PDA

View Full Version : 6 years for sex on the beach, worth it?

Lux
19 Jul 2008, 06:48pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/dubai/2273330/British-woman-faces-jail-for-sex-on-Dubai-beach.html

So after reading this I wasn't really suprised, sex in public is an offence, and so is assault on an officer, but 6 years???

You might get less for man slaughter in the UK, especially with good behaviour.

Things I did think were maybe unfair were that it is a criminal offence to have sex outside marriage, and be gay! Also to drink alcohol or be drunk in public.

Now, Dubai is meant to be a thriving city, but with laws like this they aren't exactly Western. Just seems a bit silly how we get done for sex outside marriage, drinking etc, yet they are completely free to practice their religions and do whatever they please socially.

We seem to lean over completely to make sure other races and religions are happy, but we seem to forget ourselves.

Thoughts?

Slavic
19 Jul 2008, 06:54pm
They are businessmen, they should know that when you are in another country, YOUR IN ANOTHER FUCKING COUNTRY. You follow their laws because it is their laws.

They were first given a warning, there should of been no reason for them to still stay there.

TofuShop
19 Jul 2008, 06:57pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/dubai/2273330/British-woman-faces-jail-for-sex-on-Dubai-beach.html

So after reading this I wasn't really suprised, sex in public is an offence, and so is assault on an officer, but 6 years???

Things I did think were maybe unfair were that it is a criminal offence to have sex outside marriage, and be gay! Also to drink alcohol or be drunk in public.

Now, Dubai is meant to be a thriving city, but with laws like this they aren't exactly Western. Just seems a bit silly how we get done for sex outside marriage, drinking etc, yet they are completely free to practice their religions and do whatever they please socially.

We seem to lean over completely to make sure other races and religions are happy, but we seem to forget ourselves.

Thoughts?

Almost all are offense in the west as well not ncluding the gay part, but you will get arrested for being drunk in public, being nude/having sex, and assaulting an officer. Yeah, they can frown on being gay, but these charges wouldn't be any different if she were gay or not. You just don't smack a police officer.

Italian Jew
19 Jul 2008, 06:58pm
lmfao..."found in a compromising position"

*Queen VenomousFate*
19 Jul 2008, 07:20pm

Thoughts?

I Thought Your Post Said "6 Years Of Sex On A Beach" So I Was Like Sounds Good To Me.

Lux
19 Jul 2008, 07:30pm
I Thought Your Post Said "6 Years Of Sex On A Beach" So I Was Like Sounds Good To Me.

That would be another question............

6 years of sex but you get skin cancer.......yes or no? :rlol:

TofuShop
19 Jul 2008, 07:31pm
That would be another question............

6 years of sex but you get skin cancer.......yes or no? :rlol:

I hear it is especially bad in Europe these days.

James
20 Jul 2008, 04:03am

Thoughts?

You have to understand, criminal sentences in this country are pathetic.
Supposed "life" sentences for murder are not very long at all, maybe 15-20 years in prison.

Lux
20 Jul 2008, 04:13am
Well that depends James.

I personally think 15-20 years is basically killing someone.

They have to endure all that time in a small cell, maybe 1 hour a day outside, I would never be able to take it.

I personally think that first onces should be small sentences, and then any other serious crimes after that and you get the death sentence.

Question is, what laws do you prefer? Ours which is reasonably fair on criminals, and foreign cultures etc or theres which is basically Islamic law, they have the right to it I guess but makes me angry when you see how pathetically the UK bends over to them.

Mammal
20 Jul 2008, 07:31am
They are in our country they obey our laws, we are in they country we should obey theirs.
If we dont we get arrested, as do they in our country.

SpikedRocker
20 Jul 2008, 08:48am
Thats the thing with islamic law, you get caught stealing you get you hand lopped off by a machete. If she's just getting 6 years she should feel lucky, if this was a different country or a few 100 years ago she'd been stoned to death on the spot.

Lux
20 Jul 2008, 10:22am
I am thinking about to when an English woman teaching out there called a teddy Mohammed (by children's request) and there were riots saying "Kill her" and all sorts. Luckily they came to their senses....... this however I'm not so sure about, she did assault an officer aswell.

Daze
20 Jul 2008, 03:46pm
Thats not the whole reason why there calling for a sentence like that.

Its the fact that the woman threatened to sue the police officer who caught them, some newspaper said if she didn't do that, it would have been dealt with quietly.

i never heard anything about assualting a police officer though !??!?

Gumpy
20 Jul 2008, 03:59pm
If that wasn't the best sex she ever had, she would be PISSED.

Captain Colon
29 Jul 2008, 03:16pm
Isn't Dubai also the country that said the dirt in some guy's bag was hash, threw him in jail, then refused to let any independent lab test it?

Repeat
30 Jul 2008, 08:23am
Sex on a beach? I'd hate that. Sand gets everywhere even when you have your clothes on on a beach. Imagine if you were naked rolling around with another person.

Just put down a big blanket. Problem solved!

Slavic
30 Jul 2008, 08:28am
Just put down a big blanket. Problem solved!

first time i ever had sex was on the beach of a river, we just used a blanket.

It was late at night, the moon was out over the river. Light sounds of the rippling river was meshed with the soft chirping of insects. The blanket was woven of soft cotton fabric and placed upon it was two dimly lit candles. A cd player was off in the distance playing soothing r&b.

: D

Repeat
30 Jul 2008, 08:42am
first time i ever had sex was on the beach of a river, we just used a blanket.

It was late at night, the moon was out over the river. Light sounds of the rippling river was meshed with the soft chirping of insects. The blanket was woven of soft cotton fabric and placed upon it was two dimly lit candles. A cd player was off in the distance playing soothing r&b.

: D

That sounds almost like the night I shared with Raven on the French Riviera...though the sound of soft chirping insects was replaced by a strange Frenchman going "eee. eee. eee."

:blushing:

Mammal
30 Jul 2008, 08:46am
TO MUCH INFORMATION!

Omar
30 Jul 2008, 09:35am
Thats the thing with islamic law, you get caught stealing you get you hand lopped off by a machete. If she's just getting 6 years she should feel lucky, if this was a different country or a few 100 years ago she'd been stoned to death on the spot.

yup.

Slavic
30 Jul 2008, 09:44am

My cousin spent part of his first tour as a marine in Djibouti. While in a market two men stole from a vendor and tried to run off with the stolen goods. When they were caught by police each man had one hand chopped off and one foot chopped off in the middle of the market. Hand for theft, foot for fleeing. The officer then pointed to the direction of the nearest hospital 10km away and suggested they hop fast.

Moral of the story. Don't be a dumbass, you could get appendages chopped off.

Lux
30 Jul 2008, 10:50am
I wander what punishment they give for rape

:scared:

Repeat
30 Jul 2008, 12:32pm
Dunno but in prison they'd get killed.

Paedophiles and rapists when put into the general prison populace almost always get killed. A lot of people in there have families.

And what's a few more years if you've already got life.

Lux
30 Jul 2008, 12:36pm
Dunno but in prison they'd get killed.

Paedophiles and rapists when put into the general prison populace almost always get killed. A lot of people in there have families.

I guess you didn't catch onto the

"hand cut off for stealing, leg cut off for running" theory.......

Italian Jew
30 Jul 2008, 12:59pm
for rapists...

NO PENIS FOR YOU!

:scared: