PDA

View Full Version : Tool ftw!

Aaron117
8 Aug 2008, 05:56am
I'm most recently been flabbergasted that I've never seen someone post something about the legendary band Tool, for their metaphyical being life songs.

I am shocked SG community :(
Anyway, I want people to discuss about the band Tool, and talk about their top 5 songs.

Mine:
Third eye
Lateralus
Prison Sex
Grudge
Sober
:)

(Reason for this thread exsisting is that a lot of people don't know about the band Tool, SOOOOOO I want them to learn some great music with actual meaning of their lyrical ways)

-Aaron-

SOLANUM
8 Aug 2008, 07:52am
They're pretty cool, never took the time to listen to any of their songs all the way through, but from what I've heard they're pretty damn good.

GrayFox
8 Aug 2008, 08:58am
The White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age, and Tool are my top three. Jack White is one of THE best guitarists to come around.

I posted that in the what do you listen to. And my favorites would be

Jambi
The Pot
Eulogy
Vicarious
Hooker With a Penis
10,000 Days (I like how the song builds up the whole duration)

Red
8 Aug 2008, 09:31am
I'm most recently been flabbergasted that I've never seen someone post something about the legendary band Tool, for their metaphyical being life songs.

-Aaron-

That's because they haven't made shit worth listening since aenima.

Lateralus and 10,000 days were works of overly long self-ingratiating narcissistic instrumentals with the guise of being "artistic" or whatever you want to call it.

And when you pay good money to see Maynard in concert and he performs the whole show with his back to you without moving because he's pissed off that people are taking pictures, he can take the 10,000 days CD and shove it up his ass.

Maybe if he didn't get distracted with APC (which after it's first album also sucked shit) he would have made better music with Tool.

Hopefully they get their shit together for their next album and don't just go into the studio and go "hey, let's play random shit for hours on end, record it and sell it".

/rant

Mammal
8 Aug 2008, 10:06am
Red, I just realised how well the two pictures in your sig go toegether.

Hehe :rlol:

BOOWY
9 Aug 2008, 12:37am
I enjoy a lot of metal and I have a great appreciation for progressive music, but I've never given Tool a try. It's strange I guess that I haven't tried one of the biggest progressive metal bands out there. I remember not liking whatever music video it was that I saw, either Schism or Parabola, the one with the blue alien thing... that might have something to do with it.

GrayFox
9 Aug 2008, 06:25am
the one with the blue alien thing...

Thats all of them :rlol:

Aaron117
9 Aug 2008, 08:09am
That's because they haven't made shit worth listening since aenima.

Lateralus and 10,000 days were works of overly long self-ingratiating narcissistic instrumentals with the guise of being "artistic" or whatever you want to call it.

And when you pay good money to see Maynard in concert and he performs the whole show with his back to you without moving because he's pissed off that people are taking pictures, he can take the 10,000 days CD and shove it up his ass.

Maybe if he didn't get distracted with APC (which after it's first album also sucked shit) he would have made better music with Tool.

Hopefully they get their shit together for their next album and don't just go into the studio and go "hey, let's play random shit for hours on end, record it and sell it".

/rant

"He can take the 10,000 days CD and shove it up his ass." I laughed at how painful that would be, ouch.
I see your point, but the Lateralus CD was excellent :<.

-Aaron-

A.C. Slater
29 Aug 2008, 01:48pm
Dude, you guys aren't real Tool fans. Real Tool Fans hate all their albums and don't listen to any other Tool song that's been liked by more then 15 people.

:wink:

Kind
10 Sep 2008, 03:01am
very intelligent band.
(alot of occult deep seeded underlying references in many songs)

Fabonacci sequencing/ Carl Jung psychology/ DMT/LSD/ NDE/OBE experiences/ Transcendence/ Spirtuality/ Sacred Geometry/
/ etc..
theres alot more i've picked up on in their music, just not popping in my head.