PDA

View Full Version : Always Time Out

Tyrant
27 Jul 2008, 05:22pm
So far, every time I've tested my map, I time out. Sometimes right away, sometimes after 30 seconds or so. Does anyone know a fix for this, as it is awful hard to test my map with 30 seconds max. Thank you.

Blubla
28 Jul 2008, 04:15am
So far, every time I've tested my map, I time out. Sometimes right away, sometimes after 30 seconds or so. Does anyone know a fix for this, as it is awful hard to test my map with 30 seconds max. Thank you.

Checkmark the "Donīt run the game after compiling" option when you try to compile your map. After that, start Counter Strike over Steam.

If it doesnīt help tell me exactly how you start your Game.

BOOWY
28 Jul 2008, 07:02am
Happens to me too. It likely happens to everyone when they let Hammer run the game after compiling. I let Hammer run the game after compiling, and after the timeout thing I just start my own server again, selecting my custom map. Problem solved. It is really irritating though.

Tyrant
28 Jul 2008, 01:50pm
I just press F9 to start it. If I were to compile without launching, how do I load my map whilst in Steam?

JoniX
28 Jul 2008, 02:53pm
U compile it to right folder. Then start css. And then create server and choose your map.

Blubla
28 Jul 2008, 02:59pm
I just press F9 to start it. If I were to compile without launching, how do I load my map whilst in Steam?

Open your console and type "map name_of_your_map"
(How to open the console: Settings > Keyboard > Advanced > Check "Enable Developer Console (~)", you can also activate it over Steam.)

Go to the option on the left side "create server". Somewhere in the list should be the name of your map. Click on it and start the server.

Edit:
Oh Snap Joni was faster....

Tyrant
28 Jul 2008, 03:34pm
Ok, I will try these ways. Thanks for the help guys.