bitch hes mine

Red
15 Aug 2008, 03:14pm