PDA

View Full Version : Project:Jailbreak from Diablo

Eldest
13 Aug 2008, 02:54pm
Currently >>40%<< done.

Mappers:Eldest

About:The Alcatraz prison is full of convicts who have been sentenced to death. Their only chance is to escape and kill all the guards.
The map will include many secret spots, vents, sewers, breakable items etc.

Screenshots:

1)I have only designed the standard prison cell layout at the moment.
2)I have added some detail to the room(pipes,a desk,radio,paper).
3)Finished cell with graffiti added, pipes modified to fit with other cells.
4)Stairway connecting the 1st and 3rd floor.(The 2nd floor will be accessible by 2 stairs and 2 ladders)
//Eldest

Dark Synth
13 Aug 2008, 04:42pm
So far it looks alright.

But, in the current jailbreak maps; they all lack great detail. Like pipes, shelfs, crates. I hope this one is different.

Eldest
14 Aug 2008, 04:36am
Yes I have thought about the detail, every cell will be unique, for example, one cell might have a radio and some newspapers lying on the ground, some cells might have water pipes run through them, some cells are with a carpet and a mirror etc.

Bill Smauz
14 Aug 2008, 07:58am
I like your texture choices. But instead of the floor being metallic you think about tiled floors :thumbup:

Be Sure to make a solitary confinement area.

Blubla
14 Aug 2008, 10:24am
You should also work with the Prison models from Hl2. In my opinion they fit perfect into a jailbreak map.

Eldest
14 Aug 2008, 10:30am
You should also work with the Prison models from Hl2. In my opinion they fit perfect into a jailbreak map.

Yeah I got the sink/toilets and some other stuff from there, it's pretty neat:drool:.

Anyway, I changed the floor from metal to tile, and I have to say, it looks a lot better, thanks Bill:laugh:

PS:Does anyone know why the models end up broken or upside-down in the game, they don't touch each other or anything in the editor.

cOff-
15 Aug 2008, 04:37am
Nice
I see you have taken my ideas into action :D I will keep them coming and steal all your credit once your done !!!!

Eldest
15 Aug 2008, 05:04am
Anyway..ignoring my little retarded friend c0ff, I have made another update to the map.

It's a stairway connecting the 1st and 3rd floor. I will add some crates, another door and some lamps there as well after I have finished making the path to the CT spawn.
Also I'm thinking about changing it the name to something famous, like Alcatraz :D

Bill Smauz
15 Aug 2008, 07:27am
It would be awesome if you made a vent connected to some power room thing. The T's could break a power box and the lights in the jail went out. The the Ct's would have to start a backup generator.

Chobber
15 Aug 2008, 09:25am
I actually thought of something similiar to my map .. I just thought of a button to shut off the lights in the cell-area of my map - not a whole generator.. But its a good idea!!

Eldest
15 Aug 2008, 10:05am
It would be awesome if you made a vent connected to some power room thing. The T's could break a power box and the lights in the jail went out. The the Ct's would have to start a backup generator.

Hehe nice idea, nice addition to c0ff's flood suggestion.Thanks again Bill! Currently I'm making:

1)A working gas room
2)A maintenance room with water pipes - if you break the biggest pipe some rooms will flood.
3)Bill's idea of the generator:laugh:

Bill Smauz
15 Aug 2008, 10:08am
Hehe nice idea, nice addition to c0ff's flood suggestion.Thanks again Bill! Currently I'm making:

1)A working gas room
2)A maintenance room with water pipes - if you break the biggest pipe some rooms will flood.
3)Bill's idea of the generator:laugh:

If you have a pool and the water pipes burst the pool should drain =)

Mammal
15 Aug 2008, 10:32am
The pool drains and reveals some vents with fans in them, if you turn off the generator the fans stop and you can go through them to a place of your choice xD

Suri
15 Aug 2008, 10:38am
If you can get all this to work it should be a great map.

And Bill you need to make a Prison Break Map.

Bill Smauz
15 Aug 2008, 11:29am
If you can get all this to work it should be a great map.

And Bill you need to make a Prison Break Map.

Im more of a Zombie map maker :001_smile: after I finish omega I have some really great scary map ideas.

Eldest
15 Aug 2008, 03:57pm
Damn this map is getting huge, I wonder if some people will get lost, rofl:rlol:

Cranks
16 Aug 2008, 08:29am
RICK ROLL ROOOOOM!!!!!

that would be epic some sort of prision time out room that had a radio playing Rick Roll

Eldest
16 Aug 2008, 08:50am
RICK ROLL ROOOOOM!!!!!

that would be epic some sort of prision time out room that had a radio playing Rick Roll

lol:laugh:.

Anyway, I'm planning this->

1)Prisoners must drain the pool, revealing some vents
2)They must follow the vents to a generator room, cutting power in the whole jail
3)Now the electric wire covering the outer walls deactivates, and prisoners can climb over the wall
4)Now they must escape the island with a boat!

Tell me what you think, I might need some help with this too:glare:

Cranks
17 Aug 2008, 04:39am
lol:laugh:.

Anyway, I'm planning this->

1)Prisoners must drain the pool, revealing some vents
2)They must follow the vents to a generator room, cutting power in the whole jail
3)Now they electric wire covering the outer walls deactivates, and prisoners can climb over the wall
4)Now they must escape the island with a boat!

Tell me what you think, I might need some help with this too:glare:

Now that's what I call prison break! DO IT!!!!!

Eldest
17 Aug 2008, 06:52am
I'll do my best, but I warn you the first version might be horrible, since this is actually my first map. But don't worry, I do my work correctly, not sloppy:001_tongue:

Eldest
21 Aug 2008, 02:42am
So, I know I haven't posted any screenshots lately, that doesn't mean I haven't been working on the map! It's getting huge already, and I got many more ideas to put in it. Anyway, here are some shots of the cafeteria.

mat_fullbright1, this is NOT the real lighting!

Chobber
21 Aug 2008, 03:08am
Looking good eldest!

Eldest
21 Aug 2008, 04:34am
By the way guys, if you would like your name added to a cell as graffiti, make your graffiti with photoshop, be sure that the background is transparent, convert it to a texture and pack it as a .rar for me, and I will add it to my map!:wink:

Daze
21 Aug 2008, 05:27am
hehe, i'll make some tonight for you.

Eldest
21 Aug 2008, 03:54pm
More screenshots(all mat_fullbright 1):
1)First Aid - You regen 2hp/s here.
2)The main cell block
3)From the 3rd floor
4)A luxury cell.

Edit:Just noticed the 2 last pictures are a bit fucked up. Sorry about that, mspaint thing :P.
I might change some textures(like the stairs) and add more detail.

Mammal
23 Aug 2008, 04:58am
Looking good mate, keep up the good work.

Target
24 Aug 2008, 03:46pm
Is it going ot be on an island surrounded by harmful water? you should make it have a sanfranciso back drop and the other three back sides make it like endless ocean

Eldest
25 Aug 2008, 01:58am
Is it going ot be on an island surrounded by harmful water? you should make it have a sanfranciso back drop and the other three back sides make it like endless ocean

Yes, the jail will be on an island.:wink:
I am about 40&#37; done, right now I'm working on the pool room, water maintenance room, a little bit of dungeon and sewer.

Suri
25 Aug 2008, 08:52am
It's looking good. Now keep working on it so we can have it by midnight tonight!!!!!

Eldest
25 Aug 2008, 11:14am
New update:Random weapon spawns. Now CTs have to look in every single cell to find the hidden Usps.BIG THANKS to Repus for this.

PS:I might yet again rename the map to something like ba_jail_island_v1, because there is a ba_jail_alcatraz_beta5 on FPSBANANA.

Repus
25 Aug 2008, 02:51pm
Eldest your letting Suri down, its almost midnight

Gray
30 Aug 2008, 02:33am
Yes I have thought about the detail, every cell will be unique, for example, one cell might have a radio and some newspapers lying on the ground, some cells might have water pipes run through them, some cells are with a carpet and a mirror etc.

Insane asylum room with PILLOW WALLS THAT MAKE YOU BOUNCE!!! :D:D:D:D

For those with ADHD

XeNo
31 Aug 2008, 02:40am
I hate to sound like a pest.

The map is quite huge for a 24 person map. There would have to be about 10 CT's to guard 3 entire floors, vent area's and others, along with the fact that the bottom floor appears to have a door leading to stairs? It'd be almost easy for T's to escape the prison, or guards would just leave the cells alone and guard the escape boat.

My opinion leave it at 2 floors, maybe a basement area with very limited access to it like one stairway...When you have a map with that many rooms, it's that many hiding spots for T's, more ambush points for T's and the guns being in random rooms it's that much easier to kill a guard, which on that map would be a very valuable loss considering the amount of crap they have to guard to make sure T's can't escape.

On top of that, T's most likely won't end up ever escaping since there would be so much crap they'd have to do first just to get to the boat, they'd probably just end up killing all the guards since it would be faster.

Edit: I suppose I'll wait for it to come out first rather than expecting you to change all of it so late. Good luck with the map.

Eldest
31 Aug 2008, 02:50am
I hate to sound like a pest.

The map is quite huge for a 24 person map. There would have to be about 10 CT's to guard 3 entire floors, vent area's and others, along with the fact that the bottom floor appears to have a door leading to stairs? It'd be almost easy for T's to escape the prison, or guards would just leave the cells alone and guard the escape boat.

My opinion leave it at 2 floors, maybe a basement area with very limited access to it like one stairway...When you have a map with that many rooms, it's that many hiding spots for T's, more ambush points for T's and the guns being in random rooms it's that much easier to kill a guard, which on that map would be a very valuable loss considering the amount of crap they have to guard to make sure T's can't escape.

On top of that, T's most likely won't end up ever escaping since there would be so much crap they'd have to do first just to get to the boat, they'd probably just end up killing all the guards since it would be faster.

Edit: I suppose I'll wait for it to come out first rather than expecting you to change all of it so late. Good luck with the map.

I think it's too late to lose a whole floor but you have a good point actually. I will try to balance the game for CT now :|

SpikedRocker
1 Sep 2008, 04:30am
Insane asylum room with PILLOW WALLS THAT MAKE YOU BOUNCE!!! :D:D:D:D

For those with ADHD

I think I might steal this idea for my map XD and title it Gray's Room

Trip
17 Sep 2008, 12:26pm
I think I might steal this idea for my map XD and title it Gray's Room

no progress?

Eldest
17 Sep 2008, 01:19pm
Trip since you bumped this thread, I might as well say that I don't know when I will finish this project guys, I'm extremely busy with other stuff atm

Repus
17 Sep 2008, 01:32pm
You gotta put projects to line! If you do same time, you will make mistakes.

Eldest
17 Sep 2008, 02:23pm
I'm not doing any projects at the moment, school first.

Repus
17 Sep 2008, 02:42pm
Hah, i love being out of school.

Lichen
21 Sep 2008, 09:36pm
the light thing is a good idea but it also severly taxes the source engine

Eldest
4 Oct 2008, 01:56pm
Production has continued:partydance::partydance:

Repus
4 Oct 2008, 02:00pm
yay ftw!!! tell me when you need testers

Henrik
9 Oct 2008, 07:11am
tell me too if you need testers :D

Saxe
9 Oct 2008, 09:08am
looks slick mate - can't wait to try it out :)