PDA

View Full Version : Wired or Wireless Internet?

Fuji S5 Pro
6 Aug 2008, 02:41am
What would run faster and transfer more data?

My 100Mbs wired connection, or my Draft n 300Mbs wireless connection?

Seems like a no brainer...doesnt it?

Fuji

matt 187
6 Aug 2008, 05:57am
wired if you want fast internet or if you wanna play on xbox live

BOOWY
6 Aug 2008, 06:43am
I've always thought that wired is always better than wireless unless you have no option at all and have to go for wireless. My school has a server where I can download all sorts of programs. At home, wired connection, the transfer rate is somewhere around 600kbps. When I'm actually in the building on my laptop on a wireless connection, that transfer rate drops down to 30kbps.

Cooki3Monsta
6 Aug 2008, 07:51am
Wired is faster than wireless :001_tt2:

Red
6 Aug 2008, 09:21am
Wireless is fast enough nowadays.

Lux
6 Aug 2008, 09:35am
Well I need wireless because my Ps3 is too far away from my computer and router otherwise :wink:

Also as long as its password secure you are safe with it anyway :glare:

Cooki3Monsta
6 Aug 2008, 10:39am
I mean I use wireless all the time on my laptop but I think wired is faster =P

Red
6 Aug 2008, 11:38am
You can only transfer data as fast as your modem can feed it to your routers.

You could have a 1000000000gb wireless/wired router, but if your internet connection is 5mb then what the hell does it matter.

mikec789
10 Aug 2008, 06:50pm
Wierd.

phatman76
11 Aug 2008, 01:55pm
wireless connectivity and speed drops with distance and obstacles between you and the actual box. I have a very fast N-router (as fast as yours), but when I bring a laptop into the room where my router is, I plug in. It is more reliable and speedy. But if your system is gonna be across the house or something, wireless is cheaper then punching holes in your walls to put in an ethernet cable...

Slavic
11 Aug 2008, 04:57pm
If you are getting daft n, make sure that your laptop has the appropriate wireless card. If your laptop is a bit old, it may still be on the wireless g frequency. Daft n is backwards compatible with wireless g cards, but you will only run at wireless g speeds, which is about 1/3 slower than daft n.

Daft n also sends out a very very strong signal and will probably be able to reach any space you need. If i remember correctly its like 300-600 ft. Its more value to run a daft n, then a wireless g with range extenders.

Also if you plan on having something use up your internet connection on your laptop, and run some sort of internet console game; its essential that you get daft n. Nothing else can handle that load.

If you want we can ring up the price at the store and have it shipped to your house from the online vendor in 7-10days. Would you like to apply for a Circuit City Credit Card today?

I just got back from work : D

Lux
11 Aug 2008, 05:03pm
I hate the fact that I am paying for 8mb broadband and I get 5.5mb at best. They should give me more until I really do get 8mb :confused1:

phatman76
11 Aug 2008, 05:35pm
If you want we can ring up the price at the store and have it shipped to your house from the online vendor in 7-10days. Would you like to apply for a Circuit City Credit Card today?

I just got back from work : D

LMFAO!!!!!

but yeah, make sure you have the right card, that's essential...