PDA

View Full Version : A inside look at Googles HQ

Veggie
26 Jul 2008, 06:39pm
Google is just amazing in how they treat their employees and ensure they remain on top.

http://www.maruism.com/2008/07/24/googles-work-environment/

barackobama
26 Jul 2008, 07:31pm
I will check this out for sure, when I get home...

I love this sort of stuff.

Italian Jew
26 Jul 2008, 07:32pm
They forgot the Hooker room pictures! :scared:

The massage room also doubles as the "Happy Ending" Room as well. :wink:

AppleShark
26 Jul 2008, 08:31pm

I'll keep that in mind when looking for a job.

Red
26 Jul 2008, 10:02pm
A couple of my friends from highschool work for google now.

I would like to work for them if I didn't have to move across country.

Omar
27 Jul 2008, 04:46am

LOL!!:rlol:

Daze
27 Jul 2008, 05:31am

Have they told you about all this in their workplace?

I find it hard to believe for some reason (not that your friends work for google)
the fact that they have all that stuff, it's gunna put you off working.

juku
27 Jul 2008, 11:43am
Omg that stress machine should so be a computer or in some form in the future. As far as I can see they have some wierd alone time space areas.

Red
27 Jul 2008, 12:34pm
Yeah they really do have all this shit.

But you have to realize that there are deadlines/budgets/goals to meet. So most of the time they are at their desk when not frolicking around.

Zero001
31 Jul 2008, 03:55am

Red, you should try Google NY. Then you wouldn't have to move across the country. That's if other commitments aren't holding you back, and you're willing to put up with the city.

NYC... straight male to female ratio of 1:7 IMO

Daze
31 Jul 2008, 04:40am
Red, you should try Google NY. Then you wouldn't have to move across the country. That's if other commitments aren't holding you back, and you're willing to put up with the city.

NYC... straight male to female ratio of 1:7 IMO

Why are you trying to spindle away the great Tampon from us

DEVIL!

Zero001
31 Jul 2008, 04:53am
Why are you trying to spindle away the great Tampon from us

DEVIL!

I'm doing no such thing :001_tongue:
It's only a couple of hours away from D.C. It takes about the same time to cross half of Florida. Besides, I'm just giving Red some options.

Red
31 Jul 2008, 07:02am
I'm doing no such thing :001_tongue:
It's only a couple of hours away from D.C. It takes about the same time to cross half of Florida. Besides, I'm just giving Red some options.

I've thought about that. But I've decided I'm going to go back to school first this year.

Who knows, I might apply afterwords.

Repeat
31 Jul 2008, 07:22am
Fuck Google. I sit at a desk all day. No windows. No sound. Just the constant clack of keyboards to keep me company. I WANT A DAMN SLIDE! WHY NOT ME?!

Haha, granted - I'm an intern so I don't really expect much. I'll get windows when I'm a salaried employee in a year or two. Already offered a job hooray!

Omar
31 Jul 2008, 07:30am
GIVE REPEAT HIS SLIDE YOU SICK BASTARDS :rlol:
lol google- kindergarden for adults.

GrayFox
31 Jul 2008, 07:30am
Fuck Google. I sit at a desk all day. No windows. No sound. Just the constant clack of keyboards to keep me company. I WANT A DAMN SLIDE! WHY NOT ME?!

Haha, granted - I'm an intern so I don't really expect much. I'll get windows when I'm a salaried employee in a year or two. Already offered a job hooray!

Go to www.wbcn.com, stream it, and turn up your speakers. It should help you get through the day. :partydance:

Suri
31 Jul 2008, 07:51am
I have seen pics from Google HQ before, but these are much cooler!! WoW what I place to work. I thought the EA Offices here in Orlando was cool when I went there to play some BF 1942.

Repeat
31 Jul 2008, 08:07am
I tend to put my headphones on and go to www.pandora.com we're not really supposed to but I do anyway.

I seriously think my productivity would go up AT LEAST 50% if there was a slide...

zero
31 Jul 2008, 09:09am
I actually had a phone interview with them for a software development position in their Boulder office a few months ago. I didn't even make it to the second interview, lol. The weird thing is that I nailed every one of their questions. Oh well. I guess they didn't like my voice.

Red
31 Jul 2008, 09:23am
Or they probably want a fresh out of college kid that'll work for peanuts just to be able to say they work at google.

Daze
31 Jul 2008, 10:13am
Or they probably want a fresh out of college kid that'll work for peanuts just to be able to say they work at google.

or we could face the bitch that is reality and say you didn't nail it, a shame though

SA'S WORKING FOR GOOGLE FTW!!!

Omar
31 Jul 2008, 10:36am
I tend to put my headphones on and go to www.pandora.com we're not really supposed to but I do anyway.

I seriously think my productivity would go up AT LEAST 50% if there was a slide...

GIVE HIM HIS SLIDE YOU GREEDY BASTARDS!1 :001_tt2:

Repeat
31 Jul 2008, 10:57am
GIVE HIM HIS SLIDE YOU GREEDY BASTARDS!1 :001_tt2:

I want a slide so badly...I was walking around the office today thinking how fucking cool it would be to be able to slide into say, the kitchen area to get a bottle of water. It doesn't even have to be a twisty slide (though of course that would be preferable...one that is like a twisty tube! Hooray!)... it could just be a flat slide...I'd still love that. I'd go 'weeeee' the whole way down. It would brighten my day, and I'm sure everyone else's if they could go weeee down the slide...

Red
31 Jul 2008, 11:37am
or we could face the bitch that is reality and say you didn't nail it, a shame though

I never applied for Google.

Or are you talking to Zero

Daze
31 Jul 2008, 12:07pm
I never applied for Google.

Or are you talking to Zero

@Zero :)

zero
31 Jul 2008, 02:54pm

Googles loss. :)

Toxin
1 Aug 2008, 05:43am
Google is only for users over eighteen :001_huh:
At Microsoft's HQ, they treat their employees even better than at Google.

Anyway, Microsoft sucks badly.

Mammal
1 Aug 2008, 06:22am
Air conditioning is like computers, it works until you open windows.

Red
1 Aug 2008, 09:08am
Air conditioning is like computers, it works until you open windows.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9153/1191664289385zp9yo4.jpg

WTFBBQ_Z0MB13
1 Aug 2008, 06:19pm
This is an awesome employer.

Joeytron
1 Aug 2008, 06:30pm
wow thats amazing haha