PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Vista to XP

GrayFox
8 Aug 2008, 10:52pm
I know theres the other thread, but thats gone downhill. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact steps of switching my pc from Vista to XP. Its a custom made PC that I installed Vista on, so its never run XP. I have an external hard drive that I can move any files I need onto.

Cooki3Monsta
8 Aug 2008, 10:57pm
First thing you need to do is get the windows xp drivers for your hardware then add them to a cd/usb flash drive. Obviously you need to save your important files. Also make sure you have the cd's for all your software. I'm guessing you have a windows xp disk unless vista has some function which allows you to downgrade it.

GrayFox
9 Aug 2008, 06:24am
No I'd need to go out and buy one. Now how exactly do I get the xp drivers and add them?

Cooki3Monsta
9 Aug 2008, 06:28am
You should know the company that made all your parts if you built it lol if you don't let me know. You have to download them (drivers) & move them to a blank cd.

GrayFox
9 Aug 2008, 06:30am
Uh Its a GeForce 8800 Video card and ASUS nForce 570 Series motherboard.

Cooki3Monsta
9 Aug 2008, 07:41am
looooool ok uh download this program > http://www.cpuid.com/download/pcw2008_v1852.exe Then run it & it will tell you your computer details & post a screenshot of that & I will link you to all your drivers.