PDA

View Full Version : USB gaming mouse

broncoty
25 Jul 2008, 02:18am
anyone have any good suggestions for a usb gaming mouse to use with my laptop?

*Queen VenomousFate*
25 Jul 2008, 02:22am
anyone have any good suggestions for a usb gaming mouse to use with my laptop?

I Would Go With The Logitech G4, I Think It Is. I Have It And It Works Great, And Has Buttons To Change Mouse Sensitivity On The Fly.

If You Have Wireless Dont Get It Though AS It Will Cause Great Interferance And Ocassionaly Will Stop Working For A Few Seconds.

broncoty
25 Jul 2008, 03:03am
I Would Go With The Logitech G4, I Think It Is. I Have It And It Works Great, And Has Buttons To Change Mouse Sensitivity On The Fly.

If You Have Wireless Dont Get It Though AS It Will Cause Great Interferance And Ocassionaly Will Stop Working For A Few Seconds.

ya i use wireless

*Queen VenomousFate*
25 Jul 2008, 03:12am
ya i use wireless

Dont Go With It Then, Try And Find A Different One That Runs On A Different Frequency, Also If Your Wireless In On Your Desk Next To Your Computer Give Up On A Wireless Mouse Since It Will Be Just Interferance All Day Long.

broncoty
25 Jul 2008, 03:18am
Dont Go With It Then, Try And Find A Different One That Runs On A Different Frequency, Also If Your Wireless In On Your Desk Next To Your Computer Give Up On A Wireless Mouse Since It Will Be Just Interferance All Day Long.

dam well i dont mind going corded ill look at logitech thanks man

broncoty
25 Jul 2008, 03:20am
what about this one

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MX518-Gaming-Optical-Mouse/dp/B0007Z1M50/ref=pd_bbs_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216977566&sr=8-9

Daze
25 Jul 2008, 03:22am
i use a plain HP mouse, its never caused me any of the trouble that some of the microsoft ones that are like 3 x the price have done.

should just get one of them!

Red
25 Jul 2008, 09:44am
I've been using this mouse since college. Currently on my 5th one (I broke the other ones out of anger back when I used to play CS/DOD competitively.)

Intelli Explorer 3.0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GOUE7O

It's so good that after halting production of it, microsoft got flooded with complaints from gamers and they started producing it again with tweaks marketed towards gamers.

Article about it http://builder-news.com.com/IntelliMouse-Explorer-glides-back-to-life/2100-1041_3-6109420.html

Before they re-released it I tried a variety of mice, the logitech mx518s, logitech G5, Razers etc etc. In the end I went back to the IE3.0.

Smallsasaurus
25 Jul 2008, 10:42am
I have the Logitech G5 and love it. I don't think I could go back to a standard mouse for gaming anymore, but I have heard good things about the Explorer too, and its about $20 cheaper.

I don't think you would regret getting either one.

And wired ftw. No batteries, no lost/weak signals.

BOOWY
25 Jul 2008, 11:03am
I have the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. It's not a great mouse, but it's not crap either. I've used better.

My beef with the IMEx is the side buttons and the wheel. The side buttons feel very cheap in comparison to Logitech side buttons, but they function like their supposed to so it's not a big issue, it's the feel that sucks. The wheel on the IMEx on mine is pretty bad. It functions, but sometimes it feels like the roll detector thing kind of goes off where it's supposed to detect the roll, between the sections, and it'll give you a roll detect in the middle of one of those sections if you just nudge it forward or back. Sometimes it rolls once by itself after I've used the wheel.

The one thing I have to give credit for in comparison to Logitech mice is that there's no logo right against the palm of your hand like there are on Logitech mice. After a few weeks the logo suffers massive wear and tear and eventually it makes your mouse look like shit. Microsoft mice don't have that.

Maxwelldon
25 Jul 2008, 11:39am
Steel Series : Ikari Laser Mouse (http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/mice/ikari_laser/information), I'm myself looking for that at the moment, also Logitech G5 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/359&cl=us,en) is good, myself I've had my friends one in test and I can recommend it if you looking for some cheaper option for gaming mouse.. The weights are a nice in the G5 since you can adjust how heavy the mouse feels when ever moving it around.
Both fits USB and PS2 (PS2 with a converter) and laser engine - can be used on almost any surface without problems.

AppleShark
25 Jul 2008, 11:51am
I've had a Microsoft Habu for about a year now and can't say there's anything wrong with it.(It did break but that's because it fell down the back of a radiator :P)

broncoty
26 Jul 2008, 09:14pm
thanks for all the great help guys i am going to see how i do with a touch pad and if i suxor ill order a mouse lol

Silentmist413
29 Jul 2008, 08:26pm
Razer Lachesis is what I use, I love this thing

RimzaK
23 May 2009, 06:57am
Two choices, g5, or Lachesis, I use Lachesis, and I love it.

Bodybag
23 May 2009, 07:37am
Not a big fan of the razer mouses because u pay for the name pretty much imo. Me and my bro have the MX518 and its beautiful. It scrolls smoothly and everything.. the buttons on it are easy and it glides good too. The buttons aren't hard to reach on the side and it has the sensitivity changer on it just incase u need it. That's my choice for you, but you can choose however you feel =D

raven maniac
23 May 2009, 10:01am
Steel Series : Ikari Laser Mouse (http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/mice/ikari_laser/information).

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I had the Ikari and I didn't like :[. I'm sure everyone else has different opinions on certain mice, but I had to return to the mx518.

trakaill
24 May 2009, 08:05pm
Two choices, g5, or Lachesis, I use Lachesis, and I love it.

Not a big fan of the razer mouses because u pay for the name pretty much imo. Me and my bro have the MX518 and its beautiful. It scrolls smoothly and everything.. the buttons on it are easy and it glides good too. The buttons aren't hard to reach on the side and it has the sensitivity changer on it just incase u need it. That's my choice for you, but you can choose however you feel =D

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I had the Ikari and I didn't like :[. I'm sure everyone else has different opinions on certain mice, but I had to return to the mx518.

year old threads means anything to you people???

Toxin
24 May 2009, 08:52pm
year old threads means anything to you people???

So? Definetely better then making new ones. Seriously.

trakaill
24 May 2009, 10:40pm
So? Definetely better then making new ones. Seriously.

ARE YOU ON FUCKIN CRACK!!! AMONO BUMPED EVERY SINGLE THREAD IN THIS SECTION AND PEOPLE ARE REPLYING LIKE ITS ACTUALITY!!!!....

raven maniac
25 May 2009, 08:08am
ARE YOU ON FUCKIN CRACK!!! AMONO BUMPED EVERY SINGLE THREAD IN THIS SECTION AND PEOPLE ARE REPLYING LIKE ITS ACTUALITY!!!!....

lol

Dracula
25 May 2009, 08:21am

Caps lock tells me your a retard.:smile:

trakaill
25 May 2009, 08:29pm
Caps lock tells me your a retard.:smile:

I dont need cap lock to know your a retard!!:blink1:

raven maniac
25 May 2009, 09:29pm
locked....