PDA

View Full Version : Glitch Spot Survivors

Tyrant
7 Aug 2008, 02:10am
Referring to ATIX heli, would a human using the glitch spot to survive the nuke when humans are on the heli, as well as vice versa for zombies glitching with other zombies in the heli, be considered an offense? Do they get to suvive by glitching whilst there comrades are in the heli drop zone, or should they by rites die since they never made it up?

jeN
7 Aug 2008, 03:28am
If your team is going to win you can glitch the nuke spot. It's really there just to prevent the round from going on for the extra minute or so. =]

XeNo
7 Aug 2008, 04:33am
If your team is going to win you can glitch the nuke spot. It's really there just to prevent the round from going on for the extra minute or so. =]

And to give Jen another excuse to abuse people like slapping them around when they're jumping on her head and stuff.

-glare-

GrayFox
7 Aug 2008, 06:20am
One time I was in the building on completly the opposite side of the map barricading. I saw the helicopter of CTs run overhead (I was still CT) so I ran outside, hid from zombies running around outside, and go to the glitch spot. Now there were 5 zombies huddled in that corner. So I just whip out my nade, throw that sucker down there, and they all fly away on fire just in time for me to get in there, whip out my P90, and keep them back long enough for everyone to blow up. That had to have been the most epic moment of my CS career.

trakaill
7 Aug 2008, 08:00am
zombie heli: human and zombies can glitch
human heli: human can glitch, Zombies cant glitch

Its been reviewed and cleared many times. I think thats the final rule hopefully BOD or AO can back me up. or zero maniac :biggrin:

Lux
7 Aug 2008, 09:20am
I find it unfair that humans can glitch.

The whole point is to escape, if you can't escape you die END OF.

If they glitch it is still annoying everyone by wasting time....

It just encourages people to glitch from the start.

GrayFox
7 Aug 2008, 09:38am
Well you say its annoying for humans to glitch, but do you know how hard it is for one human to reach it, let alone survive against all the zombies? Unless your me of course.

Smallsasaurus
7 Aug 2008, 11:26am
I find it unfair that humans can glitch.

The whole point is to escape, if you can't escape you die END OF.

If they glitch it is still annoying everyone by wasting time....

It just encourages people to glitch from the start.

The reason I think its fine with humans is because if you can outlast the timer, humans are declared the winner of the round. On maps like Helicopter and SST, camping is part of the map. It's hard to survive as a human on maps like these, especially by yourself if zombies manage to get the helicopter/base/good camping spots. I'm fine with humans being allowed to glitch at the end because there is a sense of survival against all odds. With zombies its just being annoying and wasting people's time on a round you lost.

I agree with you though. Nothing drives me nuts more then a guy willing to waste 39 other people's time.

airassault
7 Aug 2008, 11:37am
why should the gltichers be able to survive when the humans spent all that time fighting to get on the heli and ofr what they can jsut survive with glitch spot it should be cahnged

GrayFox
7 Aug 2008, 12:20pm
Because the glitch spot is right in the open, with no way at all to defend it.

XeNo
7 Aug 2008, 12:25pm
Depends, if you set up a cade inside the building where that corner glitch spot is, at the bottom of the staris along the wall you can glitch the nuke there too.

If you hold that building you can glitch the nuke, and then continue holding it.

Therefore humans should not be able to glitch if Zombies have the heli.

Anyone who has played Atix helicopter should know how near impossible it is for Zombies to even get on the damn heli unless they spawn with the group.

So if they spend the hard work to get the heli they deserve the reward of humans dying rather than camping that building and glitching it.

jeN
7 Aug 2008, 04:11pm
I actually discussed this with Litkey last night because I think it's stupid to wait a minute+ for glitchers.

Anyhow, the reasons CT's can glitch a zombie heli is because the shop is cadable. If they take the time to cade and defend, they deserve to live the round. Though it's basically impossible to get up the stairs to get CT's, and most zombies give up and stare at a wall for a minute.

I still hate waiting that minute for one human who glitched when the zombies just run around doing nothing. Booooooooring.

juku
7 Aug 2008, 04:53pm
Though it's basically impossible to get up the stairs to get CT's, and most zombies give up and stare at a wall for a minute.

Well I have to agree on the part when they cade up the stairs it is pretty hard to get up that way, but there is an window entrance which is pretty easy to get into if the zombies work together. Anyway most of the time the humans chance of glitching to survive the nuke is rare.

Lux
7 Aug 2008, 04:59pm
The reason I think its fine with humans is because if you can outlast the timer, humans are declared the winner of the round. On maps like Helicopter and SST, camping is part of the map.

The thing is Small, the title of the server is "Zombie ESCAPE" not "Zombie CAMP.

On Helicopter without the glitch its alot better than SST, which in my opinion is completely camp, which is why its bad.

If they take the time to cade and defend, they deserve to live the round.

I actually think they don't, because as I just said their role as CTs is to ESCAPE, and by choosing from the start to cade and then defend the glitch spot what they are doing is purposely being dicks.

Italian Jew
7 Aug 2008, 05:44pm
Well on that particular map, you have to choose a spot to camp a while. It just happens that you camp longer on this map than most other maps because in just about all Escape maps you have to camp at some point.

Despite this though, I think that glitching shouldn't be allowed and some action needs to be undertaken by any admins present to speed up the progress of the game if this happens by either moving the person to spectator or kicking. Kicking may be too harsh, but if they are warned not to do it, then they should be kicked for not listening to the warning.

Astrum
7 Aug 2008, 06:05pm
Well on that particular map, you have to choose a spot to camp a while. It just happens that you camp longer on this map than most other maps because in just about all Escape maps you have to camp at some point.

Exactly. ATIX Helicopter is barely an escape map. I like it, but you camp for 90% of the map, then get on a helicopter, and it's over. This is why I don't care if humans camp, there's not much difference.

I personally don't care if humans glitch, and hate it when zombies glitch. However, I can see both sides of the argument.

Despite this though, I think that glitching shouldn't be allowed and some action needs to be undertaken by any admins present to speed up the progress of the game if this happens by either moving the person to spectator or kicking. Kicking may be too harsh, but if they are warned not to do it, then they should be kicked for not listening to the warning.

Actually with the new version of zombiemod kicking/moving the remaining zombies will almost guarantee a loss for the humans. The new version of zombiemod will spawn a new random zombie if the last zombie gets kicked/moved to spec. The preferred method is to freeze all remaining zombies after round end (if any survived the nuke), that way the humans can kill them quickly and get the round over with.

GrayFox
7 Aug 2008, 09:30pm
Why don't we just fix the map ourselves? Just involves moving the target_hurt over more of the map.

XeNo
7 Aug 2008, 10:05pm
Why don't we just fix the map ourselves? Just involves moving the target_hurt over more of the map.

And permission from Atix I believe.

Isn't there some kind of rights to map makers nowadays? (Serious question by the way)

If we don't need permission, then just nuke the whole damn area of the city. Leave a box where the rooftop with the heli is and destroy the rest.

Astrum
7 Aug 2008, 10:37pm
And permission from Atix I believe.

Isn't there some kind of rights to map makers nowadays? (Serious question by the way)

If we don't need permission, then just nuke the whole damn area of the city. Leave a box where the rooftop with the heli is and destroy the rest.

Legal could probably answer this far better than I could, but here's my attempt.

Since Atix created the map he owns the copyright to it. I'm sure he's included protection as well so that it can't be decompiled easily. I don't think you'd fall under the reverse-engineering exception in the DMCA since you're merely decompiling it to change something and redistribute it, not for interoperability. I also don't think it would qualify as a derivative work. So I think that legally you do need his permission and the source.

Even if this is not the case* it's still a lot of work to bypass the VMEX protections.

*Legal, please correct me!

Jaffa
7 Aug 2008, 11:13pm
you all seem to be forgetting that if the zombies win the round, they can just ztele inside the building and get the humans :P

Mammal
8 Aug 2008, 09:56am
Im sure he has been asked millions of times to change it, and for reason he hasnt.

Lux
8 Aug 2008, 03:33pm
Atix isn't too hard to get hold of. If we really wanted to change the map so there is no glitch spot I'm sure he would do it???? He has an account on this forum :s