PDA

View Full Version : test error

Repus
6 Aug 2008, 01:59pm
I got my map ready to test but when i tried to test it, console said: Host_EndGame: Map coordinate extents are too large!!
Check for errors!

Could someone tell me what that means? I don't speak "Cssconsole" language.
And i know its not too large!!

Mayby it has somethng to do with that other error i got: Hammer didn't find it when i tried to run it, then i copy pasted whole map to new file and then this came.

Chobber
7 Aug 2008, 02:37am
I got that once as well .. I was told that my map was too large, when I asked -.-'

Maybe, though, its too large in 1 direction.. Lets say you start from the center, and then build your map towards NORTH, so everything is located from the center and upwards..?

Just an idea to move your map so the middle of the map is in the middle of the grid.. But, I dunno..! :(

Repus
7 Aug 2008, 02:47am
Its in middle. And its not too big i know it.

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 03:12am
This might not be related but I too was having map compile issues. It wouldn't get very far and say its missing a file and then stop compiling. I'll try again when I get home to see if it happens again and get the specific error I get.

Repus
7 Aug 2008, 04:05am
This might not be related but I too was having map compile issues. It wouldn't get very far and say its missing a file and then stop compiling. I'll try again when I get home to see if it happens again and get the specific error I get.

Thats the one i got before, then i copy pasted whole map to new file and this one came.

Edit: got this fixed! there was 2 brushes with no sides

Svendy
7 Aug 2008, 05:32am
i tryed to compilemy high school map and it missed some .prt file

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 06:03am
If my compile this afternoon fails again, I think I am gonna try using clod14's compiler to see if that helps any. I suggest you guys try the same.

http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6027

Repus
7 Aug 2008, 07:32am
I tried, it doesn't work.

Edit: Just do like i did: edit-select all-copy and paste to new file.

Marquis Posa
7 Aug 2008, 08:02am
i got this error too, i messed up a brush with the vertex manipulation tool.
i fixed the brush and i could compile the map.
if you press Alt+P while in hammer it checks for problems, even though it didnt show me the invalid brush it can be very useful.

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 11:17am
i got this error too, i messed up a brush with the vertex manipulation tool.
i fixed the brush and i could compile the map.
if you press Alt+P while in hammer it checks for problems, even though it didnt show me the invalid brush it can be very useful.

Yeah when I did the check for problems it didn't come back with anything...I'm gonna try to copy and past into a new file.

Clod14
7 Aug 2008, 11:54am
I got my map ready to test but when i tried to test it, console said: Host_EndGame: Map coordinate extents are too large!!
Check for errors!

Could someone tell me what that means? I don't speak "Cssconsole" language.
And i know its not too large!!

Mayby it has somethng to do with that other error i got: Hammer didn't find it when i tried to run it, then i copy pasted whole map to new file and then this came.

I know why. in hammer theres a big black box.
ur map can only be in that big black box.
if some of it gets out. then u get an error. the big black box looks like this.
no models/probs can be out there. nor any part of ur map.
this may be the reason why it states that error. (as ive had it done to me as well.)

[Check the Attachment for the Information Picture i made.]

If my compile this afternoon fails again, I think I am gonna try using clod14's compiler to see if that helps any. I suggest you guys try the same.

http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6027

Hmm. Im wondering if it will work.

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 12:29pm
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk\bin\e p1\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
1 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth.vmf
Brush 1721: MAX_MAP_PLANES
Side 12
Texture: HALFLIFE/STEEL

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk\bin\e p1\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
1 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk\bin\e p1\bin\vrad.exe"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov 8 2007)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
1 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\spikedrocker\sourcesdk_conte nt\cstrike\mapsrc\dr_labyrinth.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\spikedrocker\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\dr_labyrinth.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

Thats from compiling console. I'm not sure what is going on...I did the copy paste thing and it still isn't compiling.

Clod14
Hmm. Im wondering if it will work.
Nope didn't work.

Blubla
7 Aug 2008, 01:08pm
MAX_MAP_PLANES

Delete some unnecessary brushes, after that everything should be fine.:wink:

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 02:16pm
MAX_MAP_PLANES

Delete some unnecessary brushes, after that everything should be fine.:wink:

Does that mean too many brushes? or i have 2 brushes in the same spot?

Repus
7 Aug 2008, 02:55pm
He means that if compling console says like this: Brush 1721: MAX_MAP_PLANES like it does in yours that means there is some problem in Brush 1721. Click edit-go to brush--- and write 1721 make new brush there and it should fix that.

I'm not sure but i found 2 brushes that was giving this error thread started.

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 03:04pm
Apparently I have loads of these issues...I just started deleting them, but now I am running to the issue that its pulling up brushes that aren't even seen and I am unable to delete. Any ideas?

Marquis Posa
7 Aug 2008, 03:17pm
He means that if compling console says like this: Brush 1721: MAX_MAP_PLANES like it does in yours that means there is some problem in Brush 1721. Click edit-go to brush--- and write 1721 make new brush there and it should fix that.

I'm not sure but i found 2 brushes that was giving this error thread started.
no its not a single brush that is causing the problem.
i also reached the max displacement limit on my map and have to reduce them.
i think the reason for your problem could be all the spikes in your map ( you posted a screenshot in the deathrun section), because they seem to have a lot of side faces.
try to reduce them and see if it works (also post the new compile log if it isnt working).

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 03:23pm
no its not a single brush that is causing the problem.
i also reached the max displacement limit on my map and have to reduce them.
i think the reason for your problem could be all the spikes in your map ( you posted a screenshot in the deathrun section), because they seem to have a lot of side faces.
try to reduce them and see if it works (also post the new compile log if it isnt working).

Yeah it looks like its more complex than that...I got rid of a few of them...I might have to just start over cause i've had to delete like 100+ brushes and its like non stop...so basically my map is "too expensive" is how understand this to be?

Marquis Posa
7 Aug 2008, 03:49pm
yes in the moment you can call your map too expensive, because you reached the maximum of allowed planes.
but it doesnt mean that you have to start from the beginning.
something in your map is wasting a lot of these planes and if i look at this screenshot i think the spikes are wasting them:
http://www.zombiemurder.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3058&d=1218069537
how many spikes are there?^^
looks like a few hundreds and now you have to multiplicate it with 6 (from what i see 1 spike got 6 planes).
i think you just have to reduce the spikes or maybe remove them completely and replace them with killing water.

Repus
7 Aug 2008, 05:21pm
Or bigger spikes?

Marquis Posa
8 Aug 2008, 03:55am
just for the case that you dont know it; you can select multiple brushes easily with the selection tool.
all you have to do is drawing a line around all the brushes in one of the 3 views and then press enter.
would be much more work to remove all spikes one by one, but you need to pay attention otherwise you could also select unwanted brushes ( if you get some unwanted you can simply deselect them in the 3D view (Ctrl+left mouse).

SpikedRocker
8 Aug 2008, 04:12am
Alright I'll give that a try and see how it goes.

SpikedRocker
9 Aug 2008, 08:29am
This appeared to have worked. I am able to compile. I'll just have to go back and find all the needed brushes that were deleted and finish the map. Thanks everyone for their help.