PDA

View Full Version : Mappers Help spot!

NIKO
22 Jun 2007, 11:41am
This is a spot for mappers to help each other out. my current problem is i want to make a Falling cage when a box that holds it is shot and broken, so how Do i make bLoCKes that i have made fall, and be solid so players cant go threw them.

The General
22 Jun 2007, 12:26pm
maybe prop_physics_multiplayer or prop_physics_override

and make sure you change mass scale to something like 0.5 to 1 so they don't just jump through it.

try this and let me know if I was right.

NIKO
22 Jun 2007, 04:03pm
i got it, func_physbox

The General
22 Jun 2007, 05:31pm
When compiling are you having problems with long compile time or are you using area portals correctly?

I know 1 of my maps took forever to compile and so I just compiled the bsp and manually compiled with command prompt was a little more easing on my mind.

I decided to shrink the map down quite a bit and I admit sucks but when finished will get a few players to test out.

When is yours ready to test?
I say mine will be ready in a few days "want to make a few custom signs and stuff before I do final compile.

oh and have to add some lighting and vending machines and other stuff.

Matt.
27 Jun 2007, 02:36pm
I'm just asking one thing. How do you get the file for a map so you can edit it on SDK.

Falcon04
27 Jun 2007, 07:00pm
You have to get the vmf file. If it's someone else's map, you just have to ask I guess.

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
7 Jul 2007, 01:10am
actually theres a progam to decompile other maps, just dont use it to make the 400th lila map, use it to know how things are done. if you do just wanna remake , it would be best to ask the mapper, as vemex, i think that what its called usually decompiles with a few errors so its never perfect. so yeah, look for vmex.

candyman
26 Aug 2007, 09:53pm
I'm trying to locate the ladder skins, and also could someone help me with moving parts, elevators and such?

JoniX
22 Dec 2007, 11:34am
Hi all this is my first post. :P
I have problem whit compiling. When i have compiled my map it goes normally to right folders. But when im going to test it it dont be right version.
One day i was editing my map and added bridge to it and i wanted to test it. :P
I compiled it and then goed to test it and there wasnt any bridge but in hammer editor there was. i hope someone knows whats my problem.
Sorry if u dont understand :P.

Tsuruya-San
22 Dec 2007, 07:34pm
Did you change anything in the Hammer configurations to make it go anywhere else?

Also, try not to bump "old" threads, the admins get a little angry...

Hunter
23 Dec 2007, 01:15am
Y ou should try fpsbanana they might have stuff on that :)

JoniX
23 Dec 2007, 03:36am
Did you change anything in the Hammer configurations to make it go anywhere else?

Also, try not to bump "old" threads, the admins get a little angry...

Sorry i didnt want to make new thread. :(
And yes i changed that compiled maps goes to desktop and then changed it back to cstrike/maps. I changed now some thing in conf and i try to compile that map with fast setting and see does it work now. If it does not work i change settings back and try to solve this problem.

EDIT: Aww didnt work. :(

EvInReaLife
18 Feb 2008, 07:18am
I'm trying to locate the ladder skins, and also could someone help me with moving parts, elevators and such?

type ladder in texture bar for your first problem. It should come up with a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bg_weTzJU
Thats for your second problem. Make sure to follow everything.

*EDIT* The guy who originally posted that doesnt visit the forums anymore:err: