PDA

View Full Version : [Still] untitled zombie escape map

WholeWheatBread
20 Jul 2008, 08:26am
IT IS FINISHED!

Computer issues aside I finally finished my map. I took into consideration everything the testers told me and made some changes to the map but the feel is still the same. Feel free to add it to the server when you get a second. I want to thank krazie and everyone else who helped test the map and gave me feedback. Enjoy!

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4672/screenshot1gu2.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9186/screenshot2nk1.jpg

Final version link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P3DHTHNW

`(.:Disco Afro Man:.)
20 Jul 2008, 01:23pm
where and how did you make it bread. How!

Jack Napier
20 Jul 2008, 03:51pm
Pertaining to the complaints of maps, I'm trying to find a thread but I don't want to start one, but we could use a "what maps should be removed" thread. Like ze_boat_escape5(version with manual heli and pods), ze_wasteland, and ze_rooftop_runway_v1. rooftop v2 is cool but v1 is nasty.

I'll prolly start a thread and we could take a vote.

Cooki3Monsta
22 Jul 2008, 07:00am
Can't wait to try it out =O

Suri
22 Jul 2008, 07:17am
Pertaining to the complaints of maps, I'm trying to find a thread but I don't want to start one, but we could use a "what maps should be removed" thread. Like ze_boat_escape5(version with manual heli and pods), ze_wasteland, and ze_rooftop_runway_v1. rooftop v2 is cool but v1 is nasty.

I'll prolly start a thread and we could take a vote.

That would not be here in some one else thread. And if you look you can find many threads that have already been created about removing maps.

But from the SS this looks like a good map. Can't wait to get the link so i can try it out. Once i have played it I will PM you back with the feedback.

imkrazie
22 Jul 2008, 09:26am
These are from the final build of the map, it is complete.

Finally...

Looks good though whole, can't wait to play it and close the gate on link

P.S. what's it called?

LinkNEO
22 Jul 2008, 09:38am
can't wait to play it and close the gate on link

So he can get ban and i can work on rank 1:thumbup:

Suri
22 Jul 2008, 09:42am
I played it and here are some of my thoughts.

1.I think the tunnels are way to dark, but I guess thats what you were going for.

2.I could not find the sprinkler systemt to put out the fire, but i think it could have been behind the door with the keypad, but the keypad did not seem to work at all.

3. Did not get to point of the air system when you blow it and it starts to kill you. But I also guess thats for the zombies?

4. The lift is a admin nightmare. One person takes that and the rest of the team is left to only take the tunnel. But guess thats not a bad thing. They still have a option.

5. Have you times both paths? If the people that take the tunnel going to get to the chopper faster? This could be a issue.

WholeWheatBread
22 Jul 2008, 09:52am
I played it and here are some of my thoughts.

1.I think the tunnels are way to dark, but I guess thats what you were going for.

2.I could not find the sprinkler systemt to put out the fire, but i think it could have been behind the door with the keypad, but the keypad did not seem to work at all.

3. Did not get to point of the air system when you blow it and it starts to kill you. But I also guess thats for the zombies?

4. The lift is a admin nightmare. One person takes that and the rest of the team is left to only take the tunnel. But guess thats not a bad thing. They still have a option.

5. Have you times both paths? If the people that take the tunnel going to get to the chopper faster? This could be a issue.

1. Yes, the tunnels are suppose to be dark.

2. The button is in the room with the fire, up on some boxes. The keypad works, you need to know the code. It is to the secret area that I only want a few people to know about.

3. The air system is a "trap" and to add substance to the map.

4. That lift part of the secret area that few have access to, the size is irrelevant.

5. Both paths are close to being equal.

LinkNEO
22 Jul 2008, 11:35am
2. The button is in the room with the fire, up on some boxes. The keypad works, you need to know the code. It is to the secret area that I only want a few people to know about.

That means no Blank videos about it.
Too bad Blank

Suri
22 Jul 2008, 01:24pm
1. Yes, the tunnels are suppose to be dark.

3. The air system is a "trap" and to add substance to the map.

4. That lift part of the secret area that few have access to, the size is irrelevant.

5. Both paths are close to being equal.

Thank you for replying to my thoughts/questions. Just let us know when you would like the map added to the servers. I know you said this is beta and not ready for the Pub. When do you think the Final map would be ready for the servers?

WholeWheatBread
22 Jul 2008, 03:26pm
Thank you for replying to my thoughts/questions. Just let us know when you would like the map added to the servers. I know you said this is beta and not ready for the Pub. When do you think the Final map would be ready for the servers?

Bad news on that...about 2 hours after uploading the map my computer crashed, hard. I am posting from a different computer right now and mine is taken apart on the kitchen table :laugh:. I am pretty sure that I have narrowed down the issue and if that is the case I will have it up and running tomorrow finish up the map. So as of right now you can expect the final version to be ready tomorrow night or Thursday. Also, please continue to leave feedback about the map. If you think something is broke or that something needs to be changed, let me know. The download link is in my original post. Thanks!

Smallsasaurus
22 Jul 2008, 09:06pm
WholeWheatBread (WWB for short) - for a first shot at mapping, pretty stellar job. I ran through this map 3-4 times and just a few thoughts/comments.

1. I agree with Suricuise, the tunnels are way to dark. You don't have to have them all lit up or anything, but just one or two dimly lit lights will direct people in the right direction, not have them thinking "WTF. Where am I"

2. Same goes for the cave, it would help if by either using lighting or some other method to make it a bit more obvious what needs to be done, just incase you get a cave full of people playing the map the first time.

3. I know there isn't much threat of an attack, but the door after the lift opens after a few seconds, but doesn't provide the humans with much cover. Incase zombies are close, a few boxes or something besides an open field to slow the zombies down would help. I'm not sure if you left it open like that by design.

4. The fire room kills you surprisingly fast and the first time I went into it I had no clue where I was going and died, if you could turn down the damage, it might let people like myself not panic so much.

Overall it looks good and could be a fun map. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action on a zombie server.

WholeWheatBread
22 Jul 2008, 10:16pm
WholeWheatBread (WWB for short) - for a first shot at mapping, pretty stellar job. I ran through this map 3-4 times and just a few thoughts/comments.

1. I agree with Suricuise, the tunnels are way to dark. You don't have to have them all lit up or anything, but just one or two dimly lit lights will direct people in the right direction, not have them thinking "WTF. Where am I"

2. Same goes for the cave, it would help if by either using lighting or some other method to make it a bit more obvious what needs to be done, just incase you get a cave full of people playing the map the first time.

3. I know there isn't much threat of an attack, but the door after the lift opens after a few seconds, but doesn't provide the humans with much cover. Incase zombies are close, a few boxes or something besides an open field to slow the zombies down would help. I'm not sure if you left it open like that by design.

4. The fire room kills you surprisingly fast and the first time I went into it I had no clue where I was going and died, if you could turn down the damage, it might let people like myself not panic so much.

Overall it looks good and could be a fun map. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action on a zombie server.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have taken them into consideration and plan on implementing some of them when I finally get my PC working again.

T-Bone
25 Jul 2008, 10:13am
Watched Krazie playing it and it looks pretty nice. I love the traps thrown in there to piss all the noobs off. Good job.:thumbup1:

imkrazie
25 Jul 2008, 07:10pm
Just a few more things I noticed...

The first water trap (in the tunnels) has a ledge near the end of the drop which takes about 80 health if you land on it. Needs to be pushed back into the wall.

The drop from the secret vent ladder to the lab entry way is pretty long and takes away too much health. Add one of those huge boxes below it to fix that (you can add other boxes to make it fit in too. Make it a storage room ).

Taking the truck from the factory is about 40 seconds slower than the mining shafts. Either make the truck path straight (in a diagonal line) or somehow make the mining shafts slower (make the dynamite blow later 15-20 seconds and make it a defensible point with boxes, etc).

I noticed that if your in the very tailend of the helicopter crouch jumping (like someone would to glitch another poor soul off) you die from the nuke. Might want to check that out.

you got all my other finds through pm's.

Hope you can finish it on your laptop since your computer went boom, literally.

Mammal
26 Jul 2008, 11:22am
Looking nice, please finish =)

WholeWheatBread
31 Jul 2008, 10:56am
Looking nice, please finish =)

It is finished! Just waiting for it to be added to the server now.

Suri
31 Jul 2008, 11:58am
I will add this when I get home.