PDA

View Full Version : Valve updating steam

ngdipsetbitch21
21 Jun 2007, 08:44pm
Valve updating Steam
Illustration
Ellie Gibson 09:42 (BST) 21/06/2007

New community features promised

Valve has announced it will be updating its digital distribution platform, Steam, with new community features this summer.

The update will allow users to create personal Steam pages and profiles, create and join groups, schedule games with friends, review post-game stats, and chat to groups and via voice.

These new features will be compatible with all Steam games, not just new releases.

"Adding these new community features to make it easier to connect with other gamers is something we've wanted to see on Steam for a long time and this latest update is just the start," said Valve's Gabe Newell.

"We've got a long list of items that we're working on to make it easier for gamers to connect and play games on Steam."

The update, the largest since Steam's initial release in 2004, will be available free of charge online and via the Steam client.

Kechlion
22 Jun 2007, 10:02am
Why cant valve work on things like... making hit boxes hit polygons and dealing with the fact that even bots hit boxes don't match up with their toons... Hopefully they won't fuck steam up. Anyone remember dynamic pricing? Yeah... this could be bad.

jeN
22 Jun 2007, 12:46pm
They should work on fixing the shit wrong with it rather than adding new stuff.

Sup friends list breaking constantly as it is? I dunno how many people are [unknown] to me, or how many times i've gone [unknown] to friends. :(

Pancake Batter
22 Jun 2007, 12:55pm
I'd like a bigger variety of weapons, though I doubt they'll add any do to balancing.

T-MaG
24 Jun 2007, 11:05am
they should fix the muting system

Henda
24 Jun 2007, 01:00pm
While I think they should fix more stuff, I also like the look of the new steam update, should be fun tbh unless it fucks something.

SilentFox618
24 Jun 2007, 03:53pm
they should fix the muting system

It only seems to only not work when a player is mic spamming like hell, with no admins around... know what I mean? :rolleyes: And the friends list is still kinda glitchy sometimes... hopefully they'll fix that too...

Graves
24 Jun 2007, 03:57pm
Anything that includes the idea of having your own profile, sounds good to me. Knowing Valve, they'll probably fuck it up and take months to fix.

T-MaG
27 Jun 2007, 04:34pm
It only seems to only not work when a player is mic spamming like hell, with no admins around... know what I mean? :rolleyes:

you said it.

Havin new weapons would be cool, but like pancake said, it would be imba for a while.

Plus, we all know that valve/steam couldn't even contemplate balancing new weapons; there are too many problem that are ongoing that they havent even tried to fix...