PDA

View Full Version : Racism

Itendtokill
23 Jul 2008, 05:34pm
I think anyone who says anything Racist, Descrimating, or Making Fun of Players Voices and ages should get 1 warning, then a 1day ban...

I play alot, and I see alot of stuff that I dont think she be tolerated at all..

Players making fun of players for being younger, or asking questions... Some players make fun of other players voices...

I see admins on, and nothing happens... I think it should be taken more seriously

Supra Man
23 Jul 2008, 08:02pm
I think anyone who says anything Racist, Descrimating, or Making Fun of Players Voices and ages should get 1 warning, then a 1day ban...

I play alot, and I see alot of stuff that I dont think she be tolerated at all..

Players making fun of players for being younger, or asking questions... Some players make fun of other players voices...

I see admins on, and nothing happens... I think it should be taken more seriously

It's an M rated game.

it's supposed to be for people of age 17 or over.

Of course alot of these people who come home after a long day of work to blow off some stress, or just people who payed for this game PERIOD would have a problem with some squeaky voiced 8 year old spamming the mic in this game!

Italian Jew
23 Jul 2008, 08:26pm
not another one of these dumb ass debates...

Iban
23 Jul 2008, 11:31pm
I don't know if you've heard the news flash, but your age is not your fucking race. I think that you should have to be 13 or older just to get into the servers and admitting otherwise results in a ban in time equivalent to you reaching your 13th birthday.

Itendtokill
24 Jul 2008, 06:24am
Just because someone has a younger voice doesn't mean they dont have the right to play... if they are just talking, NOT BREAKING ANY RULES then why kick?? Because they are younger?

Only way they should be kicked for age is for spam or rule breaking not for being a youngster :)

You and I know when you were that age you were playing rated M games

Lux
24 Jul 2008, 09:30am
It's an M rated game.

it's supposed to be for people of age 17 or over.

That depends. In England it is a 16+ game, in other countries it could be less.

But who really goes by these rules? When you were under 18 did you still get GTA, yes.

Its funny how 8 year olds get laughed at by 13 year olds, and then they get laughed at by 18 year olds.

Everyone has a right to play if they don't break the rules. If you are mic spamming it is against the rules, whether you are 8 or 18, so it doesn't really matter.

MasterkennyG
24 Jul 2008, 09:38am
ii agree because tcp and kalibre are a perfict example of someone who is

1. mature

2. friendly

3. smart

4. follows rules

5. and fun too play with

they do sound like 12 year olds but im pritty sur theyr probbably more mature then me

i think it depends on the player

Astrum
24 Jul 2008, 12:31pm
You and I know when you were that age you were playing rated M games

When I was that age voice chat in game was rare, so no one had to deal with it.

There are plenty of well behaved youngsters playing on the server, there are also plenty of kids who haven't learned how to use their inside voice yet. Since mute doesn't work on many SG servers players only have three options if they want to keep playing:
1. Wait for an admin to mute them
2. Turn off voice completely
3. Leave voice on and endure

Also, this isn't racism. Age brackets are not "races".

Itendtokill
24 Jul 2008, 12:38pm
Read my entry paragraph please...

I stated after 2nd comma including voices not titling Voices as a race.. added as a sub category

bor3d
24 Jul 2008, 12:41pm
What does a players age have to do with Racism? This topic went way off discussion from the get-go. If a player has a high-pitched voice they should not be forced to not talk, but warned that if they yell or talk alot they can get annoying. If they don't listen...give them the boot and maybe they will catch the hint.

However, I believe strongly that racism in the server is not tolerable, joke or not. I am black and the use of the n-word bothers me sometimes because it's not even being used the way it was originally intended, people say it now just to say. It's really idiotic. My suggestion, if you want to say the n-bomb, say it off the microphone. If I can't hear it, we have no issues.

:P

iS2sweets
24 Jul 2008, 12:41pm
what if they admitted they were turning 10? o_o
warning... they shouldnt be playing.
rated M for a reason.

Astrum
24 Jul 2008, 12:55pm
Read my entry paragraph please...

I stated after 2nd comma including voices not titling Voices as a race.. added as a sub category

The title of this thread is "Racism", your post is almost entirely about age. Forgive me for assuming the two were connected in some way.

what if they admitted they were turning 10? o_o
warning... they shouldnt be playing.
rated M for a reason.

Adolescents can have M rated games, it's not against the law.

iS2sweets
24 Jul 2008, 01:00pm
aw darn...

Lux
24 Jul 2008, 02:22pm
Yes, like how its only illegal for under 18s to buy alcohol (21 for America), but you can be as young as 5 to drink it.

PotshotPolka
24 Jul 2008, 04:19pm

First person to ban him for mic spamming on a server is getting cake.

cpt.cookie
26 Jul 2008, 11:18am
yaon breakfloor it sayts no rasisum but rassist come on any way call me the n word or cracker and it gets annoying and im white so why are they calling me the n word

SOLANUM
26 Jul 2008, 02:05pm
yaon breakfloor it sayts no rasisum but rassist come on any way call me the n word or cracker and it gets annoying and im white so why are they calling me the n word

....christ

Supra Man
27 Jul 2008, 02:58am

But who really goes by these rules? When you were under 18 did you still get GTA, yes.

Its funny how 8 year olds get laughed at by 13 year olds, and then they get laughed at by 18 year olds.

Everyone has a right to play if they don't break the rules. If you are mic spamming it is against the rules, whether you are 8 or 18, so it doesn't really matter.

actually, no, I never did get GTA....

nor has it ever really appealed to me...

running down hookers?? meh...

I'd rather play God of War :D

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.cookie View Post
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

....christ

LOL

yes, the n word isn't appropriate use as an insult for your race, but there are some ignorant people who think that it's funny/cute/cool to say, just like the words f*g f****t g*y h*m* or any other insults of sexual preference/racial/religious nature.

It's simply blind and ignorant discrimination.

Much like refusing to spellcheck your words, being too lazy to type, or otherwise (and by far worse) CHOOSING to actually type things out like you just did..

your form is a bit more acceptable by the way....

but not by much -_-

*Queen VenomousFate*
27 Jul 2008, 03:19am

Our current rules require that Admins issue a warning for racism then if it continues they can issue a ban, except for extreme circumstances where the person is spamming racism or being a griefer, or has already been warned.

However we have no such rule againt players making fun of a player because of their age and/or voice. Any player who plays on our servers should be mature enough to simply ignore any people who make fun of them.

Racism is banned because it can bring up a painful chapter in many's history, but age and sound of voice do not deserve protection under our rules.

Also stop flamming eachother or i will lock the thread.

Snakeeater1
27 Jul 2008, 05:12am
I think anyone of any age should be allowed to play CS:S without older players harrassing them, just as long as they dont break any of the rules and not fucking bug us with young squealing spammage on mics that is obviously annoying the hell out of players...:cursing:

Lux
27 Jul 2008, 05:19am
I dunno I like to play with people who are nice to me....have a conversation etc.

I'm not gonna go and cry if one person has a go at me, I'll probly make a joke of it but when the whole server is having a go at you it isn't nice, and it can really hurt you, someone who is here right now in the world.

Sorry but I just think that is alot worse than a racist term, which could offend someone because of abuse a long time ago.

|Marinebunny|
10 Aug 2008, 10:41am

15 in finland

XeNo
10 Aug 2008, 11:00am
Because nurturing adolescence is our main goal here at ZombieMurder, taking the younger players and bringing them under our wing, telling them that life is fair and that everyone is equal. That there are no mean people, that if they make a mistake, it's not a mistake, it's a 'oopsy'. And when they do anything wrong, we try and turn it into something they did RIGHT! =D Cause we love our younger players and want them to grow up in Counter Strike the way we never had.

If kids these days are going to cry that we aren't going easy on them then they're being brought up the wrong way.

If they can't handle being made fun of they can go to another server, SG Servers are not the only servers in existance, there's christian servers out there if they want to be treated kindly and be taught about how everyone loves eachother. Hell, even Christian servers kick kids that are being annoying or mic spamming or yelling.

I'm sure SG Servers can continue on easily without it being filled with younger players or idiots that can't handle being made fun of.

A.C. Slater
20 Aug 2008, 04:11am
To the people saying "Lolz 18 or older to play here" or "kidz shouldnt play", you do realize playing an M rated game when you are younger then 18 isn't illegal, right? A 11 year old has JUST as much a right to play the game as a 25 year old, and as of right now, the server rules don't even reflect that kids shouldn't play on here, so I don't see why there is any complaining.

Actually, I find it more annoying when the older players insult and yell at the little kids talking when they just ask questions on how to do something, or even just say Hi(which ALL of you guys do).

XeNo
20 Aug 2008, 05:08am
To the people saying "Lolz 18 or older to play here" or "kidz shouldnt play", you do realize playing an M rated game when you are younger then 18 isn't illegal, right? A 11 year old has JUST as much a right to play the game as a 25 year old, and as of right now, the server rules don't even reflect that kids shouldn't play on here, so I don't see why there is any complaining.

Actually, I find it more annoying when the older players insult and yell at the little kids talking when they just ask questions on how to do something, or even just say Hi(which ALL of you guys do).

'guise how do u move?' - That kind of crap I insult immediately simply because it's common sense to learn on your own.

It's rare I see anyone in the servers insult under aged players and tell them to stop playing the game. Nine times out of ten it's 'Please for the love of god stop talking' simply because hearing a pubescent voice spamming the mic or to simply talk high pitched is annoying.

mNote
20 Aug 2008, 06:13am
Fucking necro-post.

StrykerSwat
20 Aug 2008, 07:42am
but this is true tho,i mean i hate it when ppl that are 13 years old threat 8-12 years old,is like they got that shit from other players

for example

Bubba is 8 years old,he dosent get annoying,and he sometimes talks alot,and ppl that arnt familiar with SG/ZM tell Bubba to shut up

now TCP-Kill,everyone of course respects him(ppl that arnt familiar with SG/ZM)because he is admin,they know he will mute him or like that

but this is true,8-12 years old should be respected,and not get laughed at or like that,because maybe one of these days ur kids that might play video games might get laughed at,or being told to shut up

i mean just because he is underage dosent mean they arnt allowed to play or talk in mic

i mean most ppl in SG/ZM players or regulars are about 16 and under,and if u say it suppose to be ages 17+ then that means,u are underage

if they mic spam or if they break rules either mute them or kick/ban them,and yes it does get annoying when a kid spams the mic,just kick the spammers and rule breakers

so

RESPECT THE PLAYERS :thumbup1:

Lux
20 Aug 2008, 11:03am
Everyones part of the community whether they are 8 or 50.

Younger players are proved themselves to be mature and your voice doesn't mean anything.

When things get annoying I'm sure they will understand, if not just mute them??? Any non zombie mod server has the mute feature (without admin mute tools) right???

I just find it really sad how 18 year olds have a go at 13 year olds, and they then have a go at 8 year olds.

XeNo
20 Aug 2008, 11:44am
I have respect for the kids that put up with shit or don't act like an idiot.

If kids are going to be playing this game they should be able to handle comments that are going at them.

You guys whine about how 13 year olds are treated on the internet, yet the same goes for just about every age group.

You always will have two 16-18 year old guys arguing with each other or calling the other a noob or being racist to them for the way they sound like an accent or so. Or a 30 year old guy that uses his mic and everyone starts saying he lives with his mom or he should get a life and not play video games.

The same crap you guys are complaining about in this thread goes for everyone that plays CS or any game whatsoever. Just because it happens to younger players for different reasons, doesn't mean it's ONLY to them. We'd have to ban this whole community if being disrespectful to another player at any point in time for any reason was bannable.

James
20 Aug 2008, 12:02pm
My stance. I would warn the racist once. He can ignore it at his own peril, and then I would ban.

broncoty
20 Aug 2008, 08:33pm
Our current rules require that Admins issue a warning for racism then if it continues they can issue a ban, except for extreme circumstances where the person is spamming racism or being a griefer, or has already been warned.

However we have no such rule againt players making fun of a player because of their age and/or voice. Any player who plays on our servers should be mature enough to simply ignore any people who make fun of them.

Racism is banned because it can bring up a painful chapter in many's history, but age and sound of voice do not deserve protection under our rules.

Also stop flamming eachother or i will lock the thread.

What happened to

- Respect admins and other players or get banned?

Isnt what this is all about is disrespect?

Personally I enforce this, is someone is being an asshole to someone else, taunting, w/e it is a warn kick ban

h3adsh0t
22 Aug 2008, 01:52pm
but this is true tho,i mean i hate it when ppl that are 13 years old threat 8-12 years old,is like they got that shit from other players

for example

Bubba is 8 years old,he dosent get annoying,and he sometimes talks alot,and ppl that arnt familiar with SG/ZM tell Bubba to shut up

now TCP-Kill,everyone of course respects him(ppl that arnt familiar with SG/ZM)because he is admin,they know he will mute him or like that

but this is true,8-12 years old should be respected,and not get laughed at or like that,because maybe one of these days ur kids that might play video games might get laughed at,or being told to shut up

i mean just because he is underage dosent mean they arnt allowed to play or talk in mic

i mean most ppl in SG/ZM players or regulars are about 16 and under,and if u say it suppose to be ages 17+ then that means,u are underage

if they mic spam or if they break rules either mute them or kick/ban them,and yes it does get annoying when a kid spams the mic,just kick the spammers and rule breakers

so

RESPECT THE PLAYERS :thumbup1:

also obez is only 14 so him 2

trakaill
22 Aug 2008, 02:20pm
What happened to

- Respect admins and other players or get banned?

Isnt what this is all about is disrespect?

Personally I enforce this, is someone is being an asshole to someone else, taunting, w/e it is a warn kick ban

I do too. And as for little kids I rarely get annoyed but their voice can be more annoying than a mature one. Ive asked youglings to lay off the mic a lil before cause they can get pretty loud sometimes I dont see anything wrong with that.

Itendtokill
22 Aug 2008, 02:35pm
Someone delete this thread, i posted this a month ago and people yet still manage to post on it