PDA

View Full Version : Hosties Server??

Lux
2 Aug 2008, 07:52pm
I can't make a poll but I was wandering if anyone has played these maps???

I will upload maps and screenshots tommorow (its late!)

Basically the point of Hosties is that CT are the interrogators and T are the hostages

The usual scenario is that T's spawn in a hidden place and have the chance to buy guns etc and rebel against the CTs. By fighting CTs the CTs have the right to kill the rebels, but not any peaceful hostages. It is usual that an admin will set an unofficial time which hostages have to come out, drop their guns in "The Pit" and go into the jail area, which could be a cage, against the wall, it varies....

If there is more than one surviving T who are not rebels then games can be played to lower the number of Ts to one.

The most common game is "Simon Says". To play this you need someone with a mic to get all the Ts together and ask them to do things, if they do something without "Simon Says" being said then they can be killed, but only that particular person. You cannot use names similiar to Simon, Sally is the usual exception to this, but it is suggested that only people without strong accents are allowed to use this. No requests can be made that force a T to rebel, kill themselves, or have a race.

Once one person on T is remaining if the T does not rebel then he may call for a "Last Request".

Maps will usually have scenes which will allow for mini games to be played. These include (but not only)

-Shot for Shot. A T and CT go on either side of a long, straight arena where they are equipped with Deagles and shoot one shot at a time to the death. They must stay at each side of the arena but they may move side to side.
-Gun Toss. Each T and CT will use a Deagle (although any gun could be used as long as its the same as the other person). They will have to run and throw their gun as far as they can over a long drop. After each have thrown whoevers gun is furthest wins, and the loser is obliged to die, but this does not count as rebelling.
-Drop Shot. Each T and CT will use a Deagle. Each player takes it in turn to stand on a spot which is under a drop. They are not allowed to move and the drop spot should be the same throughout. The person not standing below the drop will jump over the drop and whilst above the drops level will take one shot, trying to hit the person.
-Knife Fight. Self explanatory.
-Some others I am not familiar with.

I will highlight the main rules of the server.

1. A T may rebel at ANY time, and until they do rebel or don't follow specific orders which are within reason or a game, they cannot be shot. Even if you think a T is about to rebel, you cannot fire first, without a specific reason other than "He was gonna shoot me!"
2. CTs should wait about 30 seconds for Ts to drop their guns and surrender themselves in the jail area. Once this time has gone any Ts still in the spawn area are rebels, but if they plea for mercy because they were afk etc it is nice to let them, but if they have already rebelled then they any CTs are not obliged to let them surrender.
3. Whoever (In text) says that he is doing Simon Says first will do it, providing he has a mic with a suitable accent and decent quality. But until a Simon Says is actually possible any dibs are not valid.
4. In Simon Says you cannot force Ts to rebel, you cannot trick Ts with similiar names to Simon unless it is Sally, but this is subject to the quality of Simon's accent/quality. You may also not force Ts to race, but if both teams agree then sure.
5. When Simon Says is being played no CTs or Ts should be talking, especially when commands are being issued. But casually you can talk when commands are not fair/unclear or if not muffling Simon's voice.
6. In last request the T chooses which mini game to play, although any unofficial games can be played if the CTs agree. Most of the mini games are 1v1, and the T can choose who to play with. In the event of the T winning, an admin (if on) should give the T 100hp again. If not it then it is suggested you do a non violent minigame such as gun toss, or you lower the CTs hp to an equal amount.
7. There is only a few allowed commands outside of Simon Says. These include...

-Drop your guns and go to the jail/ and go face the wall.
-Drop your gun.
-Generally telling a T to stop what he is doing if it is wrong.

8. You MUST warn Ts before killing them, but when they rebel this does not apply, and when an obvious mistake is made in Simon Says they can be killed too, but if you are judged to have made a wrong decision you should be slayed then futher punishment. If a T ignores a reasonable command then they can be killed. Any T with a gun in jail should be warned to drop it/put it in the drop pit, and atleast 5 seconds should be given. Beware however that if your mic is of a low quality you should type the command out, in most cases typing the command out is needed.
9. When you are in a last request, any damage taken against the ct in the minigame does not count as rebelling. A CT who has lost MUST let himself be killed by the winning T. A T however may rebel at ANY time, even after losing a minigame.
10. All rules should be made clear to players before using punishment. Any blatant ignoring of rules should result in slay/kick/ban depending on the severity/frequency of abuse. Admins if on are the only people that can keep CTs in line. To make the experience better they should warn/punish all players breaking the rules, and if they themselves break a rule or punish when the reason was flawed then they are obliged to kill themself. If they continue to abuse their power you should get as much evidence as you can and report the admin on these forums.

I think that a Hosties Server would only be at max a 20 slot server, but I would say that 16 slot is a better choice. An admin really would need to be on to hold the peace, but this is the same as breakfloor.

I think it would be a fun server to have because it relies of tactics and it involves alot of fun if people stick to the rules.

Dracula
2 Aug 2008, 07:54pm
Yes i play one one of the servers but it can get really gay really quick withought a lot of admins.

Lux
2 Aug 2008, 07:57pm
There is very little of these servers around because it is quite a new map. From what I know maps are limited and it would be good if some people here made some. There isn't much out of the ordinary map making tricks required like zombies etc its basically down to admin plug ins and using the terrain to play mini games.

Lux
4 Aug 2008, 06:49am
........itd be nice to see peoples opinions maybe?? :thumbdown:

SpikedRocker
4 Aug 2008, 07:25am
Dracula brought me in to one of these games and with out admins around to "police" the game, its always gonna be a deathmatch. I contemplated how you could make the server "police" the game but I really do not see how it could be done. I guess the best way to do this server would be to have it pw protected and by entering our server you agree to follow the rules of the game and if caught your punishment would be severe (possible perms?) but then again more work for admins. I have yet to see this game be ran properly or even a server that can figure out how to make people obey the rules of the game.

Lux
4 Aug 2008, 03:12pm
Well there are some possible ways which might be effective, but I dunno if they are possible and if it is even worth it. I could easilly see this being another hide and seek where people play on it for a week then its empty.

Third
4 Aug 2008, 06:28pm
nvr head of it so hmm curious to see it :]