PDA

View Full Version : RNC all politics no policy

tehsnipes
18 Jul 2008, 10:06pm
Anyone else find it ironic that its the same Republicans smearing Obama with lies that smeared McCain in '00. Same Republicans spreading lies about a "black illegitimate child" (a vietnamese girl they adopted), calling McCain a "manchurian candidate". Why can't people focus on the real issues???

Italian Jew
18 Jul 2008, 10:27pm
Because politics has changed into a real thing into a popularity contest. The thing each candidate cares about most is their image to the people. The best choices for office are usually the ones who never run or sometimes the ones who never make it far in the process.

Just sit back and watch the process like watching all the news stations (Fox, CNN, etc.). It is just one big fanfuckingtastic comedy hour with larger than normal stupidity levels as well increased irrelevance to life. Personally, I've never felt dirtier than when I watch our political processes unfold. :rlol:

tehsnipes
18 Jul 2008, 10:37pm
yea Fox News really causes my blood pressure to rise. I don't see Obama's campaign using smears and dirty tactics

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 10:56pm
yea Fox News really causes my blood pressure to rise. I don't see Obama's campaign using smears and dirty tactics

Hey, Don't Yell At Fox Unless You Wanna Equally Yell At MSNBC.

LegalSmash
18 Jul 2008, 11:02pm
Hey, Don't Yell At Fox Unless You Wanna Equally Yell At MSNBC.

Agreed, also CNN for that matter.

Dude, honestly, while your opening post for me just alarms me to your leanings rather quickly (dhimmis do the same sort of shit slinging, against hillary 2008, just like mcCain 2000, there are unclean hands here), I think that you do have a global over all point, politics is not about anything meaningful anymore, its a bunch of bad commercials, for both sides.. I'd kill for another eisenhower.

Slavic
19 Jul 2008, 02:28am
Agreed, also CNN for that matter.

Dude, honestly, while your opening post for me just alarms me to your leanings rather quickly (dhimmis do the same sort of shit slinging, against hillary 2008, just like mcCain 2000, there are unclean hands here), I think that you do have a global over all point, politics is not about anything meaningful anymore, its a bunch of bad commercials, for both sides.. I'd kill for another eisenhower.

If only we had presidents like the golden days. I find the biggest problem in the presidential image hype is the fact that our news media runs 24/7. There is honestly not enough real news to fill a 24 hour time block, so what you get is 20+ hours of bullshit news. If our news broadcasting companies only aired on certain time blocks, you would only get the meaning full news reports.

This will never change though because there is too much money being made in the news conglomerates by advertising.

Lux
19 Jul 2008, 03:12am
Elections really aren't like this in the UK. It's all about voting the other group because the last one sucked, and then they get voted back in next time because this other group suck too.

That said however I went to Ireland on holiday near when elections were happening and on every lamp post I saw there were about 5 different signs saying "Vote for Bla bla".

I must of seen atleast 5000 signs and it all seemed a bit over the top to me :001_rolleyes:

tehsnipes
19 Jul 2008, 05:14pm
Yea, it altogether makes it worse now that Tim Russert is dead :sad:. Its true that MSNBC and CNN are all guilty of that stuff but not to the same degree as Fox News. I'm merely saying that I don't see the same degree of smearing from the democrats that I see from the Republicans. The democrats stick to calling the other side out on issues while the Republicans send out email campaigns of pure lies calling Obama a terrorist and a Muslim. The muslims are encountering the discrimination that the Japanese in received in WWII. Using religion and patriotism as a bludgeon isn't very American at all (I won't mention names).

LegalSmash
19 Jul 2008, 05:46pm
Yea, it altogether makes it worse now that Tim Russert is dead :sad:. Its true that MSNBC and CNN are all guilty of that stuff but not to the same degree as Fox News. I'm merely saying that I don't see the same degree of smearing from the democrats that I see from the Republicans. The democrats stick to calling the other side out on issues while the Republicans send out email campaigns of pure lies calling Obama a terrorist and a Muslim. The muslims are encountering the discrimination that the Japanese in received in WWII. Using religion and patriotism as a bludgeon isn't very American at all (I won't mention names).

LOL whut?

Wow... actually no... they have not been corralled in camps, have not been stripped of civil liberties... they are actually quite alive and bitching it seems.

I can think of at least 800,000 Japanese descendant people who would take quarrell with that comparison.

Omar
19 Jul 2008, 05:57pm
theres actually fries called Mccain.

Slavic
19 Jul 2008, 06:30pm
theres actually fries called Mccain.

in Denmark...?

Lux
19 Jul 2008, 06:42pm
In England!!!

McCain oven chips..mmmmmmmmmm :001_tt2:

Italian Jew
19 Jul 2008, 06:44pm
In England!!!

McCain oven chips..mmmmmmmmmm :001_tt2:

Nom nom nom...

Neolithic potato chips :w00t:

Lux
19 Jul 2008, 06:50pm
Nom nom nom...

Huh??? No not potato chips, we have chunky fries with more potato inside and call them chips.

You then have fries which are the thin ones.

You then have crisps, otherwise known as "potato chips".

:laugh:

Italian Jew
19 Jul 2008, 06:56pm
Oh yeah...

You guys also sometimes call crackers biscuits (or cookies maybe).

WHY CAN'T WE ALL AGREE ON ONE WORD TO CALL IT? :crying:

the corrected version:

Nom nom nom...

Neolithic Chunky Fries

Slavic
19 Jul 2008, 06:59pm
Oh yeah...

You guys also sometimes call crackers biscuits (or cookies maybe).

WHY CAN'T WE ALL AGREE ON ONE WORD TO CALL IT? :crying:

the corrected version:

Nom nom nom...

Neolithic Chunky Fries

cracker biscuits... shut the hell up : D

Lux
19 Jul 2008, 07:11pm
Biscuits are biscuits......

Crackers are the salty crunchy thingies you put Peanut better on (mostly!).

Oh yeah........You also call "Jam" "Jelly".......so what do you call Jelly?

Slavic
19 Jul 2008, 07:13pm
Biscuits are biscuits......

Crackers are the salty crunchy thingies you put Peanut better on (mostly!).

Oh yeah........You also call "Jam" "Jelly".......so what do you call Jelly?

We call Jelly in the US, Fiddle Paste

Italian Jew
19 Jul 2008, 07:20pm
I call jelly jelly. Jam is different than jelly, so jam is jam. Phew, that was easy enough.:laugh:

tehsnipes
19 Jul 2008, 09:20pm
Nom nom nom...

LOL, more like paleolithic

LegalSmash
19 Jul 2008, 09:46pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uneIieUrgI

PotshotPolka
19 Jul 2008, 10:14pm
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2667529

*Queen VenomousFate*
19 Jul 2008, 10:25pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uneIieUrgI

What Is The Point Of This? lol I Know It Is Disgusting But Why lol?

Lux
20 Jul 2008, 03:53am
Hey I posted that already in another topic :sad: