PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial- Binding Weapons to Buy

Loganator456
30 Jul 2008, 02:30pm
Ok, I decided to make this tutorial because it is extremely important and I think any player that doesn't have it absolutely needs it. In this tutorial, I'm going to explain how to bind keys in order buy all of your equipment you need at the beginning of each round.

Just for your information, I use Windows Vista, so I'm not sure how this may differ in any other OS.

1. Open up Notepad.

2. Now, start writing your binds. To do this, simply type

bind f1 "buy xxx; buy xxx; buy xxx"

Of course, xxx stands for the pice of equipment use should use. You can bind most keys to do buy specific things, although if you are already using this key in a specific function (i.e. W,S,A,D, etc.), then I would recommend not using those keys. I use keys F1-F7.

Also, when writing this, you have to know the right names to put in, and there can be no mistakes, so if your bind isn't working right, try going over it for any spelling/punctuation errors. Here is a list of all the equipment:

Glock (glock)
USP (usp)
228 Compact (p228)
Desert Eagle (deagle)
Dualies (elite)
Five-Seven (fiveseven)
Pump Shotgun (m3)
Auto Shotgun (xm1014)
Mac-10 (mac10)
TMP (tmp)
MP5 (mp5navy)
UMP (ump45)
P90 (p90)
Defender (galil)
AK-47/CV-47 (ak47)
Krieg Commando (sg550)
Clarion (famas)
Maverick M4A1 Colt (m4a1)
Bullpup (aug)
Scout (scout)
Krieg 552 (sg552)
AWP (awp)
D3/AU1 (g3sg1)
M249 (m249)
Full Primary Ammo (primammo)
Full Secondary Ammo (secammo)
Kevlar (vest)
Kevlar and Helmet (vesthelm)
Flashbang Granade (flashbang)
HE Grenade (hegrenade)
Smoke Grenade (smokegrenade)
Defusal Kit (defuser)

So say, if you wanted to buy a M4, a defusal kit, and a Kevlar and helmet, you would type:

bind f1 "buy m4a1; buy defuser; buy vesthelm"

EDIT:: Here is my NEW personal "bind list" as of July 31, 2008. It changes sometimes so this might become somewhat out of date in the future.

bind f1 "buy ak47; buy elite; buy vesthelm; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"
bind f2 "buy m4a1; buy fiveseven; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"
bind f3 "buy xm1014; buy fiveseven; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"
bind f4 "buy m3; buy fiveseven; buy elite; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"
bind f5 "buy p90; buy fiveseven; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"
bind f6 "buy galil; buy elite; buy vesthelm; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"
bind f7 "buy aug; buy fiveseven; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"

3. When you are done writing your binds, save it as an Configuration file (.cfg) in (C:>Program Files>Steam>steamapps>(your username here)>counter-strike source>cstrike>cfg) as "autoexec".

Now, at the start of each round, if you press your binded key, you should get all the equipment you wrote in the file binded to that key. If you don't then either, A- You don't have enough money, B- You aren't on the right team, or C- You didn't write the file correctly.

I hope this helped anybody, although if you are reading this as a member, you've probably already got this down, I had some trouble at first doing this, so good luck!!

:biggrin:

Loganator456
31 Jul 2008, 09:39am
No one?

:sad:

SpikedRocker
31 Jul 2008, 09:46am
Actually i was wondering what everyone else uses as far as binds for buying weps. You got a nice assortment, what are the reasonings using those weapon groups?

Mammal
31 Jul 2008, 10:01am
i just use the 4 in the buy menu.

Pancake Batter
31 Jul 2008, 01:22pm
Actually i was wondering what everyone else uses as far as binds for buying weps. You got a nice assortment, what are the reasonings using those weapon groups?

F1 - ak47/m4a1
F2 - M3
F3 - Deagle
F4 - Hegrenade/vesthelm
F5 - Flashbang/smokegrenade/defuser

I never bothered to change my binds for the zombie servers when I was still playing on the defuse server since I was too lazy.

Red
31 Jul 2008, 01:41pm
I've used these two for a while

Full Primary Ammo (primammo)
Full Secondary Ammo (secammo)

Loganator456
31 Jul 2008, 03:36pm

Well, I try to kind of balance it out between T's and CT's although I play a lot of zombie mod so I take that into consideration, too. With T's, I try to stick to the elites as far as pistols go, for obvious reasons. As for my main gun, I usually either choose an AK47 or and P90, if I'm not using a shotgun. I feel more comfortable with a P90 than with an AK, because it just seems more controllable and accurate (I am probably wrong) to me than the AK. With the AK, even if I try to control the spray, if just feels like I am not hitting anything. Just me, though.

I like using shotguns, whether or not I'm on T's or CT's. I usually stick with the regular M3 on zombie mod, and the auto for normal playing. When on CT's, I really like to use the M4/five seven combo. Even though the five seven isn't really that powerful, I has a large clip, and that's extremely useful for situations when I don't have time to reload. The sniper is useful in some certain situations, but I don't use it that often so I think I might change it up though. f1-f5 will pretty much stay the same, though. Defuser and vesthelm are obvious, and henades and smoke nades are useful in some situations. The flashbang was taking up space, costing money, me accidentally using it opted me to take it out of the list.

Sorry for the long post, I tend to get really into all my configurations... :laugh::laugh:

Veggie
3 Aug 2008, 04:21pm
Thanks for the info, have been wondering how you do it. Very helpful especially on escape servers.

SoulKeeper
4 Aug 2008, 01:56pm
F1 - ak47/m4a1
F2 - M3
F3 - Deagle
F4 - Hegrenade/vesthelm
F5 - Flashbang/smokegrenade/defuser

I never bothered to change my binds for the zombie servers when I was still playing on the defuse server since I was too lazy.
Do you have a bind for F10? >:3

barackobama
4 Aug 2008, 05:32pm
Thank you for this :)

Loganator456
4 Aug 2008, 08:26pm
Thanks a lot guys. :biggrin:

Chobber
5 Aug 2008, 11:47pm
I was thinking, Loganator456 - if you are CT you would buy (examples) "M4A1, fiveseven, vesthelm, henade, smoke" (your F2-btn.) and if you are T you would buy "AK, elites, vesthelm, henade, smoke" .. Taken into consideration that the system takes the first thing, finds it, if money is big enough = bought, if not, next item!

So, with the CT, if you got money, it will buy the M4 - but if you only got like $2000 it would buy the fiveseven first..
Now, consider this bind then;

bind f1 "buy ak47; buy m4a1; buy elite; buy fiveseven; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"

Thats just the 2 binds combined into 1.. If you are CT it wont buy the ak, as it cant - but the m4 - it wont buy the elite, but the fiveseven, etc...
By combining your binds you will spare some space in your f-keys, to bind more and different kind of weapon-mixes..

You could also do the above by combining famas/galil, aug/sg552, g3sg1/sg550 and even awp/scout, if you just need a sniper (cant afford the awp = buying the scout)..

Just an idea ;)

Loganator456
6 Aug 2008, 12:17pm
I was thinking, Loganator456 - if you are CT you would buy (examples) "M4A1, fiveseven, vesthelm, henade, smoke" (your F2-btn.) and if you are T you would buy "AK, elites, vesthelm, henade, smoke" .. Taken into consideration that the system takes the first thing, finds it, if money is big enough = bought, if not, next item!

So, with the CT, if you got money, it will buy the M4 - but if you only got like $2000 it would buy the fiveseven first..
Now, consider this bind then;

bind f1 "buy ak47; buy m4a1; buy elite; buy fiveseven; buy vesthelm; buy defuser; buy hegrenade; buy smokegrenade"

Thats just the 2 binds combined into 1.. If you are CT it wont buy the ak, as it cant - but the m4 - it wont buy the elite, but the fiveseven, etc...
By combining your binds you will spare some space in your f-keys, to bind more and different kind of weapon-mixes..

You could also do the above by combining famas/galil, aug/sg552, g3sg1/sg550 and even awp/scout, if you just need a sniper (cant afford the awp = buying the scout)..

Just an idea ;)

:biggrin:

I've actually thought about doing that, but the binds I got, aside from the ones that are specifically made for a team, are almost neutral. They work pretty well, and if I need anything else, it's usually just a pistol, and I may/may not just be able to make due.