PDA

View Full Version : Need map testers

Repus
2 Aug 2008, 12:18am
I don't really play napalm so much, so I need someone to test my Napalm kind map.

First, I know 3d skybox sucks, its best i can do in my first map i have finished.

Yes, map is pretty empty bc i'm out of ideas

Before you comment about "No lights" shoot one of the big spikes outside to turn lights on.

I don't know why vending machines move so badly, i guess its for server settings?

Hope that file works, I really don't have idea

-Thank you

JoniX
2 Aug 2008, 05:21am
When u test map do phys_pushscale 3.
Ive binded noclip to my "H". So i can explore it good. Its good to have noclip binded if someone uses sv_cheats on. :P
Once i were at my friends normal css server then suddenly he used sv_cheats 1 on for 3 secs. I accidently pressed h and then i was flying and knifed everyone. :D

Repus
2 Aug 2008, 06:22am
I have f binded to say @ma_noclip repus so i don't need to go console and write that long sv_cheats 1

GrayFox
2 Aug 2008, 06:43am
I'll test it when I get home from work at 12.

Repus
2 Aug 2008, 07:22am
Thanks, I already have lifted that 3d skybox bit it still sucks but not so much like in this version

Repus
2 Aug 2008, 02:24pm
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/61398

New version is ready :D, but i still need some ideas and comments about it.

GrayFox
2 Aug 2008, 02:46pm
In the version I checked you could see the skylight from inside the second floor of the pyramid, the textures overlap each other all over the map, you can see the skybox above the map, you can't fall through the top of the pyramid, some textures don't download, theres no where to hide and the boxes are breakable. Theres only one way to get in and out of everywhere.

Repus
2 Aug 2008, 03:17pm
Thank you, thats why i need something like this bc i don't play napalm alot.

For the skybox, I have no idea why its there, I tried to put it different places but it still shows somewhere. Badest place were that you could see twin of the pyramid xD

I didn't first have that nodrawn block on top but it was annoying when i fell so many times.

Those little boxes are just meant to slow down players when they are getting vending machines.

"Theres only one way to get in and out of everywhere." What you mean with that?

GrayFox
2 Aug 2008, 03:49pm
I mean once you get to the bottom floor, your pretty much fucked. Theres only two vending machines you can block yourself in the room with, and those boxes shouldn't be there. The boxes you can jump onto are way too easy for the zombies to get humans from, and the only spot seems to be the cheapest, hiding in the crouchable tunnels and just shoot the zombies off.

Edit: Make sure the sky wall is connected on all fronts, tops and bottoms. Then make sure the skybox is also. You shouldn't be able to see it through the clouds.

Repus
2 Aug 2008, 04:33pm
Ok, I keep this on mind when i start making the ?b3 or final version?