PDA

View Full Version : An idea for DR map

Cranks
25 Jul 2008, 06:38pm
Ok so i don't know how many have seen the following film which i'm talking about so here is a you tube link to the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01hUyIrubWE

Its basically a cube created as a test maybe i'm not sure since we don't actually find out who built it we get no explanation basically

How ever i feel this would make a very interesting and fun map.

Worth a look in to.

Thanks for reading...

Cranks.

SpikedRocker
25 Jul 2008, 06:53pm
Not a bad idea for a layout, there would be not defined route, its kinda mixing escape with death run. If i wasn't having trouble with my dr map I'd like to hop on this.

Cranks
25 Jul 2008, 07:55pm
Not a bad idea for a layout, there would be not defined route, its kinda mixing escape with death run. If i wasn't having trouble with my dr map I'd like to hop on this.

True there mite be a way to make it so the traps are different every time and in the film the rooms are actually moving around.

SpikedRocker
25 Jul 2008, 08:03pm
True there mite be a way to make it so the traps are different every time and in the film the rooms are actually moving around.

Randomizing where hostage locations are, is easy, but randomizing traps, i don't see how thats possible. And motion with each room would just lag the hell out of the server. But keep the ideas flowing.

Cranks
25 Jul 2008, 08:19pm
Randomizing where hostage locations are, is easy, but randomizing traps, i don't see how thats possible. And motion with each room would just lag the hell out of the server. But keep the ideas flowing.

Ok how about a fixed way. But with different spawn locations within the cube so its not totally fixed but fairly random were you spawn.

Gray
25 Jul 2008, 08:47pm
Ok how about a fixed way. But with different spawn locations within the cube so its not totally fixed but fairly random were you spawn.

Then you could memorize where to go.

I'm thinkin' that instead of ALLWAYS moving rooms why not just go thru some traps and have a timer. And when it gets to zero all the rooms lock up and the rooms start to move then, find a new link with another room (or the previous one to mess with you some more) and then unlock the doors and you can find your way thru? PLUS the different spawns so you can't possible memorize it. Frankly because I don't think you can have the rooms randomly find a link with the other rooms. So they would have to be set moves before.

And the T's would never be able to activate the traps properly, so maybe EVERYONE is a CT (that way you can survive as much as you want, because it is probs impossible to win anyways) and the traps automaticaly set themselves off with like preassure pannels and shit, whenever you leave the room they can be reactivated, like a 5 second cool down, just incase some poor sucker is behind you.

SpikedRocker
26 Jul 2008, 08:05am

Random spawn locations are possible, if you notice when you spawn as CT you aren't always in the same spawn point but obviously you are in the same genral area.

I'm thinkin' that instead of ALLWAYS moving rooms why not just go thru some traps and have a timer. And when it gets to zero all the rooms lock up and the rooms start to move then, find a new link with another room (or the previous one to mess with you some more) and then unlock the doors and you can find your way thru? PLUS the different spawns so you can't possible memorize it. Frankly because I don't think you can have the rooms randomly find a link with the other rooms. So they would have to be set moves before.

And the T's would never be able to activate the traps properly, so maybe EVERYONE is a CT (that way you can survive as much as you want, because it is probs impossible to win anyways) and the traps automaticaly set themselves off with like preassure pannels and shit, whenever you leave the room they can be reactivated, like a 5 second cool down, just incase some poor sucker is behind you.

Moving rooms means moving brushes, very complex and would severly lag the server. To picture it think of spacestation x, those ships were made with brushes and not props and we all know how laggy that map gets when the spaceships move.
Not having any T's makes the end suck, if theres no T's if someone makes it out, they have to suicide.
Traps could set up automaticly by the use of triggers if someone walks into them. Good example of it is those "?" in the one map that tells you what the trap does. Just have the trigger do something else.

All very good possibilities!

Cranks
26 Jul 2008, 08:30am
Then you could memorize where to go.

That would work well i did forget to say there would be no T since the traps activate them selves im not sure it never got explained.

Cranks
28 Jul 2008, 06:37pm
Ok so i found one map that would give me an idea of how i would want the map i would be making to look

1. http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cube0000dr5.jpg

1. Basic view of how each cube room would almost look. Each room would be different as in the movie since its based on it

2. http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cube0001he2.jpg

2. This images show the out side of the cube which is a sold metal casing.

3. http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cube0002jx2.jpg

3. shows the cube [called the bridge]the room joins the exit and cube how ever it moves around the cube so the bridge is not always joined to the exit

4. http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cube0003pv0.jpg

4. The light you see is the exit now know one knows were the exit leads to so basically first one to get there or team wins then the map would start a new round.

5. http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cube0004aw3.jpg

5. Most of the rooms in the cube have a downside to them this one being a trap that is set off when you hit the floor of the cube. The reason for these traps being there is unknown.

6. http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cube0006dj4.jpg

6. this is the area connecting the rooms together. The numbers you see tell you if the room is trapped. If all 3 numbers are prime numbers then its safe if at least one is not a prime number the room is trapped and there for not safe.

So i have a lot of work ahead of me.

ReaŠper
28 Jul 2008, 10:09pm
I had always imagined a map like this would make its way into Deathrun, say when the cube goes into lockdown and supposedly *moves*, why not use a teleport to cycle between rooms? It eliminates the need to make moving rooms, but the when/where would be pre-set as the traps would be controlled by T's and not by triggers. My two cents lol, I really would LOVE to see a map like this made and working, "Welcome to hell in a RubiksCube"

Cranks
29 Jul 2008, 05:36am
Actually when a cube gose in to lockdown it dose a cleansweep so thats not good lol.

ReaŠper
29 Jul 2008, 02:27pm
ah, well my mistake on that, its been a while since I've watched the movies so my memory of it is abit hazy.

Trip
29 Jul 2008, 05:15pm
would be cool for an zombie map.

Cranks
30 Jul 2008, 04:39am
would be cool for an zombie map.

lol i did think about that but the zombies would have to much health and would be able to pass though the traps alive.