PDA

View Full Version : Prop_physics help!

Aaron117
30 Jul 2008, 01:09am
Some items such as Book Shelfs, Soda Machines, and Couches won't appear ingame, only in Hammer Editor.

Is there some sort of option I'm supposed to click to allow them to appear?

Help!

-Aaron-

SpikedRocker
30 Jul 2008, 03:01am
I had this issue as well. The answer is simply change what type of entity it is, if you have prop_physics, then it probably needs to be prop_dynamic. Play around with that a bit and you'll figure out which prop needs to be physics and what needs to be dynamic.
Theres a feature somewhere with checkmarks which kind of entity it needs but sometimes it has all of them checked and doesn't work 100% of the time. But I don't remember what that is, if someone could elaborate on that, it could help him.

Aaron117
30 Jul 2008, 03:49am
I had this issue as well. The answer is simply change what type of entity it is, if you have prop_physics, then it probably needs to be prop_dynamic. Play around with that a bit and you'll figure out which prop needs to be physics and what needs to be dynamic.
Theres a feature somewhere with checkmarks which kind of entity it needs but sometimes it has all of them checked and doesn't work 100% of the time. But I don't remember what that is, if someone could elaborate on that, it could help him.

Orly?
Well thanks, I'll do this later, I just got off of Source SDK, and posted some recent screenshots in the Map Discussion area, if you want you can check it out, and tell me if you like it :(.
Its zm_lab_117.

Jaffa
30 Jul 2008, 05:29am
prop_multiplayer_physics i think might be what your looking for

Aaron117
30 Jul 2008, 02:32pm
Spiked I tried it, it didn't work, thanks anyway.

______

Jaffa, I tried yours, and in the editor it shows a little circle saying obsolete.

Help?
I'd like to get my map some good barricade rooms, but I can't figure out how :/.
I want them to move nice and well like on Highschool.

-Aaron-

Svendy
30 Jul 2008, 10:31pm
what jaffa tryed to type was: prop_physics_multiplayer
from what i know you should use prop_physics in singleplayer games and prop_physics_multiplayer for multiplayer games, funny enough :P

Aaron117
30 Jul 2008, 11:23pm
what jaffa tryed to type was: prop_physics_multiplayer
from what i know you should use prop_physics in singleplayer games and prop_physics_multiplayer for multiplayer games, funny enough :P Yeah I figured out the multiplayer part was last.
Thanks anyway, also the metal shelves with the PPM (Its the muliplayer for short)
lets people go through it, or bounces them.
Help??

-Aaron-

Eldest
21 Aug 2008, 04:28pm
Yeah I know this thread is old but anyway, use prop_dynamic_override for those.