PDA

View Full Version : Possible Maddie Sightings Revealed

SpikedRocker
6 Aug 2008, 03:54am
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/06/mccann.maddie/index.html

Hopefully they are closer to finding Maddie now. The neatherlands lead is the best I've seen.

flowrida
6 Aug 2008, 03:57am
thats terrible what happened and i hope they find her

flowrida
6 Aug 2008, 05:10am
dude thats just fucking evil

barackobama
6 Aug 2008, 05:34am
Hmmmm, hope she is alive...

But I have the same feelings as Havok..

Daze
6 Aug 2008, 05:39am
Being spotted with a couple gives better hope that it's not just a sick peadophile thats taken her. not saying that they still wounldn't do that sort of thing.

i just reckon there 2 wacko's and are training her for the circus in brazil.

GrayFox
6 Aug 2008, 09:17am
What happened to the Florida girl? Is she still alive or confirmed dead?

SpikedRocker
6 Aug 2008, 09:35am
What happened to the Florida girl? Is she still alive or confirmed dead?

Today we learned that the little girls father was killed in a car accident last year. I saw that on the wires here at work.

Lux
6 Aug 2008, 09:37am
This is stupid.

People go missing alot and I was just happy that this all ended because the fact is she is dead. If you don't find her after 2 weeks, you won't find her after 2 years.

Also as Havok said, loads of money is going to their "charity". Footballers were wearing shirts saying help the parents find her. Its all really over the top, there are loads of other important cases that will actually use the money wisely.

Daze
6 Aug 2008, 09:58am
there creating publicity for it, you've seen how much that little face has been in theSun? (newspaper)

it's two parents who love the shit out of there daughter and would do anything to get her back? so whats wrong with not loosing hope?

Omar
6 Aug 2008, 10:21am
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daze
6 Aug 2008, 10:28am
Alongside topless women? The Sun is hardly a moral gauge for life.

It's a tabloid for crying out loud, of course they have to cover more things than a missing child.

the parents don't want to grieve because they don't believe the girl's dead, there doing everything they can to keep the publicity up to find their kid.

SpikedRocker
6 Aug 2008, 11:48am
Being a parent, you see things differently when it comes to this. I've always believed that you have to be rich and be a white female for the media to take this stuff. And being in the media, I'd almost say its true. But either way, as a parent, I would search the ends of the earth if my daughter was missing. The way I see it, I will not rest till she is home. My daughter is my life and I will drop everything to go looking for her. So what the McCann's are doing isn't wrong. The media is making more out of it than they should. In news, you must have a balence of stories. You got to balance current events, future events, on-going events. If they don't then they are just glorifying and sensationalizing the situaton. My station was accused of sensationalizing our weather guy situation and the virginia tech tragedy. The weather guy we had to handle specially due to its effect on our station and the virginia tech thing, we covered it like any other story and you know the national critics agreed with us and awarded us with a Peabody Award. Being on both sides of the fence really perplexes me but I find my role as a parent superceds my role as a journalist.

Daze
6 Aug 2008, 11:57am
there doing it plainly to make sure people do not forget that she's still missing.

Daze
6 Aug 2008, 12:31pm
Because your an immature little boy who doesn't give a shit about other people's problems?

Red
6 Aug 2008, 12:36pm
http://www.jeffmariotte.com/missing/images/cover.jpg

Lux
6 Aug 2008, 12:38pm
No.....why should he care about their problems??

If you care about everyones problems, you aren't going to get far are you.

Dam my friend fell off his bike
Dam African died of Aids
Dam some guy in Alaska froze to death
Dam someone dropped their chicken piece on the floor.
Dam 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000 more problems to care about.

Daze
6 Aug 2008, 01:18pm
No.....why should he care about their problems??

If you care about everyones problems, you aren't going to get far are you.

Dam my friend fell off his bike
Dam African died of Aids
Dam some guy in Alaska froze to death
Dam someone dropped their chicken piece on the floor.
Dam 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000 more problems to care about.

Your actually comparing a kidnapping to a "Dam someone dropped their chicken piece on the floor"

i'm not saying that i care too much, i dont lie awake at night because of it.

all that was meant was, if you put yourself in that person's shoes..how would you feel then?

Sorry Havok for calling you a immature boy, but i think its true.

GrayFox
6 Aug 2008, 01:34pm
You can't say that your tragedy is worse than someone elses, we all have different things to cry for.

Slavic
6 Aug 2008, 04:09pm
http://www.jeffmariotte.com/missing/images/cover.jpg

Only reason why its still in the media.

Kids are kidnapped all the time around the world. They should at least be hopeful that it didn't happen in Latin America or African.

Also, isn't this the couple that decided it would be a bright idea to leave their 3 year old child in a hotel room by itself for hours on end?

SpikedRocker
6 Aug 2008, 05:52pm
You can't say that your tragedy is worse than someone elses, we all have different things to cry for.

But to me, if it I was in that situation, my tragedy is worse than anyone elses. Its my perspective.

This whole discussion deals with how one perceives the situation. I am concerned about this alot because of my daughter. Havok might not care as much because he doesn't have a kid and the situation doesn't really apply much to him. I don't mind Havok's view on the situaton, mainly cause its his view and I respect it the way I'd hope he'd respect my view on it. You just got to understand that people have different cares on different issues. And its just something to not get your panties in a knot over.

Lux
6 Aug 2008, 07:44pm
I'm a realist and whilst I respect and admire the effort put in to get back their child you just have to learn when to get over it and move on, there will be life after her.

In this situation, it would probably be better if they knew the child was dead (not that her being dead is good, but the likelihood is she is dead, but they just don't know it 100%) rather than just hoping when the chances are 1/1,000,000.

jeN
6 Aug 2008, 07:45pm
Wow =/ They're still bringing this up in the media?

Sad for the parents, but even worse for the hundreds of kids who go missing all the time yet don't get any attention brought to the case.

Repeat
6 Aug 2008, 08:03pm
I'm a realist and whilst I respect and admire the effort put in to get back their child you just have to learn when to get over it and move on, there will be life after her.

In this situation, it would probably be better if they knew the child was dead (not that her being dead is good, but the likelihood is she is dead, but they just don't know it 100%) rather than just hoping when the chances are 1/1,000,000.

Are you kidding me? I could never imagine losing a child, and I'm not even a parent yet. The pain and suffering they go through has to be more than anything we can imagine -- Sure you might keep living but your life will never be the same. It's not like one day they'll be sitting around the dinner table with a glass of wine saying "Oh, remember that daughter we used to have? Yeah, I'm glad we got over it and life has gone on for us. More wine, dear?"

SOLANUM
6 Aug 2008, 08:03pm
As terrible as it is they're not going to find her alive, if they dont find the child within 48 hours the chance of finding him/her alive at all is improbable.....and its been a year.

SpikedRocker
7 Aug 2008, 02:53am
Are you kidding me? I could never imagine losing a child, and I'm not even a parent yet. The pain and suffering they go through has to be more than anything we can imagine -- Sure you might keep living but your life will never be the same. It's not like one day they'll be sitting around the dinner table with a glass of wine saying "Oh, remember that daughter we used to have? Yeah, I'm glad we got over it and life has gone on for us. More wine, dear?"

I'm glad a non-parent can see what I see as a parent. Regardless if the kid is kidnapped, killed, or just dies of cancer or what not, the pain is the same. That life can never be replaced. You will hurt for the rest of your life.

Daze
8 Aug 2008, 04:47am
As terrible as it is they're not going to find her alive, if they dont find the child within 48 hours the chance of finding him/her alive at all is improbable.....and its been a year.

little ray of sunshine aren't you?

i dont know why every day TheSun has it as there front page, its getting stupid now to be honest.

she's been in the papers because she's captured the hearts of so many british people simple because of how cute and adorable she is. (no, i am neither gay or a pervert)

Mammal
8 Aug 2008, 06:53am
She is gone, they need to move on, and stop seeking attention.

The worst thing to happen is not the kidnapping, though it is aweful, but the fact that it has been made so big that others take it as an example, see the attention they can get and do it or let it happen to their children.
If it had stayed small they would mabye have found her, mabye not, but they could move on easier than their every move is on the front page of The Sun.

Lux
8 Aug 2008, 05:02pm
Some people do stunts like this just to get money/publicity.

Not saying these people did though.