PDA

View Full Version : "Disrespect" to admins

Lux
18 Jul 2008, 04:19am
I've been looking at quite a lot of the previous bans and some are really, really stupid.

The servers aren't completely clean, people are swearing all the time, and yet they aren't all banned.

But when you swear at an admin, or maybe even say "you idiot" or something like that its straight kick, maybe ban, and then when they come back and say "Why did you kick me?" its a mute. You say they keep annoying you, but maybe you shouldn't of kicked them in the first place.

How many admins swear at people all the time, or atleast say stuff to people that they would kick people for if it was directed at them? MANY. An admin said "YOU FUCKING CUNT NOOB" to my friend in SST because he was struggling to crouch jump up the boxes, but he had barely even played zombie mod, especially this map and never used crouch jump before. What would of happened if I said that to the admin?? Ban.

This is simply power abuse. If you are going to be such babies when you get called something then really just get a therapist or something.

The funny thing is, when admins ban in a argument between both of them. Just because you are the admin, you don't kick/ban just because you can. Also funny when people are swearing all the time and they "don't see it" but then one insult towards them and they suddenly see it straight away and ban.

Lastly....these petty kicks/bans end up a lot of the time with players getting perm bans, or lengthy bans, when it could of all been avoided.

Admins don't seem to understand that when people get punished for something they thought was unfair/ they didn't do, they will be angry. Then in the forums admins call them all sorts of names and hurl abuse and if they reply with anything similiar its a perm, again....power abuse. Try and have some empathy please, this also happens in cases where admins ban straight away for glitching in a heli or something where it could of easilly been accidental.

BUT, I am not saying that players are never disrespectful and never deserve a ban but don't give out petit bans, especially if it is when they are angry that you punished them harshly or for something by accident. Having admin isn't so that you can be the alpha male and punish people for arguing with you, especially when you are as bad as them.

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 04:43am
I Think The Problem You Have Mentioned, Is One Of Importance, Although A Very Small Number Of Admins Take Great Action Against Disrespectors But Those Admins Who Do Arent Truely Breaking Any Rules. But Ultimatly Very Few People Get Kicked Or Banned For Disrespecting An Admin As Compared To Mic Spammers And Whatnot.

I Think That The Best Course Of Action For Any Admin Being Disrespected Is To Take The High Road And Simply Ask The Person To Be More Friendly And Then Ignore Them Should They Continue (Of Course If They Bring Up A Legitimate Concern Then You Should Converse With Them In A Polite Tone No Matter How Vile They Bcome), Of Course If Other People On The Server Become Annoyed Then More Weighty Action Should Be Taken. It Doesn't Take Much To Simply Ignore Text Comments Or Even Verbal Comments But Eventually The Person Will Usually Tire Themselves Out.

juku
18 Jul 2008, 05:18am
Seriously I really don't see much of people getting banned for disrespecting admin unless it was way over the extreme after the (kicks, warning, mute). I mean when I played I always hear those mom jokes and ass jokes toward me which most of the time aren't funny, but it goes I guess. I mean in truth they don't really mean it. In reality we admins are just regular players who play the game, but just see to it that is it in order.:001_tt2:

Jaffa
18 Jul 2008, 06:35am
Depends on the admin. If you have a specific issue with any admin, please use pms

Suri
18 Jul 2008, 06:38am
This is a legit argument. And I think we have weeded out alot of the admins that would do this. And we are trying to keep our eyes on the ones we think still do this. So just know the AO's BOD's know about these kinda things.

Zargotelc
18 Jul 2008, 12:24pm
Seriously I really don't see much of people getting banned for disrespecting admin unless it was way over the extreme after the (kicks, warning, mute). I mean when I played I always hear those mom jokes and ass jokes toward me which most of the time aren't funny, but it goes I guess. I mean in truth they don't really mean it. In reality we admins are just regular players who play the game, but just see to it that is it in order.:001_tt2:

I've said this multiple times but I agree with this , I haven't seen much admin overreactions or abuses of power. Then again , perhaps it's because I limit myself to playing in the mornings from 10 to noon.

SATAN
18 Jul 2008, 01:12pm
I didnt read all of this cause i gtg but...

I think some admins use the "disrespect" policy a little too much and for some people that weren't really disrespecting them.

And i've also seen admins disrespecting players first and then ban them when the players answered with a similar disrespecting term.
I know it frustrating when a player does something stupid and gets you killed or whatever, but admins should really watch what they are saying, especialy if saying it in green chat.

And now im really late damn....

Lux
18 Jul 2008, 01:13pm
I read the ban appeal sections, and tbh I think some bans could of been avoided

Dracula
18 Jul 2008, 02:37pm
I read the ban appeal sections, and tbh I think some bans could of been avoided

100% agree

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 02:50pm
This is a legit argument. And I think we have weeded out alot of the admins that would do this. And we are trying to keep our eyes on the ones we think still do this. So just know the AO's BOD's know about these kinda things.

Thank You For Calming Our Fears, I Will Sleep Well Tonight Knowing That Any Admin Who Abuses Their Banhammer Will Be Swiftly Dealt With.

Lux
18 Jul 2008, 03:18pm
Thank You For Calming Our Fears, I Will Sleep Well Tonight Knowing That Any Admin Who Abuses Their Banhammer Will Be Swiftly Dealt With.

Nope, it means you have to look over your shoulder :scared:

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 03:21pm
Nope, it means you have to look over your shoulder :scared:

No, First Of All Everyone Loves Me, Second Of All, I Do Not Often Exercize My Banhammer, I Prefer To Give Warnings First Then Kicks And Then Bans.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
18 Jul 2008, 03:27pm
I agree a little with you.
But please dont say many admins because its a few admins that maby does it and not many.

Also a few could have been avoided when some people didnt put up a big attitude and just curse at admins directly.

instead of just listening to what the admin has to say when he kicks somebody to warn.
And thats only an example im giving.
Some players find it necessary that when they get kicked as an warning they instantly curse at the admins when they rejoin.

I dont get it why curse when its only a game and you only had a kick.
Then you make it worse for yourself and you can end up with a short ban.
Mostly i ban for 6 hours and not longer if they disrespect.

i know you also said also players does.
But i am giving an example what we sometimes have to deal with and then its not always easy to make a decision.

but mostly i only warn and kick people and ask to not disrespect.
Do they keep going on than its a ban :glare:

trakaill
18 Jul 2008, 03:34pm
Ive seen a lot of it Ive been victim as well.. admins that kick or ban for something you didnt do and when you try to argue the answer is: stfu noob and you get banned for disrespecting admin. I hate it

Silent
20 Jul 2008, 11:12am
Welcome to life buddy. This falls under the common sense category. If you were to call a guy an asshole a bunch of times and a cop was there, would he do much? probably not. If you sat there and called him a pig a bunch of times would he do anything? most definetly harass you. If you called a fellow student a wanker your teacher would tell you to shut up, but if you called him/her that you would be in the office and suspended faster then anything. My point is that if we were to ban every person who argues and calls eachother names we wouldnt have a server left, but if we were to let every person call us names we wouldnt be too intiminating now would we? and we need that intimidation to keep the server from going out of control. But I do agree that admins shouldnt sit there and yell there head off at players but you do have to admit.. everyone gets frustrated sometimes and when a player is banned for disrespect, its most indeedly because their arguing with the admin over rules that player broke. Yah go argue a with a cop about how you think you spitting in his face isnt assault (after you do it) and c how far you get. Im guessing you will get as far a 6 by 9 jail cell.

Omar
20 Jul 2008, 11:34am
well my fellow friend. it depends of what admin they talk to and what player is talking to the admin.
if a random player who just came here and begins to say "FUCK U ADMIN, U BITCH!!!" and admin says disrespect it would be ban, BUT if its a reg who is a friend/good friend of the admin, and hes jk with him he shouldnt be banned.
like if i say to tcp or james "SCREW U!!!" or "SHUT UP" it wouldnt be much of a big deal. becouse we know each other. im just afraid that some other admin, thinks that im disrespecting tcp or james or kalibre by saying shut up and then banning me. it can be avoided if they ask the admin who is being talked to. :001_wub:

Dracula
20 Jul 2008, 12:47pm
well my fellow friend. it depends of what admin they talk to and what player is talking to the admin.
if a random player who just came here and begins to say "FUCK U ADMIN, U BITCH!!!" and admin says disrespect it would be ban, BUT if its a reg who is a friend/good friend of the admin, and hes jk with him he shouldnt be banned.
like if i say to tcp or james "SCREW U!!!" or "SHUT UP" it wouldnt be much of a big deal. becouse we know each other. im just afraid that some other admin, thinks that im disrespecting tcp or james or kalibre by saying shut up and then banning me. it can be avoided if they ask the admin who is being talked to. :001_wub:

100% correct

Lux
20 Jul 2008, 12:54pm
Welcome to life buddy. This falls under the common sense category. If you were to call a guy an asshole a bunch of times and a cop was there, would he do much? probably not. If you sat there and called him a pig a bunch of times would he do anything? most definetly harass you. If you called a fellow student a wanker your teacher would tell you to shut up, but if you called him/her that you would be in the office and suspended faster then anything. My point is that if we were to ban every person who argues and calls eachother names we wouldnt have a server left, but if we were to let every person call us names we wouldnt be too intiminating now would we? and we need that intimidation to keep the server from going out of control. But I do agree that admins shouldnt sit there and yell there head off at players but you do have to admit.. everyone gets frustrated sometimes and when a player is banned for disrespect, its most indeedly because their arguing with the admin over rules that player broke. Yah go argue a with a cop about how you think you spitting in his face isnt assault (after you do it) and c how far you get. Im guessing you will get as far a 6 by 9 jail cell.

That's real life, just because teachers and police are like that does it mean admins on sg have to, no.

People don't need intimidating in that kind of way. If they actually do something wrong, warn then ban if they continue. If they are arguing with you when you KNOW (as in you could post a demo of it and get him banned) that they have broken a rule then just mute them...that is what the tool is for, don't have to ban.

Thing is though, if it is an argument between an admin and player because of what the admin has done, possibly falsely or he has actually done something wrong, the admin has no right to mute/kick/ban. People don't have to accept that they have been kicked when they did nothing wrong, or be muted, frozen, banned, whatever. If you mute/kick/ban them for that you are the one disrespecting them.

BOOWY
20 Jul 2008, 02:52pm
I'm under the impression that you treat people the way you want to be treated. Thus, if someone's swearing at me, admin or not, I'm going to swear at them right back. I'm not going to swear at an admin for no reason at all, that's just foolish.

On this matter, my stance is that there is absolutely no grounds for a ban when a player is using the same level of language an admin is using against them. I agree with the whole 'grow a fucking spine' methodology, but I also agree with just wanting to game in peace without dealing with other people's shit. There's enough shit to deal with in the real world, save everyone the trouble and just fucking relax.

Matt.
21 Jul 2008, 04:27pm
Here's another thing too.

There have been cases when people have called an admin names, but unknowing of them being admin, then getting banned. They don't direct it at them being an admin. Sometimes people will call admin names if they block them or tk them, even if its an accident, but they might get banned by certain admins.

Theres my point, I'mma finish my ramen now.

Doom
29 Jul 2008, 03:22pm
I'm on the wall with this. Just because they have power over the server doesn't mean they arn't a person. Disrespect isn't nice, especially when you're getting bashed for no reason. But I do agree with what was stated, take the high road and if worst comes to worst, mute um. Respect is nice, but Silence is golden. :D